Blackguard Big Boggart
|Voiced by||Dean Fagan|
Never met someone with a taste for prawns I couldn't trust.
Blackguard Location in Elden Ring
Later, he moves to Leyndell in the northern section of the moat near the Capital rampart. [Elden Ring Map Link] (Be cautious about fighting the giant crab in this area as it can breath deathblight on him.)
- This merchant can be fought.
- If defeated, drops: Blackguard's Iron Mask, Iron Ball, Blackguard's Bell Bearing, 1,000 runes.
Blackguard Big Boggart's Shop
Blackguard Big Boggart Questline: Points of Failure
If you go to the Volcano Manor without speaking to Rya at Liurnia of the Lakes, you will lose access to Blackguard Big Boggart and his questline for the rest of that playthrough. This will also render you unable to purchase Boiled Prawn and Boiled Crab.
Blackguard Big Boggart Questline: How to complete Blackguard Big Boggart's Quest
- Boggart is introduced as the thief who stole a necklace from Rya. He is not remorseful, but offers to sell the necklace back. He warns the player that Rya isn't right in the head.
- The player can choose to buy the necklace back from Boggart for 1,000 runes, or just kill him. You must at least initiate the quest from Rya before reaching Volcano Manor, when she moves there. If you don't, you will be unable to progress Boggart's questline.
- If they bought the necklace back, the player can buy Boiled Prawns from him, after which he remarks that he's never met someone with a taste for prawns that he couldn't trust. This befriends him and progresses his questline.
- If the player bought prawns from Boggart, he moves to Leyndell, in the outer moat near the capital rampart. He will be cooking and selling Boiled Crabs.
- At the Leyndell moat, he warns the player about his time in prison with the Dung Eater, where Boggart saw him do "unspeakable acts" to corpses. Boggart warns the player to stay clear of Dung Eater.
- If the Dung Eater's questline is at the point where he will be "waiting in the outer moat", and the blackguard is present in Leyndell, exhaust Big Boggart's dialogue here until he says he thinks the Dung Eater is lurking somewhere nearby.
- Killing Boggart after this dialogue but before reloading will prevent any further dialogue, but a body will still be seated near the crab pot; however, the body will not have a Seedbed Curse.
- Then reload the area, and interact with the now-wounded blackguard to trigger the invasion.
- A Seedbed Curse will be found on Big Boggart's body at the end of his questline, along with his drops. If you have been invaded by the Dung Eater in the moat before Boggart moves there, you will be unable to get a Seedbed Curse from his body.
- Alternatively, you can save Boggart by aggroing him at the Leyndell moat before freeing the Dung Eater in his cell. Once you have defeated the Dung Eater during his invasion and you have fed Dung Eater's corporeal body Seluvis's Potion and/or killed him in his cell (in which you can do both to obtain the Dung Eater Puppet and the Omen Set simultaneously), head to the Church of Vows to absolve your sin and make Boggart friendly again. You will miss out the Seedbed Curse and Boggart's item drops, but Boggart will be alive and he continues to sell prawns to you as usual.
Dialogue in Elden Ring: Blackguard
- What are you lookin' at? You trying to start something, mate?
- Oh piss off, what is it now? Oh, I see. You want some of me prawn? Freshly cooked it is. Alright then. It's yours, if you can meet me price. I could be persuaded to sell you some other bits too, if you've got the runes.
- Marika's tits, you must be 'ungry.
- Alright, mate. Want some more prawn, do ya?
Visit in Leyndell
- What are you lookin' at? Oh... you again, is it. Perfect bloody timing, actually. I got crab, cooked up fresh.
- Alright, mate. Want some more crab, do ya?
- (Give me the necklace) Oh, that necklace what you're after, is it? Hmm, well... Show me what it's worth to you, and I'll consider parting ways with it. I'm not in love with it or nothing.
- (Leave, then talk) What the hell is wrong with you. You trying to start something? Piss off. Before I crack you in 'alf.
- (Deal) You're a shrewd one, chief. First, you hand me the runes. And don't try nothin', neither.
- (Refuse) Think you're bloody clever, do ya? Then how about you piss off? fore I crack you in 'alf.
- (Refuse, then talk) This bloody swine... Decided to play ball now, 'ave you? You'll be wanting the necklace, then?
- (About Rya) Oh, so you met the girl, did ya? Alright, well, sod the particulars of the matter, but it ain't my fault she's stupid enough to get duped, is it. Anyway, she ain't all right, that one. Lucky she ain't died on the bloody roadside, I reckon.
- You're Tarnished too, ain'tcha? Can you see it then? The guidance of grace, I mean. I can't see it at all no more. Makes no bloody sense anyway, why some no-name shithead like me should get called to the Lands Between. Cruel bloody joke, you ask me. Maybe something went tits up with it. Maybe... it's been broke for a good long time. The Erdtree, I'm sayin'.
Small Talk in Leyndell
- You 'eard of the Dung Eater? E's a madman, 'as it out for everyone. Curses 'em. Goes 'round in this rank armour, an' all. You see 'im though, stay well away. I was in the same gaol as him, once, so I know first 'and. E's a god-forsaken monster. Not just some petty thug like me.
- (About the Dung Eater) E's a killer. Kills people and curses their souls... Does all sorts of **** to their corpses, to keep 'em cursed, forever. I ain't seen nothin' more disgustin' in all my years. I ain't never been more scared, neither. Rooted to the bloody spot... While 'e did all that, to my friend...
- (About the Dung Eater, after releasing him) Never thought I would. What 'e does to those bodies. It was... It was 'im, no question. That monster. He's lurkin' round 'ere.
- Heh... serves me right. Fitting bloody end, for a jumped up little **** with big ideas...
- Help me out, would ya, mate... I don't wanna get cursed. Just let me die... I don't wanna live like this... not anymore... So, please...
- (Warning) What's your blinkin' problem! You don't mess with Big Boggart, mate.
- (Combat) That ***** put you up to this, eh. Damn it! I'll rip you to shreds!
- (On player kill) You feel that, eh? That's the fists of Big Boggart.
- (On death) Goddamn it. Why ain't it me, why ain't it ever...
- (After buying prawns) Never met someone with a taste for prawns I couldn't trust. We'd make good mates, I reckon. I'll be seeing ya.
- (After buying Rya's Necklace) Hmm... Alright. Take it. Thing's no damn use to anyone, anyway. Your bloody idea, mate. Don't come crying to me later.
Blackguard Big Boggart Notes & Trivia
- Although he is primarily referred to as just 'Blackguard', he refers to his own name while in combat when saying, "You don't mess with Big Boggart, mate". Additionally, his mask states "Worn by the blackguard Big Boggart". His weapon is also described as "Big Boggart the blackguard's weapon of choice". In the credits, he is listed as 'Thug'.
- After buying prawn from him, he gives the 'Spread Out' gesture.
- During combat, he uses his Iron Ball fist weapons, the Braggart's Roar skill, and consumes Boiled Prawns.