The spirit of Dung Eater can be summoned for aid in battle by using Dung Eater Puppet Ashes. The Dung Eater is also available as an NPC Summon when facing Mohg, the Omen and Morgott, the Omen King. Progress in his questline and release him to be able to unlock his summon sign. He may also be encountered as an NPC Invader.
I am the Dung Eater! A scourge upon the living!
Dung Eater can be found at Roundtable Hold.
Dung Eater's real body can be found in the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds. From the Underground Roadside Site of Grace, head out the door, turn left, slip past the Omens and fall into the gap in the sewer grate. Head straight to the end of the tunnel, fight past three Giant Miranda Sprouts, climb up the ladder and open the locked door on the opposite wall. You will need the Sewer-Gaol Key to open this door. [Map Link]
If killed in the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds, he will drop the following:
He can also be found around the lake at the northeast of Leyndell Royal Capital an as an NPC Invader after releasing Dung Eater's corporeal body from his cell in the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds and then reading his message at the Roundtable Hold. [Map Link]
Dung Eater Questline: How to complete Dung Eater's Quest
- [!] Please note; During the questline of Ranni the Witch, Giving Ranni the Fingerslayer Blade will cause Preceptor Seluvis to become a lifeless puppet, which effectively locks you out of further interaction in his questline (And possibly prevents you from giving Seluvis's Potion to Dung Eater).
- Can be first met at the roundtable hold. He is in the locked room past the twin maidens. You can only get to this room after you have gained access to the Altus Plateau.
- After showing the Dung Eater at least one Seedbed Curse, he will give you the Sewer-Gaol Key, which can be used to open his cell in the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds, beneath Leyndell, Royal Capital.
- The Dung Eater can be found in his cell in the sewers and released from his prison by talking to him and telling him he's free to go.
- Spawn at the Underground Roadside grace
- Leave this room and take a left
- Now head down the corridor and jump down the open grate
- Run northwest and go past the giant poison plants and climb the ladder
- Be wary of the giant hand in this room, behind it is the Gaol door with Dung Eater inside
- The giant hand will respawn when you kill them before receiving the Sewer-Gaol Key.
- Do not kill Dung Eater here if you want to complete his questline (Dung Eater's summon sign will then appear in-front of the fog wall to assist with Mohg, The Omen. ***Do not kill him in the moat or he will not appear for Mohg any longer.***
- Spawn at the Underground Roadside grace
- Upon returning to Roundtable Hold, the Dung Eater will be missing, having left a message asking you to fight him at the outer moat. [Map Link]
- Upon defeating the Dung Eater at the moat he will return to Roundtable Hold. Talk to him and he will ask you to bring his real body more Seedbed Curses. His body can be found tied up in a chair in the same cell that he was released from before.
- At this point, Dung Eater's summon sign for Mohg will disappear.
- You may interact with him to give Seedbed Curses to him.
- Or alternatively you could give him Seluvis's Potion. This will allow you to get the Dung Eater Puppet summon from Seluvis. But this will end the Dung Eater quest and prevent you from getting the Blessing of Despair ending.
- The exact requirements to give him the potion are somewhat unclear, you obviously have to have the potion in your inventory, but you may also have to give him one or more Seedbed Curses to change his dialogue options. It also seems that Preceptor Seluvis has to be alive and conscious (Delay giving Fingerslayer Blade to Ranni).
- Tip: You can give Dung Eater Seluvis's Potion and still get the Omen Set which is typically only obtainable if have given him 5 Seedbed Curses. Just give him Seluvis's Potion while he's tied in the chair and once he passes out completely wait a moment or two and kill him. The Omen set will drop and he will still be offered as a puppet for purchase from Seluvis. However, should you leave the area or quit and reload, his body would disappear, preventing you from getting his armor set. If you chose this option the Dung Eeater's body will not be found in Seluvis's laboratory.
