Incantation originating from a sinister prophecy.
Momentarily sparks flame from the caster's hand.
This incantation can be cast without delay after performing another action.
The flame of ruin is anathema to the Erdtree. But prophets sometimes glimpse it within the faith all the same. Sadly when this occurs their sole reward is banishment.
Catch Flame Location in Elden Ring
Catch Flame can be found in the following locations:
Elden Ring Catch Flame Guide
- Fire Monk Incantation
- Stamina Cost: 17
- Deal (Seal Scaling x1,67) fire damage before resistances
- Low-cost Incantation (10 FP per cast).
- Uses only 1 Memory Slot.
- Requires low Faith (8).
- Cast speed is very fast.
- Can serve as an efficient melee alternative for a pure Faith build, or as an effective early game option for any player with enough FP to spend
- Compared with Bestial Sling (the other low-cost faith damage spell), Catch Flame deals much more damage, and deals fire damage (which can be buffed via the Fire Scorpion Charm) but has a far smaller AOE and range, making it slightly unreliable against fast moving enemies.
- Can be chain-cast as long as player has enough FP.
- Very limited range.
- Moves slightly forward when used.
- This spell, along with Flame Sling and Fire's Deadly Sin, doesn't have a sigil when casted, unlike other spells in the game, this may reference why Giant's Seal doesn't boosts the spells.
- When casting Catch Flame at mid air, one can chain the spell with Magma Breath, which changes the casting animation into a swift spray, which can then be chained with another Magma Breath cast.
- Similar to the "Combustion" spell from the Souls series.
Elden Ring Catch Flame Notes & Tips
- When cast immediately before Magma Breath it significantly reduces the cast time of the latter
Builds with Catch Flame