Builds for Elden Ring focuses on various combinations that are created by a player which consists of a specified Stats, Weapons, Armor, and many more which can help the player achieve their goal through battle and exploration. Each Elden Ring Best Build listed is unique and has a different approach to a user's playstyle that can be used in both PvE and PvP situations. Listed below are the various Builds that we recommend for players to try and use.
Elden Ring Builds can be changed via a Rebirth mechanic that allows you to Respec your character. You can unlock this function by defeating Rennala Queen of the Full Moon. Once defeated, you'll be able to trade Larval Tears for a Respec. Please visit the Rebirth Page for more information on how to respec your character if you'd like to try out further Builds that may be different from your own. Some Builds in Elden Ring will require very specific requirements, though most Builds are playable effectively by any Class.
Builds are a fundamental piece of Elden Ring's replay value. If you want to try your hand at crafting a build of your own, consider checking out the following pages:
Elden Ring Best Builds by Stat
To make an OP build in Elden Ring, players usually invest stat points into a "main" stat that is the focus of the build based on the selected weapon scaling. In addition, players usually invest into Vigor, Endurance and Mind to cover basic HP, stamina and focus points management. Weapon and Magic scaling is an integral part of any build, so make sure to understand Upgrades and Status Effects as well as Damage Types (poison builds, bleed builds, fire builds, etc).
The Elden Ring Builds on this page cover different playstyles focusing on Status Effects and damage output , and can be categorized based on their main stat:
Elden Ring Builds for Progression
The Best Builds will evolve with the player in Elden Ring. Your Classes choice is important for the beginning of the game, but you can adapt and evolve as you allocate your stats and develop your build. For this reason, we have created groupings of builds to help you on each stage of the game.
Beginner builds focus on easy to access items for the starting areas and simplicity in execution. These builds are a starting point and can evolve into any of our later builds that match the main stats, or you can opt to use Rebirth and change your build entirely: Archer, Barbarian, Berserker, Blood Blade, Dragon Priest, Mage, Paladin, Samurai, Spellblade
Midgame builds are aimed at level 50+, exploring around Liurnia of the Lakes, and experimenting more with hybrids and specialty weapons: Blackflame Apostle, Blood Dragon, Champion, Colossal Knight, Enchanted Knight, Magic Archer, Magus, Moonveil Samurai, Sorcerer, Sword Sage, Templar
Lategame builds are for players 100+ who are around or past Leyndell and have access to a great variety of min-max equipment, and need versatility to destroy any boss: Battlemage, Blackflame Spellblade, Blasphemous Beastmaster, Blazing Bushido, Blood Dancer, Cold-Blooded Raptor, Colossus Guardian, Crystal Mage, Darkmoon Spellblade, Deathblade, Dragon Knight, Frenzied Acolyte, Frost Knight, Golden Eye, Hellfire Herald, Lightning Lancer, Moonveil Shinobi, Scorching Slayer, Thundering Swordspear
Endgame and NG+ builds are optimized and min-max ready builds to ensure your success on any encounter: Blackflame Bushido, Black Knife Assassin, Blasphemous Herald, Carian Spellknight, Crusader, Dark Knight, Death Knight, Dragon Warrior, Elementalist, Eochaid Executioner, Freezing Battlemage, Golden Champion, Gravity God, Lightning Dragoon, Royal Knight, Sanguine Samurai, Sorcery Sentinel, Venomous Bloodblade
Elden Ring Builds: Best Builds for all Playstyles
Elden Ring Beginner Builds Ranked
- Paladin: A tanky melee Build that can Block attacks with a Shield while buffing and healing allies.
- Mage: A pure caster Build that can range enemies down in any scenario.
- Samurai: Focus on melee with Katana while ranging enemies down with your Bow. Great mounted combat as well.
- Bloodblade: A dual-wielding Dex Build that uses Bleed to shred enemies
- Spellblade: A ranged/melee hybrid Build that uses magic and melee to destroy enemies
- Berserker: A dual-wielding Greatsword Build that does insane damage per swings, allowing you to one shot most enemies
- Barbarian: A Colossus Weapon focused Build that uses Charge Attacks to run over enemies
- Dragon Priest: Powerful Faith Caster with Draconic Spells that dominates bosses.
- Archer: A pure ranged Build that can wield a Bow effectively at any range
Elden Ring Midgame Builds Ranked
- Sword Sage: A Build highlighting the use of the Sword of Night and Flame, while also making use of Death Sorceries.
