Ash of War: Carian Greatsword is an Ash of War and Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Ash of War: Carian Greatsword provides Magic affinity and the Carian Greatsword Skill. Ashes of War can be equipped on Weapons and Shields to modify the Skill or an equipment, or to apply affinities that modify scaling values.
This Ash of War grants an armament the Magic affinity and the following skill:
"Carian Greatsword: Carian royal prestige embodied in a skill. Transform blade into a magical greatsword and swing it down. Can be charged to increase its power."
Usable on swords (colossal weapons excepted).
Ash of War: Carian Greatsword Location in Elden Ring
Where to find Ash of War: Carian Greatsword:
- Sold by Sorcerer Rogier at Stormveil Castle or the Roundtable Hold for 2,500 .
- Can be purchased from Twin Maiden Husks at the Roundtable Hold after giving them Rogier's Bell Bearing.
Ash of War: Carian Greatsword Elden Ring Guide
- Grants the skill Carian Greatsword Skill.
- Can be used with the following affinity Upgrades: Standard, Heavy, Keen, Quality, Magic, Cold.
- Can be applied to the following weapon categories, so long as the weapon allows skill replacement: Daggers, Straight Swords, Greatswords, Curved Swords, Curved Greatswords, Katanas, Twinblades, Thrusting Swords, Heavy Thrusting Swords.
Elden Ring Ash of War: Carian Greatsword Notes & Tips
- Outperforms Carian Grandeur in terms of damage if Carian Grandeur is only charged once, but charges more slowly, making it harder to use.
- Damage of Carian Greatsword scales with Int, upgrade level, and infusion affinity, not with weapon's AR or Int scaling value.