Astel, Stars of Darkness
|Location||Yelough Anix Tunnel in Consecrated Snowfield|
Yelough Anix Tunnel in Consecrated Snowfield:
120,000 Runes (NG)
Astel, Stars of Darkness is a Boss in Elden Ring. This Elden Ring Astel, Stars of Darkness Guide features boss locations, tips, strategies and videos on how to defeat Astel easily, as well as boss stats and lore for Astel.
Astel, Stars of Darkness is a giant insectoid creature found in Yelough Anix Tunnel in the Consecrated Snowfield. This Astel is not to be confused with Astel, Naturalborn of the Void, a Legend-type boss found in the Lake of Rot. Astel shares some possible connection with the Fallingstar Beasts being outer beings born from the void.
This is an optional boss, as players don't need to defeat it in order to advance in Elden Ring. However, doing so yields useful Items and Runes. Make sure you are decently levelled before facing this boss or it's grab attacks will one-shot you. The arena you fight it in is much smaller than that of the Astel in the Lake of Rot, so be wary when trying to avoid its attacks. Astel, Stars of Darkness drops the Meteorite of Astel when defeated.
Elden Ring Astel, Stars of Darkness Boss
- This boss is optional
- This version of Astel Naturalborn of the Void is not considered a Legend, as it does not drop a Remembrance.
- Closest Site of Grace: Yelough Anix Tunnel
- Multiplayer is allowed for this boss
- You can summon Spirit Ashes for this boss
Elden Ring Astel, Stars of Darkness Location
Astel, Stars of Darkness Combat Information
- Health: NG (18,617), NG+ (18,896), NG++ (20,786), NG+3 (21,731), NG+4 (22,676), NG+5 (24,565), NG+6 (25,510), NG+7 (26,455)
- Defenses do not change between phases.
- Deals Standard Damage and Magic Damage.
- Gravity type enemy
- Parriable: No
- Weak spot: Head, which receives extra damage.
- Can be poise broken, which allows for a critical attack.
The absorption numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example if an absorption is 60. 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% is absorbed. Bigger number= less damage. An absorption of 100 means no damage goes through, and a resistance of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers is the buildup amount to trigger it. For example if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of whatever aux buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs.
Elden Ring Astel, Stars of Darkness Boss Guide
Astel, Stars of Darkness Boss Video Guide
Astel, Stars of Darkness Fight Strategy
The Best Tips for Astel, Stars of Darkness:
- Ranged Ashes like Latenna and Ancestral Follower will almost always aim for the head, dealing extra damage from afar.
Tanky Ashes like Tiche, Rollo, and Crystalian can provide distraction.
- Rock Sling can easily stun the boss. Comet Azur can work if it is uninterrupted.
- Move the middle of the arena when it teleports away, to prevent being grabbed by the clones.
Stay out of the exploding clouds, and attack the head with Jump Attacks when there is an opening. Avoid attacking too frequently, as Astel can quickly chain together attacks. It is recommended to stay close to the head, as the bite attacks can be easily dodged. But one must be wary of the Gravity Wave attacks he does when one is under him for too long
Magic and Ranged Users
Don't underestimate the tail attack, as it has a very long range and it may one-shot you if you don't dodge. Astel has limited ranged options, opting to use a long ranged attack or its tail to hit you from afar. Keep an out for when it teleports, if you don't spot it anywhere, it may have teleported above you, getting ready for an extremely powerful grab attack.
Astel, Stars of Darkness Attacks & Counters
Most of its attacks are identical to the Remembrance version. See the Astel, Naturalborn of the Void page for more information.
|Happens at around 50% health, where it will perform the Teleport Grab, but will instead summon many identical copies from the sides of the arena to catch the player.||Aim the camera upwards
to see if Astel has teleported
above you. If it has summoned
its clones, stand still in the middle of the arena to avoid it.
Astel, Stars of Darkness Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- The description of the Remembrance of the Naturalborn implies a connection between Astel and the Fallingstar Beast
Astel, Stars of Darkness Image Gallery