- Moonveil Samurai: An Int/Dex hybrid Samurai that can use Magic and uses the Moonveil Katana to devastating results.
- Blood Dragon: An Arcane focused Build that dual wields two blades, making use of the Hemorrhage status effect and Dragon Incantations.
- Templar: A tanky Faith melee build that is sword and board focused, making liberal use of Block Counters to boost damage and stagger enemies.
- Sorcerer: A purely ranged spellcaster that flings spells with deadly precision while staying out of melee combat.
- Magus: A hybrid melee spellcaster that uses Glintblade Phalanx to its fullest while dealing Critical Damage on the regular.
- Black Flame Apostle: A hybrid spellcaster that buffs its weapon with Black Flame Blade, while chucking fire balls at its enemies.
- Champion: A dual wielding greatsword build that focuses on the use of Jump Attacks to shell out tons of damage in seconds.
- Colossal Knight: A Strength build that uses Colossal Weapons to get the maximum damage per swing, often killing enemies and Bosses before they've even attacked.
- Enchanted Knight: A melee build that uses Carian Sword Sorceries in one hand while using a Shield in the other.
- Magic Archer: A hybrid ranged melee build with a heavy focus on wielding a Bow and picking off enemies at range
Elden Ring Late Game Builds Ranked
- Moonveil Shinobi: A dual katana build using Moonveil to stagger and annihilate enemies with ease.
- Scorching Slayer: A Twinblade Build that uses Fire to stagger and decimate enemies while they are helpless.
- Dragon Knight: An Arcane/Faith Build that focuses on the use of Dragon Spells to burn enemies to a crisp.
- Frenzied Acolyte: An Arcane/Faith Build that focuses on Frenzy Spells to melt enemeis and drive them mad.
- Frost Knight: A melee Build that focuses on the use of Frostbite to take down enemies in an instant.
- Blasphemous Beastmaster: A Strength/Faith Build that uses Bestial Incantations at range and the Blasphemous Blade in melee combat
- Deathblade: An Intelligence/Faith Build that uses the Sword of Night and Flame to dispatch enemies at range or in melee combat
- Cold-Blooded Raptor: A Strength/Intelligence Build that uses Claws to shred enemies and set Hemorrage and Frostbite.
- Crystal Mage: An Intelligence based Build that uses a mix of Glinstone and Crystal Sorceries to range down enemies with predjudice.
- Hellfire Herald: A dual wielding greatsword build that destroy enemies rapidly while with staining punishment
- Blood Dancer: A Bleed Build that focuses on the use of Twinblades and Dragon magic to erase enemies in seconds.
- Colossus Guardian: A Strength Build that pounds enemies to dust with a single Colossus Hammer.
- Darkmoon Spellblade: A melee mage build that uses the Dark Moon Greatsword to stagger enemies at range and get repeated Critical Attacks.
- Blazing Bushido: A Samurai Build that uses the Nagakiba and a Greatbow to take on enemies at range or in close combat.
- Lightning Lancer: A tanky build that uses a Greatshield and Spear to dispatch enemies while buffing itself and throwing Lightning around like Zeus
- Blackflame Spellblade: A Dex/Faith Build that focuses on the use of Black Flame Incantations and Bleeding.
- Battlemage: A melee focused mage that can deal incredible damage up close, while also ranging down enemies from afar, all while using Armor and a Shield.
- Golden Eye: A purely ranged Bow Build that focuses on dealing Holy Damage and Bleed, while casting some Incantations.
- Thundering Swordspear: A melee focused build that uses Lighting to strike enemies at range, and to boost damage in melee.
Elden Ring Endgame Builds Ranked
- Gravity God: A Quality Build (Strength/Dexterity) Build that uses the Fallingstar Beast Jaw to deadly effect
- Blasphemous Herald: A melee build that uses Jump Attacks and the Blasphemous Blade to demolish enemies point blank and at range.
- Sanguine Samurai: A Dexterity/Arcane Build that uses the Rivers of Blood Katana to bleed enemies to death
- Moonlight Crusader: An Intelligence-based warrior that uses the Dark Moon Greatsword and Spells.
- Carian Spellknight: An Intelligence Build that uses Carian Grandeur to slice enemies to bits.
- Metor Mage: An Intelligence Mage Build that uses Gravity Spells effectively.
