Container required for crafting cracked pot items
Cracked Pot is a Key Item, Crafting Material, and optional Keepsake in Elden Ring. Cracked Pot is a container required for crafting throwing pots, consumables which can be thrown to apply damage or debuffs to enemies. See also Ritual Pot and Perfume Bottle.
This empty pot somehow mends itself when broken.
Essential vessel for crafting cracked pot items.
The materials and magics sealed within deploy their effects when the pot is thrown.
Where to find Cracked Pot in Elden Ring
In the world
- 2 by Secluded Cell site of grace in Stormveil Castle, in the room with Living Jars, southwest of the site of grace. [Map Link]
- 1 by Debate Parlor site of grace in Raya Lucaria Academy. Immediately upon exiting the parlor, go up the stairs to the west, and it's on a corpse near some Living Jars. [Map Link]
- 1 on a corpse in Groveside Cave, just past the entrance.
- 1 by Royal Moongazing Grounds site of grace in Caria Manor. From the site of grace, go back into the manor and drop off a series of platforms to the south-southwest. Guarded by Living Jars. [Map Link]
- 1 by Avenue Balcony site of grace in Leyndell, Royal Capital: To the northwest, on a corpse one level below the site of grace and through a couple doors. Alternatively, head north from the Lower Capital Church site of grace, climb down the small ladder, take a right and go straight to find the pot on a corpse next to the door. Guarded by a Leyndell Knight. [Map Link]
- 4 in Auriza Side Tomb. (Only two can be found here if you chose the Cracked Pot Keepsake.) [Map Link]
- 3 in Jarburg. The first is on a corpse in front of the blocked door of a hut north of where you drop down into the village. The second is in a hut northeast of the first pot. The last is found on a large headstone in the south, along the main road in the village. [Map Link]
- 1 by Minor Erdtree (Caelid): At the end of a tree branch extending from the cliffs to the northwest of the tree. [Map Link] [Video location]
- Merchant Kalé: 300 Runes (3 available).
- Nomadic Merchant North Limgrave: 600 Runes (1 available).
- Nomadic Merchant Castle Morne Rampart: 600 Runes (1 available).
- Nomadic Merchant Caelid South: 1,500 Runes (1 available, unless you chose the Cracked Pot Keepsake).
Cracked Pot Use
Cracked Pots can be used to store crafted throwing pots, which apply damage or debuffs to enemies. After a throwing pot is used, an empty cracked pot is returned to the player's inventory, allowing for another throwing pot to be created after leaving combat.
Cracked Pots can hold the following throwing pots:
- Holy Water Pot and Roped Holy Water Pot, learned from Missionary's Cookbook .
- Fire Pot and Roped Fire Pot.
- Volcano Pot and Roped Volcano Pot, learned from Nomadic Warrior's Cookbook .
- Lightning Pot and Roped Lightning Pot, learned from Ancient Dragon Apostle's Cookbook .
- Poison Pot and Roped Poison Pot, learned from Nomadic Warrior's Cookbook .
- Fetid Pot and Roped Fetid Pot, learned from Nomadic Warrior's Cookbook .
- Magic Pot and Roped Magic Pot, learned from Glintstone Craftsman's Cookbook .
- Rancor Pot, learned from Nomadic Warrior's Cookbook .
- Swarm Pot and Roped Fly Pot, learned from Nomadic Warrior's Cookbook (24).
- Oil Pot and Roped Oil Pot, learned from Nomadic Warrior's Cookbook .
- Sleep Pot, learned from Fevor's Cookbook .
Cracked Pot Notes & Tips
- You can select Cracked Pot as a Keepsake during Character Creation.
- You can obtain up to 20 Cracked Pots.
- Cracked Pots already obtained cannot be re-obtained in New Game Plus.
- If throwing pots are put into storage at a site of grace, their cracked pots will be available for crafting new items. If you have throwing pots in storage, your cracked pots will automatically refill when you die or rest at a site of grace.
- You can wear the Jar helmet to increase damage of throwing pots by 15%, and the Companion Jar talisman for a further 20% increase in damage. However, this has no effect on debuffs inflicted by throwing pots.
- Choosing the Cracked Pot as your Keepsake will remove two pots from Auriza Side Tomb and one from Nomadic Merchant Caelid South.