Crucible Knight Ordovis is a Field Boss in Elden Ring. Crucible Knight Ordovis is a quite heavy and large knight that wields a greatsword and a shield, while also having the ability to materialize wings and fly. Crucible Knight Ordovis is found in Auriza Hero's Grave. This is an optional Boss as players do not need to defeat it in order to advance to the Legacy Dungeon.
Ordovis, one of the two honored as foremost among the Crucible Knights.
Elden Ring Crucible Knight Ordovis Location
Elden Ring Crucible Knight Ordovis Boss
- This is an optional boss
- Closest Site of Grace: Auriza Hero's Grave
- Multiplayer is allowed for this boss
- You can summon Spirit Ashes for this boss
- This fight features two Crucible Knights, one with Ordovis's Greatsword (labeled "Crucible Knight Ordovis") and one with Siluria's Tree (labeled "Crucible Knight")
- Both Crucible Knights must be defeated to win this fight
Crucible Knight Ordovis Combat information
- Health: 5,460 HP each
- Defense: 111
- Stance: 80
- Parryable: Yes
- Is vulnerable to a critical hit after being stance broken or parried
- Unaffected by Bewitching Branch
- Damage: Standard, Pierce, Holy
- Drops 28,000, Ordovis's Greatsword, Crucible Axe Helm, Crucible Axe Armor, Crucible Gauntlets, Crucible Greaves
- See Crucible Knight for a full boss guide
Negations (or Absorptions)
The negation numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example, if a negation is 60, 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% will be negated. Bigger number = less damage. A negation of 100 means no damage goes through, and a negation of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers are the buildup amount to trigger it. For example, if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of the given buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs. The values after the "/"s indicate the increased resistances after each successive proc.
NG+ and Beyond (click to reveal)
|Poison||543 / 833 / 1290||585 / 875 / 1332||593 / 883 / 1340||602 / 892 / 1349||611 / 901 / 1358||620 / 910 / 1367||628 / 918 / 1375||637 / 927 / 1384|
|Scarlet Rot||543 / 833 / 1290||585 / 875 / 1332||593 / 883 / 1340||602 / 892 / 1349||611 / 901 / 1358||620 / 910 / 1367||628 / 918 / 1375||637 / 927 / 1384|
|Frostbite||543 / 833 / 1290||585 / 875 / 1332||593 / 883 / 1340||602 / 892 / 1349||611 / 901 / 1358||620 / 910 / 1367||628 / 918 / 1375||637 / 927 / 1384|
|Sleep||543 / 833 / 1290||585 / 875 / 1332||593 / 883 / 1340||602 / 892 / 1349||611 / 901 / 1358||620 / 910 / 1367||628 / 918 / 1375||637 / 927 / 1384|
Elden Ring Crucible Knight Ordovis Boss Guide
Crucible Knight Ordovis Fight Strategy
Spearfishing: Focus on killing the Crucible Knight with the spear first, since it has the best reach and is best at covering distance and disrupting your attacks on the other one. Try to draw it away from Ordovis, and keep pillars between you and Ordovis when you're attacking the spear knight. Don't get greedy: if you get in more than a hit or two at a time, Ordovis will catch up to you and make you regret it.
Parry Master: Parrying is particularly effective in this fight, since the invulnerability frames during the parry itself and the critical hit afterwards will both help keep you from getting overwhelmed by the double-team. It's still a good idea to try to separate them, but parrying will help you get more damage in more quickly once you've got one on its own.
Magic and Ranged Users
Dodge & Snipe: Magic and ranged users will often have an easier time with this fight, because the Crucible Knights are relatively slow. The main moves to watch out for are Flying Dive and Great Tail Spin from Ordovis; and Flying Dash from the Knight with the Spear. Learn to dodge these and get in damage when you can, especially with spells that do Lightning or Fire damage, and you'll be golden.
Crucible Knight Ordovis Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- Like his counterpart Siluria, Ordovis appears to have been named after an ancient Celtic tribe: the Ordovices, who lived in present-day Wales, and shared a border with the Silures.
- The ruins of an ancient Thracian fortress named Urdovisa (also Urdoviza) lie near the present-day town of Kiten in Bulgaria.
- May also be named after the Ordovician Period, a prehistoric epoch of life on Earth, much like the Crucible.
Crucible Knight Ordovis Image Gallery