Dark Moon Greatsword is a Greatsword in Elden Ring. The Dark Moon Greatsword scales primarily with Intelligence, Dexterity and Strength and is a staple weapon, in one way or another, in all From Software games.
A Moon Greatsword, bestowed by a Carian queen upon her
spouse to honor long-standing tradition.
One of the legendary armaments.
Ranni's sigil is a full moon, cold and leaden, and this sword is but a beam of its light.
Where to Find Dark Moon Greatsword in Elden Ring
The Dark Moon Greatsword weapon can be found at the following location:
- Found below the Cathedral of Manus Celes after giving Ranni the Dark Moon Ring. [Elden Ring Map here]
- You obtain the Ring by progressing Ranni's Quest, which is complex and requires you to do quite a lot of content.
- Video Location
Elden Ring Dark Moon Greatsword Notes & Tips
- Weapon Skill: Moonlight Greatsword
- This weapon cannot be infused with Ashes of War
- Can't be enchanted with Magic or boosted by Consumables.
- Dark Moon Greatsword can be upgraded by using Somber Smithing Stones
- Causes Frost buildup: (55)
- This weapon has a unique R2, which fires a projectile when buffed by its skill.
- The buffed R2's Projectile is affected by Godfrey Icon, Warrior Jar Shard and Shard of Alexander talismans. It is NOT affected by the Axe Talisman.
- Powerstances well with Helphen's Steeple, as both weapons share similar stat requirements and scaling
- Sell Value: 1000
- The Dark Moon Greatsword is part of the moonlight sword archetype of weapons appearing in other FromSoftware games. It debuted in the King's Field series as the Moonlight Sword, and has since appeared in Armored Core series as Moonlight laser blade, Demon Souls as the Large Sword of Moonlight, in the Dark Souls trilogy as the Moonlight Greatsword, and in Bloodborne as the Holy Moonlight Sword.
Moveset & Videos in Elden Ring for Dark Moon Greatsword
Dark Moon Greatsword Upgrades in Elden Ring
Please see the Upgrades page to understand the weapon bolstering process.
Requires regular reinforcement with Somber Smithing Stones
|Attack Power||Stat Scaling||Passive Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Dark Moon Greatsword||Phy||Mag||Fir||Lit||Hol||Sta||Str||Dex||Int||Fai||Arc||Any||Phy||Mag||Fir||Lit||Hol||Bst||Rst|