Ancestor Spirit is a Boss in Elden Ring. This Elden Ring Ancestor Spirit Guide features boss locations, tips, strategies and videos on how to defeat the Ancestor Spirit easily, as well as boss stats and lore for the Ancestor Spirit.
Ancestor Spirit is a large animated carcass of a deer-like creature encountered in the Hallowhorn Grounds found in Siofra River. Another boss similar to this one can be found later on in the game in the Hallowhorn Grounds located in Nokron, Eternal City. Its horns glow with a pale blue light and many of its attacks have a magical cyan glow.
This is an optional boss, as players don't need to defeat it in order to advance in Elden Ring. There are a few moves to watch out for when fighting this boss, most notably the one where it jumps up three times in the air and slams back down. Players should note that the drop back down is is a bit delayed after the third jump, and that it usually follows this move up with a frontal stomp afterwards. It is recommended to stay close to it's hind legs to avoid most of it's attacks, though do be careful of the back kick it performs if you are directly behind it. The Ancestor Spirit drops the Ancestral Follower Ashes when defeated.
Elden Ring Ancestor Spirit Boss
- This is an Optional boss
- Great Enemy
- Closest Site of Grace: Siofra River Bank.
- You can summon phantoms (Other players) for this boss
- You can summon Spirit ashes for this boss
Elden Ring Ancestor Spirit Location
Ancestor Spirit is found in an isolated arena in Siofra River. To gain access to it, you have to light up all eight obelisks by the stairs of Hallowhorn Grounds. When you've done so, the deer carcass at the back of the temple starts glowing and you can interact with it to teleport to the boss' area.
You won't be thrown into battle as soon as you teleport however, and will have to walk through a mist door to fight the boss.
You can exit the area by interacting with a white light in the middle of the arena you fought the boss in. Can be hard to spot due to the size of the arena, but wont miss it if you start with your back to the boss door and proceed forward.
- First Pillar is by the site of grace Siofra River Bank. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Second Pillar is in a corner west from the first pillar. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Third Pillar is in a small island in the watery area with the lightning whisps. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Fourth Pillar is by a cliff on the eastern area of the map. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Fifth Pillar is just south from Worshipper's Woods site of grace. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Sixth Pillar is west from Worshipper's Woods site of grace. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Seventh Pillar is to the right on the path toward "Below the Well" site of grace. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Eight Pillar is on the left on the path toward "Below the Well" site of grace. [Elden Ring Map Link]
Ancestor Spirit Combat Information
- Health: 4,393 HP
- New Game Health: NG (??), NG+ (??), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+4 (??), NG+5 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+7 (??)
- Defenses do not change between phases - a firebomb will do the same damage in phase 1 as in phase 2.
- Deals Standard Damage.
- Parriable: No
- Poise can be broken, allowing for a critical hit. Poise: 120.
Negations (or Absorptions)
The absorption numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example, if an absorption is 60, 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% is absorbed. Bigger number = less damage. An absorption of 100 means no damage goes through, and a resistance of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers are the buildup amount to trigger it. For example, if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of whatever aux buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs.
Elden Ring Ancestor Spirit Boss Guide
Ancestor Spirit Boss Video Guide
Ancestor Spirit Fight Strategy
The Best Tips for Ancestor Spirit:
- The boss has two flying attacks (observed), one sprays a damaging magical spray and the second is a dive attack, you can tell the difference as the dive attack comes straight at you, and does not have blue smoke coming from his mouth, running or rolling away from the dive attack is possible, run or roll away from the boss as soon as it leaps into the air and continue running or rolling away until it lands. The boss will narrowly miss you. another way to avoid the dive attack is to run towards the boss and dive into it and the boss will miss.
- Be sure to bring a moderate amount of heals as this boss deals a fair amount of physical damage
Strategy Writeup for Melee Users
General Melee: Don't lock onto this boss. Aim for the legs. Try to bait out certain attacks (Bucking, Frontal Stomp) to get a few guaranteed hits in. Generally, attacking hind legs will make it buck, and attacking front legs will make it stomp. Avoid healing/buffing (unless necessary) until it does its Ethereal Flame attacks. Dodging this boss is quite easy once you learn how to dodge each of its attacks. The boss can be annoying at times, so be patient and don't try to land some risky/unsafe hits.
Samurai: Spawn in an Ash to act as a distraction (preferably a tanky one or one with multiple targets like Wandering Nobles Ashes, Putrid Corpse Ashes, or Mad Pumpkin Head Ashes). If you have Ash of War: Bloody Slash equipped to an Uchigatana that has a refinement of +6 or more this boss will be easily done in. Spam Bloody Slash whenever you're within striking distance and be sure to roll through any attacks this thing throws at you. Doing this properly will have the beast at your feet within 7-9 attacks.
Magic and Ranged Users
Strategy Writeup for Magic Users
Astrologer: Spawn in the any Ash Summon(preferably a ranged summon Spirit Jellyfish Ashes, Lhutel the Headless Ashes, or Page Ashes) as soon as it tries to Prance Drop on you. Allow it to target the Summoned Ash for it's Antler Sweep and use Glintstone Pebble (Rock Sling and/or Stone of Gurranq are also incredibly useful and can stagger the boss, Stone of Gurranq being able to be rapid cast). It will either fly into the air or back up a short distance, both spewing the Ethereal Flame. When it flies just move out the way of the flame. If it backs up, the flame will be closer to it, giving you some distance for your spells. Rinse and repeat until you either run out of Cerulean Tears Flasks, It dies, or you die.
Ancestor Spirit Attacks & Counters
|Prancing Drop||It will jump into the air three times before dropping onto its target.||After the Spirit's third Prance, on the count of three roll either to the left or to the right to dodge the attack. Heading toward the attack and diving into it will also dodge and put you behind the boss.|
|Antler Sweep||It will sweep its antlers at its target 2 to 3 times before pausing.||Dodge roll through the sweeps and get in a few attacks.|
|Spirit Vapor Spew||While walking, it will begin spewing spirit vapor that damage its targets if they stand in it. It may also do this while running on air.||Try to create some distance, it will always spew its flames starting from its feet.|
|Frontal Stomp||Raises itself upright on its hind legs, before stomping their feet on the ground.||Dodge roll through the stomp. You can manage to get a few hits in since the recovery animation for this attack is slow.|
|Bucking||Lifts its hind legs into the air while kicking at the back.||You can walk in one direction and completely avoid this attack. The boss will most likely perform this move when you hang around its back for quite a while.|
Ancestor Spirit Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- Other Notes and Trivia Go Here
Ancestor Spirit Image Gallery