- If you don't see him as a puppet for purchase at first, buy one puppet and some spells from Seluvis then go out and find another Starlight Shard. When you return to Seluvis he should now offer the Dung Eater Puppet for purchase along with progressing the Seluvis quest line. Actually summoning the first puppet you chose, and then coming back to Seluvis, may also trigger him to start selling other puppets.
- After giving the Dung Eater 5 Seedbed Curses, his quest line will be complete and you will be rewarded the Mending Rune of the Fell Curse.
- Reload the area to find the Omen Set where he gave you the rune.
Dialogue in Elden Ring: Dung Eater
First Interaction while at Roundtable Hold.
- "Have you ever felt the curse?
With your whole being, the pox upon life itself. Feared and despised by all. The Reviled blessing.
You are but a lamb. A stranger to defilement. Ignorant to your own ignorance.
You no longer interest me.
I've been long without peace. Don't spoil my quietude."
- "I asked you not to disturb me. Be thankful of the Hold's serenity.
It is all that keeps your death and defilement at bay."
Speaking to him at Roundtable Hold after collecting the first Seedbed.
- "No. Wait.
You have felt the curse.
I can smell it on you, the pox yet tender.
Apparently my Seedbed is ripe and waiting.
It twas a brief respite I must say.
Go and unshackle my corporeal flesh
Trapped in the sewer-gaol below the capital."
After Recieving the Sewer-Gaol Key
- "I can kill you and defile your corpse.
Then the pox will truly be your own."
Before interacting with him in the Sewer-Gaol
- "Let me out! Let me out of here!
Must eat more! Defile more!
Everything that matters to you!
For generations to come!
I am the Dung Eater!
A scourge upon the living!"
Interacting with him in the Sewer-Gaol
- "Who are you?"
- "Let me out. Let me out of here."
- "I am the Dung Eater.
A scourge upon the living.
I must eat more. Defile more..."
Telling him to leave the Gaol
- "I've been here long enough.
I will kill again. And defile each corpse with care.
Just to be sure. That when they're reborn...
They'll be cursed. Along with their children, and their children's children, for all time to come..."
Message left at the Roundtable Hold
- "I'll defile you next. Come to the outer moat."
After his invasion
- "There you are. You warded off my blessing. Despite the curse stirring within you.
No one has succeeded in that before. How? I thought. Then it hit me.
That you are, in fact, me. And I...am the Dung Eater. It is my flesh that must receive the blessing."
- "Give me your blessing. Defile my flesh with the seedbed curse.
Again and again. Until it is done. Until a cursed ring coalesces, that may one day defile the Order itself.
Countless, I have killed. And countless, I have defiled. And soon the fruits will be borne.
Hundreds will be reborn cursed, and they'll bear thousands of cursed children, who'll bear tens of thousands more.
A few of those will be born just like me, and they'll kill, and defile, and bless in my stead!
The rotten fools. My fate was the grandest, most brilliant of them all!"
- "My corporeal flesh lies in the sewer gaol beneath the Capital.
Give it your blessing. Defile my flesh with the seedbed curse.
Until a cursed ring coalesces, that may one day defile the Order itself."
After collecting Seedbed Curses
- "Uur...urgh... A curse... A curse upon them all.
They'll be born cursed, all of them. Along with their children, and their children's children, heh, for all time to come..."
- (If Seedbed Curse is used) "Uur...urgh... Curse you, Golden Order. One day, you'll get what's coming."
- (If 5 Seedbed Curses are used) "Unleash it upon them! A cursed blessing to all!"
- (If Seluvis's Potion is used) "No... I am... the Dung Eater... I am..."
Elden Ring Dung Eater Notes & Trivia
- In combat, Dung Eater wields the Sword of Milos.
- Roderika will comment on Dung Eater when he arrives at Roundtable Hold. This happens when the player reaches the Altus Plateau for the first time.
- "I can hear it from across the wing, past the roundtable ...The howling and wailing of spirits in fear of the curse. I can ever hear the repulsive, twisted malison itself. You should keep your distance, I know you're strong, but please."
- Dung Eater's face underneath the mask. Taken in the Gaol.