Ash of War: Mighty Shot
|Effect||Grants affinities and skills to an armament.|
Ash of War: Mighty Shot is an Ash of War and Upgrade Material in Elden Ring. Ash of War: Mighty Shot provides Standard affinity and the Mighty Shot Skill. Ashes of War can be equipped on Weapons and Shields to modify the Skill or an equipment, or to apply affinities that modify scaling values.
This Ash of War grants no affinity to an armament, but imparts the following skill:
"Mighty Shot: Archery skill performed from an oblique stance. Ready the bow, then pull the bowstring to its limit to enhance the power of the shot, penetrating the enemy's guard."
Usable on light bows and longbows.
Ash of War: Mighty Shot Location in Elden Ring
Where to find Ash of War: Mighty Shot:
- Dropped by a Teardrop Scarab on a road in the east of the Weeping Peninsula. This is the main road you take from Limgrave. [Elden Ring Map Link.] Video Link
Ash of War: Mighty Shot Elden Ring Guide
- Grants the skill Mighty Shot.
- Provides the Standard affinity, which respects the weapon's original scaling and damage.
- Can be used with the following affinity Upgrades: Standard
- Can be applied to the following weapon categories, so long as the weapon allows skill replacement: Light Bows, Bows
Elden Ring Ash of War: Mighty Shot Notes & Tips
- Notes and player tips go here.
Builds with Ash of War: Mighty Shot
Join the page discussion Register to EDIT the Wiki!
I've done some quick testing with this as it seemed to have some interesting properties in addition to doing more damage :
- The damage seems to be +77~79% of a normal shot.
- It makes your status arrows apply their effects quicker (Tested on giant Landsquirt in Lurnia's ravine : 7 Mighty vs 11 Normal to apply poison).
- It seems to multiply the poise damage by a large amount ( Tested on giant Landsquirt in Lurnia's ravine : 5 Mighty vs 13 Normal to stun with Stormhawk Arrows).
Serpent Bow's arcane scaling with all status arrows could also mean it might be able to deal a great amount of status afflictions in just one shot, but I haven't tested it yet.
1 of the best Skills for Shortbows & Longbows. ( Pros : It buffs up the Damage of the Arrows impact , Travels rather pretty fast than regular arrow shot , Straightens the Arrows trajectory atleast 50% of the Arrows travel route and this also depends on the Bows Range used so Longbows are best , this Skill Mighty Shot has 2 functions actually a Regular Mighty Shot with normal draw and fully charged draw which deals even extra damage when fully charged as this wasn't mentioned in the Skill feature text.... Cons : It is prefered to Fully Charge the mighty shot as for the Full damage extent however the Casting time in which you fully charge it is rather slow and risky , Does not Track enemies unfortunately which is a let down however the Speed of the Arrow is increased than regular shots ). Ok so as for this Skill , its definitely a must to have for the great damage out-put it offers with just only a 6fp cost... Otherwise the Best Skill before this awsome Skill is definitely Enchanted Shot for the increased Speed and a Tracking Arrow which also deals abit of bonus damage too. ( Mighty Shot 9/10 overall.... Enchanted Shot is 10/10 , Barrage is 8/10 , Rain of Arrows 9/10 ). Note here i figured the Mighty Shot with the Horn Bow+24 deals more damage than Glintstone Pebbles which are more Costly being 7fp while Mighty Shot only costs 6fp so it's an FP efficient Skill while also still a Great Option to have a Bow even as a Mage with many Ranged Spells. ( I recommend getting a Bow regardless of being a Mage/Caster or not , as Bows offer free ranged damage while also great Status Effect & Elemental options to deal with Enemies. ( At the sametime , as a Mage you also have a Greatbow essential Spell which is Loretta's Greatbow or Mastery a must-have Spell as a Mage lol ).
Pretty good for damage boost and supposedly increases damage from arrows for their respective affinities.
Is this usable on crossbows as well?
Ive looked. this ash of war is not where it should be on my game