Ancestor Spirit is a Great Enemy Boss in Elden Ring. This animated carcass of a deer-like creature is encountered in the Hallowhorn Grounds found in Siofra River. This is an optional boss, as players don't need to defeat it in order to advance in Elden Ring.
See also Regal Ancestor Spirit.
Elden Ring Ancestor Spirit Boss
- This is an optional boss
- Closest Site of Grace: Siofra River Bank
- Multiplayer is allowed for this boss
- You can summon Spirit Ashes for this boss
Elden Ring Ancestor Spirit Location
Ancestor Spirit is found in an isolated arena accessible from Siofra River. To access it, you must light all eight obelisks by the stairs to the Hallowhorn Grounds east of the Siofra River Bank Site of Grace. When you've done so, the deer carcass at the back of the temple will glow and you can interact with it to teleport just outside the boss's arena. Walk through the fog gate to fight the boss.
The pillars are:
- By the Siofra River Bank site of grace. [Map Link]
- In a corner to the west of the first pillar. [Map Link]
- On a small island in the watery area with the lightning wisps. [Map Link]
- By a cliff in the eastern part of Siofra River. [Map Link]
- Just south of the Worshipper's Woods Site of Grace. [Map Link]
- West of the Worshipper's Woods Site of Grace. [Map Link]
- On the east side of the path to the Below the Well Site of Grace. [Map Link]
- On the west side on the path to the Below the Well Site of Grace. [Map Link]
Ancestor Spirit Combat information
- Health: 4,393 HP
- Defense: 107
- Stance: 120
- Parryable: No
- Is vulnerable to a critical hit after being stance broken
- Damage: Standard, Magic
- Drops 13,000, Ancestral Follower Ashes
Negations (or Absorptions)
The negation numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example, if a negation is 60, 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% will be negated. Bigger number = less damage. A negation of 100 means no damage goes through, and a negation of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers are the buildup amount to trigger it. For example, if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of the given buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs. The values after the "/"s indicate the increased resistances after each successive proc.
NG+ and Beyond (click to reveal)
|Poison||1140 / 1597||588 / 1045||596 / 1053||605 / 1062||614 / 1071||623 / 1080||632 / 1089||640 / 1097|
|Scarlet Rot||1140 / 1597||588 / 1045||596 / 1053||605 / 1062||614 / 1071||623 / 1080||632 / 1089||640 / 1097|
|Hemorrhage||1140 / 1597||588 / 1045||596 / 1053||605 / 1062||614 / 1071||623 / 1080||632 / 1089||640 / 1097|
|Frostbite||1140 / 1597||588 / 1045||596 / 1053||605 / 1062||614 / 1071||623 / 1080||632 / 1089||640 / 1097|
Elden Ring Ancestor Spirit Boss Guide
Ancestor Spirit Boss Video Guide
Ancestor Spirit Fight Strategy
The Best Tips for Ancestor Spirit:
- Use spirit ashes that attack quickly, like Latenna the Albinauric or Demi-Human Spirit Ashes
- Use Rock Sling to get around its Magic resistance
- Bring a shield with 100% Physical defense, but only use it as a last resort if you can't avoid getting hit
- Wait to heal or buff until it uses Airborne Spirit Vapor
Legging It: Don't lock onto the Ancestor Spirit. Instead, aim for its legs and try to stay underneath it or towards its back legs. Attack its back legs to try to bait out Kick or its front legs to try to bait out Hoof Stomp, then punish those attacks. Stay patient, and avoid getting in unnecessary hits; there are plenty of changes to do damage safely.
Magic and Ranged Strategy
Keep a moderate distance from the boss and you should have plenty of opportunities to get off shots. Roll back whenever it starts a combo with Antler Swing, then back up while you shoot it. You'll have plenty of time for hits during Spirit Vapor attacks and in the recovery for moves like Prancing Drop.
|Antler Swing||Swings its antlers along the ground in one direction or another||Roll through the swings|
|Kick||Briefly rears up on its hind legs, then puts its front legs down again and kicks behind it||Start walking left or right when you see it rear up and this will miss you|
|Antler Launch||Plunges its antlers into the ground, then lifts them abruptly upwards||Roll forward as it hunches down, then get in some hits as it recovers|
|Hoof Slam||Rises up on its hind legs and slams down its hooves, creating a shockwave||Roll forward as it begins to descend, then get in a few hits during its long recovery|
|Prancing Drop||Leaps into the air and bounces twice in midair, hovers in the air for a second, then drops to the ground creating a shockwave||After the second midair bounce, count to three then roll to either side to dodge the attack; or just run forward to end up behind the boss|
|Airborne Spirit Vapor||Jumps into the air and runs in a semicircle around you, breathing damaging vapor that lingers on the ground||Keep your distance and avoid going in the vapor|
|Grounded Spirit Vapor||Walks forward and breathes damaging vapor that lingers on the ground counterclockwise in front of it||This attack moves slowly, so just run away and avoid going in the vapor|
Ancestor Spirit Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- Once the boss is defeated, you can leave by interacting with a white light in the middle of its arena. This light can be hard to spot due to the size of the arena, but won't miss it if you start with your back to the boss door and move forward
Ancestor Spirit Image Gallery