Cuckoo Glintstone is a Consumable Item in Elden Ring. Most Consumables grant various effects such as restorative properties for recovering HP, removing specific adverse status effects or applying temporary buffs and debuffs. In contrast, the user can throw others at enemies to deal damage.
Lump of broken glintstone enwreathed with magic power. A "faux sorcery" used by the Knights of the Cuckoo. Craftable item.
Launched straight ahead, using FP. A magic bolt springs forth from the point of impact.
Where to find Cuckoo Glintstone in Elden Ring
- Purified Ruins: against a wall. [Map Link]
- Academy Crystal Cave: In the room where you fight all the Sages, on the right side. [Map Link]
- Converted Tower: Enter the tower, and find it lying on a table to the right.
- Liurnia of the Lakes: 10 x found in a chest inside a large enemy outpost west of The Four Belfries. [Map Link]
- Liurnia of the Lakes: Can be found on a desk inside the Converted Tower. [Map Link]
- Mt. Gelmir: Found on the soldier's body shot to death by the surrounding Marionette Soldiers. [Map Link]
- Academy Crystal Cave: Inside the Academy Crystal Cave. On the room full of Sages, turn to the right. It is against the wall. [Map Link]
- Ordina, Liturgical Town on a Broken snow-covered rooftop, just north of the Ordina, Liturgical Town grace. Accessible by horse, Jumping from building to building. [Map Link]
- They can be farmed from Marionette Soldiers, Avionette Soldiers, and Raya Lucaria Soldiers.
Cuckoo Glintstone use in Elden Ring
You can throw cuckoo Glintstone like a firebomb. It will only do one damage on hit, but three homing bolts will appear at the impact site.
Elden Ring Cuckoo Glintstone Crafting Guide
To craft Cuckoo Glintstone, you need the Glintstone Craftsman's Cookbook  as well as the following Crafting Materials:
- Crystal Bud x1
- Cracked Crystal x1
Elden Ring Cuckoo Glintstone Notes & Tips
- You can hold up to 10 Cuckoo Glintstones.
- You can store up to 600 Cuckoo Glintstones.
- The produced bolts will only home in on enemies if the player is locked on.
- When hitting an enemy directly, the bolts will appear behind them and hit them in the back. You can use this item to damage enemies' past shields.
- Sell Value: 50 Runes
- Notes and tips go here.
This actually has a really good range. The bolts themselves move a long distance and when you combine that with the fact that they spawn from the point of impact, the range of this consumable becomes an extremely useful tool for aggroing and pick off a specific enemy from a group without alerting the rest of them. The bolts can deal respectable damage in PvP and force the opponent to roll.
I feel like this item is pretty useless - not because it doesn't do good damage but because as a mage you're normally throwing stuff when you run out of FP. If you have FP to spare, just cast spells
You can use this make people panic dodge, but without high INT don't expect high damage.
Works like a thrown pot (same arc), but on impacting a surface or enemy, spawns 3 small magic projectiles that hover briefly before launching at your target. You must be target locked on throw to make the pursuing effect work, otherwise they shoot forwards. Requires high intellect to get the most out of these, otherwise it's wasteful fp usage.
There are better means of getting ranged damage in as non-magic users, but admittedly not as many spells that pursue. Rancor pots have decent pursuing, don't cost FP and don't rely so much on stats to scale it up, but fall off later game (like a lot of consumables do), but are much harder to craft in abundance early on. Glintstone Phalanx weapon art is also a good Ash of War for similar usage, and scales well on your weapon level considering the low FP cost.
Man these wiki pages dont seem like the most logical way to explain what (in this instance) the item does.
First line states its a consumable (no ****?) second line states that consumables grant various effects (i could have never known this without the wiki right?)
I feel like first line should say its a consumable and that it... (insert explanation of what this specific consumable actually does)
Then further down it explains what the use is, for this consumable. However the use states you can throw it like a firebomb sept it does 1 damage?
Then in the comments i see you guys saying it actually does good damage...
Can someone update the post to expand on what this consumable actually does?
I still literally have no idea how it works. I just know that you throw it, and it potentially does 1 damage, or more, and that some kinda homing spell will home in on the target? does that spell actually do damage, or anything? or is it just a visual flare so you can see where the enemy is? like im just speculating here. Is there even a spell after you throw the firebomb at them and it doest the at least 1 damage?
Feel this is slept on in PVP, I never see them used but it has a lot of uses and is buffed by your flask/magic scorpion. My favorite way to use it is to throw it at the target when they have iframes on wake-up from riposte/guard break/launch, it’ll follow for a long distance with amazing tracking and punish them if they try to heal, they’re like fan daggers you deploy in advance. They can also hit targets waiting for you behind a wall, and if you throw them directly at someone aggressive you with a shield they will hit them in the back if they keep advancing.
thy NTR stone
Has excellent damage, especially if your Int is high. Can be used as an improvised spell, to hit enemies behind cover or combed with regular sorceries for a barrage.