Adan, Thief of Fire is a Boss in Elden Ring. Adan, Thief of Fire is an evergaol prisoner found in the Malefactor's Evergaol in southern Liurnia of the Lakes. Adan is a stout battle mage wielding a spiked flail and utilizes fire magic. This is an optional boss as players are not required to defeat it to advance to the Legacy Dungeon.
The monks came to the land of Liurnia in pursuit of a fugitive who stole their fire.
Elden Ring Adan, Thief of Fire Boss
Adan, Thief of Fire is a Field Boss found within the Malefactor's Evergaol.
- Adan, Thief of Fire is an optional boss.
- Adan, Thief of Fire is a field boss.
- Closest Site of Grace: Folly on the Lake or Liurnia Lake Shore
- Is multiplayer allowed for this boss? No
- Can you summon Spirit ashes for this boss? No
- Drops 3,800 Runes and the Flame of the Fell God incantation upon defeat.
Elden Ring Adan, Thief of Fire Location
Adan, Thief of Fire is imprisoned within the Malefactor's Evergaol in southern Liurnia of the Lakes. The Evergaol is located high above on the long stretch of land in the landmass. Players can reach this location by approaching from the southwestern side of the marshes and then traveling east. [Map Link]
Adan, Thief of Fire Combat Information
- Health: NG (1717), NG+ (??), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+4 (??), NG+5 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+7 (??)
- Defenses: ~100.
- Deals Strike and Fire Damage.
- Parriable: No (main weapon is flail)
- Can be poise broken and staggered with ease
- Will heal once upon taking enough damage.
- The absorption numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example if an absorption is 60. 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% is absorbed. Bigger number= less damage. An absorption of 100 means no damage goes through, and a resistance of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers is the buildup amount to trigger it. For example if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of whatever aux buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs.
Elden Ring Adan, Thief of Fire Boss Guide
Adan, Thief of Fire Boss Video Guide
[video coming soon]
Adan, Thief of Fire Fight Strategy
The Best Tips for Adan, Thief of Fire:
- Use the ?? Spell
- Bring ?? Item
The biggest challenge for melee players is keeping out of range of Adan's fire spells. Always watch out for the telegraphs. Each fire spell he uses flashes a red circular rune briefly before they are cast, signaling when you should dodge away. His Flame of the Fell God spell has a very long animation and slow travel speed, allowing you to easily maintain a safe distance. Catch Flame, on the other hand comes out very quickly and players will need to be extra vigilant in looking for the telegraph.
Adan's melee attacks aren't anything special, although they do apply the hemorrhage effect. His flail combo has a very long animation and Adan commits to it fully if you are just out of range. It also has low tracking. Use this to your advantage and wait just out of reach for him to whiff the combo finisher before punishing.
He is very easily stunned by heavy weapons, if he is stunned, follow up with 1 or 2 attacks.
Magic and Ranged Users
Adan poses no significant challenge for Magic and Ranged users as they can remain at a distance and avoid most of his attacks. During his Flame of the Fell God casting animation, Magic and Ranged have a huge advantage as they can pummel him with spells from afar. Do watch out for his dodge rolls, however. He uses these to close the distance and often follows up with an overhead smash. He will also end his flail combo early to dodge roll if necessary.
Adan, Thief of Fire Attacks & Counters
|Flame of the Fell God||Adan raises his left hand, summoning an orb of fire that then travels slowly towards a destination before exploding and setting fire to the ground. Has a large radius and deals massive damage on a direct hit.||The attack has a very clear telegraph and long cast animation. Easily avoided by keeping your distance.|
|Catch Flame||Adan releases a burst of flame directly in front of him. This is usually used when in melee range.||The attack comes out very quickly but is telegraphed by a red circular rune. Dodge backwards or to the side when you see the rune form.|
|Healing Flask (x1)||Adan drinks from his flask and recovers a portion of his health.||
Charge attacks can interrupt it preventing him from healing.
|Overhead Swing||Adan swings his flail downwards, smashing directly in front of him. Often used following a dodge roll.||Dodge sideways.|
|Wild Strikes||Adan swings his flail wildly from side to side 7 times and then finishes off with a spinning strike.||Easily exploited. Adan does not stop once he begins this animation if you remain just out of reach. Keep your distance and consider using Impaling Thrust, or other heavy attacks, when his combo finishes.|
Adan, Thief of Fire Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- According to the spell he drops, he apparently stole the knowledge of the Flame of the Fell God incantation from Chief Guardian Arghanthy in the Mountaintops. This explains how he is able to use it in combat. The Monks chased him to the land of Liurnia, which explains their presence in the area.
Adan, Thief of Fire Image Gallery