An aberrant sorcery discovered by exiled criminals.
Theirs are the sorceries most reviled by the academy.
Wounds the caster with thorns of punishment, sending a trail of bloodthorns running over the ground to impale enemies from below.
This sorcery can be cast repeatedly.
The guilty, their eyes gouged by thorns, lived in eternal darkness. There, they discovered the blood star.
Where to find Briars of Punishment
Where to find Briars of Punishment:
- Can be found at the leftmost dead tree next to three Thorn Sorcerers just before the long stone bridge with the Golem Archer at the end in the Mountaintops of the Giants region. [Map Link]
Elden Ring Briars of Punishment Guide
- Aberrant Sorcery
- Stamina Cost: 22
- Deals (Sorcery Scaling x 2.12) magic damage.
- Inflicts Hemorrhage buildup (72) on hit.
- Long range. Has slight tracking.
- Costs 50 HP to cast. This cost is reduced by the Arcane stat, if the staff has Arcane scaling (tested with Albinauric Staff)
- Note: In Patch 1.07, FP cost was reduced to 9 from 13, and the spell is also faster to cast while also now inflicting more bleed buildup: from 60 to 72.
Briars of Punishment Builds
Elden Ring Briars of Punishment Notes and Tips
- Updated to patch 1.07. See Patch Notes for details.
- Other notes and player tips go here.