An aberrant sorcery discovered by exiled criminals.
Theirs are the sorceries most reviled by the academy.
Wounds the caster with thorns of sin, creating a spiral of bloodthorns.
This sorcery can be cast repeatedly, up to three times.
Briars of Sin Location in Elden Ring
Where to find Briars of Sin:
- Liurnia of the Lakes: Dropped by a Thorn Sorcerer directly north-west from the Artist's Shack grace. Cross the natural stone bridge, there will be by a group of Burning Slugs close to the sorcerer. [Map Link
]. If you see only 2 slugs and no sorcerer, just head west to the other side of the large rocks. The sorcerer is located just south of the encampment.
Elden Ring Briars of Sin Guide
- Aberrant Sorcery
- Stamina Cost: 26
- Low Cost Sorcery (6 Focus Points per cast)
- Uses only 1 Memory Slot
- Requires Faith (24)
- Deals Magic Damage
- Uses a portion of the caster's HP to cast.
- Builds up the Hemorrhage effect (95) on hit. This buildup is affected by the Arcane stat, if the staff has Arcane scaling (tested with Albinauric Staff)
- Moderate cast speed
- Can be chain-casted as long as player has enough Health and FP
- Thorns are created in a medium AoE around the player
- Note: As of Patch 1.07, FP cost was reduced from 9 to 6, and the spell is also faster to cast while also now inflicting more bleed buildup: from 90 to 95.
Elden Ring Briars of Sin Note and Tips
- Updated to patch 1.07. See Patch Notes for details.
- Other notes and player tips go here.