Beast Clergyman seeks and devours these.
Deathroot is a Key Item in Elden Ring. Gurranq Beast Clergyman seeks and devours these. Key Items in Elden Ring include a wide variety of items found in specific locations or given by a related NPC, which are used to unlock areas, quests, and to further progress the game's story.
A source that gives rise to Those Who Live in Death.
The beast clergyman, found at Bestial Sanctum in the distant east, collects and devours these roots.
On the night of the dire plot the stolen Rune of Death enabled the first Death of a demigod. Later, the Rune of Death spread across the Lands Between through the underground roots of the Greattree, sprouting in the form of Deathroot.
Where to find Deathroot in Elden Ring
- Limgrave, chest behind the Black Knife Assassin in the Deathtouched Catacombs. [Map link]
- Limgrave, kill Tibia Mariner at Summonwater Village. [Map link]
- Liurnia of the Lakes, chest behind the Cemetery Shade in the Black Knife Catacombs. [Map link]
- Liurnia of the Lakes, kill Tibia Mariner at East Liurnia of the Lakes. [Map link]
- Altus Plateau, kill Tibia Mariner at Wyndham Ruins. [Map link]
- Altus Plateau, chest behind the Red Wolf of the Champion at Gelmir Hero's Grave. [Map link]
- Mountaintops of the Giants, kill Tibia Mariner on a ledge between Castle Sol Main Gate and Snow Valley Ruins Overlook. [Map link]
- Mountaintops of the Giants, chest after defeating the Stray Mimic Tear in the secret catacombs underneath the Hidden Path to the Haligtree. See the dungeon page for details on how to reach the boss. [Map link]
- Mountaintops of the Giants, chest after defeating the Ulcerated Tree Spirit boss inside the Giants' Mountaintop Catacombs. [Map link]
Elden Ring Deathroot Use
Can be traded to Gurranq, Beast Clergyman for diverse items.
Elden Ring Deathroot Notes & Tips
- The Tibia Mariner at Summonwater Village is the weakest one, so it is recommended that you fight this one first if you want a Deathroot early on. [Map link]