Cleanrot Knights are Bosses in Elden Ring. This Elden Ring Cleanrot Knight Guide features boss locations, tips, strategies and videos on how to defeat the Cleanrot Knights easily, as well as boss stats and lore for the Cleanrot Knights.
Cleanrot Knights are tall warriors clad in golden armor with distinct tufts of decorative crimson fur. They wield a thrusting sword, alongside a spear or a scythe and are found as bosses in multiple locations. The Cleanrot Knights are serve Malenia, Blade of Miquella, and fought with her against General Radahn's army during the Shattering. They remain loyal to her despite knowing that they will eventually succumb to the scarlet rot.
This is an optional boss, as players don't need to defeat it in order to advance in Elden Ring. However, doing so yields useful Items and Runes. Their most significant attacks are greatly telegraphed and have long windups - use this to your advantage to get some hits in and possibly land critical hits. Beware of the range and size of the AOEs of their attacks, especially if you find yourself fighting against them in a small room. They drop the Winged Sword Insignia, Cleanrot Knight's Sword, or Gold Scarab depending on which one was defeated.
Lesser Cleanrot Knight is the normal enemy form of this boss.
The spirit of a particular Cleanrot Knight, Finlay, can be summoned for aid in battle by using the Cleanrot Knight Finlay Ashes.
The Cleanrot Knights vowed to fight alongside Malenia, despite the inevitable, if gradual, putrefaction of their flesh. Their acceptance of their fate made these battles fiercest of all.
Elden Ring Cleanrot Knight Boss
- Cleanrot Knight is an optional boss.
- Cleanrot Knight is a Field Boss.
- Closest Site of Grace: Stillwater Cave, by the entrance.
- Multiplayer is available for this boss.
- Spirit Summons are available for this boss.
- Drops 3300 Runes and the Winged Sword Insignia upon defeat at the Stillwater Cave.
- Drops 7000 Runes and the Gold Scarab upon defeat at the Abandoned Cave.
- Drops 6332 Runes in Elphael Brace of the Haligtree.
Elden Ring Cleanrot Knight Location
- A Cleanrot Knight can be found as the boss of Stillwater Cave in Liurnia of the Lakes. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Two Cleanrot Knights are encountered as a duo boss fight at the end of Abandoned Cave in Caelid. [Elden Ring Map Link]
As regular Enemies
- Cleanrot Knights can be found as regular enemies in The Shaded Castle.
- Cleanrot Knights can be found as regular enemies in the Swamp of Aeonia in Caelid. They emerge from the ground when approached.
- Cleanrot Knights can be found in the Consecrated Snowfield Catacombs.
- Cleanrot Knights can be found as regular enemies within Elphael, Brace of the Haligtree.
Elden Ring Cleanrot Knight Drops
|Cleanrot Knight's Sword||4.00%||N/A|
|Cleanrot Spear||2.00% (?)||If wielding the specified item.|
|Halo Scythe||2.00%||If wielding the specified item.|
|Trina's Lily||2.00%||(extremely rare, but farmable)|
|Miquella's Lily||3.00%||(extremely rare, but farmable)|
Cleanrot Knight Combat Information
- Health: NG (??), NG+ (??), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+4 (??), NG+5 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+7 (??)
- Defenses do not change between phases - a firebomb will do the same damage in phase 1 as in phase 2.
- The one in the Stillwater Cave will gain an attack boost if it lands many attacks, similar to the Winged Sword Insignia it drops.
- Deals Standard Damage, Pierce Damage and Holy Damage. Can inflict Scarlet Rot with its grab attack.
- Parriable: Yes. Can be riposted afterwards
- Can be poise broken, which allows for a critical attack.
The absorption numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example if an absorption is 60. 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% is absorbed. Bigger number= less damage. An absorption of 100 means no damage goes through, and a resistance of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers is the buildup amount to trigger it. For example if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of whatever aux buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs.
Elden Ring Cleanrot Knight Boss Guide
Cleanrot Knight Boss Video Guide
[video coming soon]
Cleanrot Knight Fight Strategy
The Best Tips for Cleanrot Knight:
- Use any summons to distract them and keep them off you.
- Beware when they raise their spear and it glows - they are about to impale you.
- Constant attacks will cause them to shove you and leave you open to attacks.
- Fish for backstabs. Their long windups and attack animations leave them vulnerable to backstabs.
- Take out the Cleanrot Knight that wields a Sickle first before taking on the one that wields a Sword and Spear at the Abandoned Cave.
The most dangerous move in the Cleanrot Knight's repertoire is their Impale attack. They can use this attack from quite a good distance and it happens very quickly, dealing massive amounts of damage and inflicting Scarlet Rot. However, being a spear thrust move, the attack has a very narrow hitbox and can be avoided by dodging sideways. Melee players should beware of attacking the knight too constantly as they can shove you, kicking you out of your combo and rendering you vulnerable to attacks. This is signified by the knight crossing its weapons to block your attacks. After a few hits, the knight's spear will glow gold and they will shove you to interrupt your attacks.
Try to rotate around them, and bait their attacks and then backstab. Many of the attacks have long animations allowing you to get behind and backstab if you are close by.
If you encounter the Cleanrot Knights at the Abandoned Cave, there will be two of them. The first one is similar to the one at Stillwater Cave, wielding a spear and a sword, the other one wields a sickle. The one with the sickle is the one focused on doing the ranged attacks, so it is recommended that you take out the long ranged Knight first, you can use a spirit summon to make the fight easier and to distract either one of them.
Magic and Ranged Users
Magic and Ranged users should not underestimate the knight's range. Their spear attacks are very good gap closers and they can quickly pummel you to death with their sword. The impale move is especially dangerous for lighter-armored players. If it connects, it will take out a very large chunk of your health. Consider using spirit summons and take potshots at the knight while they are distracted.
If you encounter the Cleanrot Knights at the Abandoned Cave, it is recommended that you take out the one with the sickle first, spirit ashes are always helpful in a duo boss situation.
Cleanrot Knight Attacks & Counters
|Rushdown||The Cleanrot Knight raises its spear as it is covered in a golden sheen. It will then make a mad dash toward you. If the attack connects, it raises you in the air and stabs you, inflicting heavy Scarlet Rot buildup.||Dodge to the side as soon as you see the yellow glow.|
|Shoving Counter||The Knight crosses its sword and spear, blocking attacks. Shortly after, it will shove its weapon forward, flashing a golden glow, leaving you open to follow-ups.||Refrain from long, repeated combos when his guard is up.|
|Sacred Phalanx||Spear Variant:
The Knight drags its spear along the ground, sending out a row of golden spears in front of it.
|You will see a yellow glowing light indicating where the golden spears will appear, try to move away from it to avoid getting hit.|
|Sword Thrusts||Performs multiple quick sword thrusts.||You can try to circle around or dodge roll away when it starts performing the combo.|
|Miquella's Ring of Light||Scythe Variant:
While at a distance, the Knight will use its scythe to fire off holy rings that home in on enemies.
|Dodge forward or to the sides.|
|Repeating Thrust||Uses the spear for the first thrust, then both the sword and spear for the second thrust.||You can block the first thrust, then dodge roll through the second one, you may be able to land a backstab afterwards, or just land a few hits to be safe.|
Cleanrot Knight Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- They first appeared in a trailer back in E3 2019, seen stabbing Radahn with their spears.
- Alternatively known as Noble Rot Knight in other languages.
- Spear Variants are more aggressive than their Scythe wielding counterparts, often being the ones charging their opponents.
Elden Ring Cleanrot Knight Gallery