- Nebula Knight: A Dexterity/Intelligence tank Build that uses a Shield and Wing of Astel to blow enemies away.
- Dragon Warrior: An Arcane melee Build that uses dual curved swords to rapidly build up Attack Power and then unleash devastating Dragon Spells.
- Death Knight: An Intelligence Build that uses the Sword of Night and Flame, and Carian Knight's Shield to destroy enemies in melee and at range.
- Dark Knight: An Intelligence Build that can range down enemies with Night Sorceries or punish them in melee combat with dual Greatswords.
- Elementalist: An Intelligence/Faith Build that can cast any spell in the game effectively, and relies only on Magic.
- Magic Dragonknight: An Arcane Build that uses Dragon Spells to their fullest, melting Bosses and enemies in mere seconds.
- Blackflame Bushido: A Faith/Dexterity Samurai build that uses Black Flame spells and Phantom Slash to burn enemies to a crisp.
- Golden Champion: A Dexterity based tanky warrior that can Block Counter, Parry and Dual Wield all in one setup.
- Royal Knight: A Strength/Intelligence Build that uses two Magic-base Weapons and a Greatshield to freeze enemies in melee and at range.
- Lightning Dragoon: A Quality Build (Strength/Dexterity) that uses Block Counters and Lightning to electrify enemies from any distance.
- Serpent Samurai: A Samurai Build that uses Poison and Dexterity to drain enemies of HP over time and via repeated strikes.
- Sorcery Sentinel: A Quality Build (Strength/Dexterity) that deals solid melee damage, and can eliminate enemies at range with magic damage.
- Eochaid Executioner: A Strength/Arcane Build that uses the Marais Executioner's Sword or Regalia of Eochaid to deal massive damage via Eochaid's Dancing Blade
- Freezing Battlemage: A melee mage build that uses Carian Slicer and other Carian Sword Sorceries to their fullest!
- Venomous Bloodblade: A Quality Build that uses Bleed and Poison to boost Attack Power extremely high while dual wielding Curved Swords.
- Inquisitor: A Quality build that uses Ghiza's Wheel to devastating effect.
- Howling Starfist: A Dexterity Build that uses Star Fists and Beast's Roar to melee and range enemies down at any distance.
- Flame Dancer: A Strength/Faith Build that uses a Greatshield for Block Counters, Flame Dance to destroy groups of enemies, and Fire Incantations for ranged attacks.
- Crusader: A Faith/melee hybrid Build that utilizes Block Counters as well as Faith-based Incantations to deal high damage while being very tanky.
- Colossal Crusher: A pure Strength Build that uses Troll's Roar to crush enemies into oblivion via Staggers and Critical Strikes.
- Black Knife Assassin: A dual Daggers Build that uses Faith and Dexterity to shred enemies up close via repeated strikes.
- Bloody Bowman: A pure Archer Build that uses Dexterity and Strength and status effect arrows to defeat enemies.
Elden Ring Journey 2 Builds Ranked
- Crimson Duelist: An Arcane Build that bleeds out enemies in seconds.
- Pyromancer: A Faith caster than only uses Fire Magic.
- Soul Samurai: A Dexterity/Intelligence build that uses Spells and the Nagakiba to slash enemies to pieces.
- Sword Saint: A Dexterity/Faith Build that uses the Sacred Relic Sword and optimizes Wave of Gold.
- Godslayer: A Strength/Faith Build that uses the Godslayer's Greatsword to burn enemies to a crisp.
- Slumbering Swordstress: A Sleep focused build that uses Sword of St.Trina.
- Mad King: An Arcane/Faith/Dexterity Build that uses Madness, Hemorrhage and Morgott's Cursed Sword.
- Black Blade: A Strength/Faith Build that uses the Black Blade Incantation and Maliketh's Black Blade to wipe out 20% Boss HP in seconds.
- Starscourge: A General Radahn inspired Build that uses the Starscourge Greatsword and his Armor Set.
- Golden Sword Sage: A pure Holy Damage Build that uses Golden Order Incantations, Faith and Intelligence to face down opponents.
- Waterfowl Warrior: A Samurai Build that uses the Hand of Malenia's Waterfowl Dance to destroy Bosses in seconds.
- Carian Cavalier: A Quality Build that uses a Halberd to destroy enemies in seconds with repeated strikes.
ELDEN RING BUILDS BY STATS
Elden Ring Builds: Newly Added
Elden Ring Builds by the Community