Dung Eater Puppet
|FP Cost 118||HP Cost -|
Summons spirit of the Dung Eater
One of Seluvis's puppets.
Use to summon the spirit of the Dung Eater.
Spirit of a man who murdered thousands and defiled their corpses with the Seedbed Curse.
Wields a spine greatsword and hurls curses.
The Dung Eater despaired at how he met his end.
How hideous and sinister this puppet is, and yet, its utter despair invites one to care for it.
Where to find Dung Eater Puppet
Where to Find Dung Eater Puppet
Elden Ring Dung Eater Puppet Guide
- To obtain the Dung Eater Puppet, start by beginning Ranni the Witch's quest at Ranni's Rise [Map link]
- After speaking to Ranni, speak to the spirit versions of Iji, Blaidd, and Seluvis in her tower and exhaust each of their dialogues, then speak to Ranni again.
- After speaking to Seluvis, he will reveal to you that you can meet him in his tower near by, where he resides in his tower directly south of Ranni's rise.
- Going to his tower and speaking to him until his dialog is exhausted will have him give you a simple quest to find Nepheli and ensure she drinks Seluvis's Potion.
- After you meet Seluvis, go a bit north, to the ruined building that's half way between Renna's Rise and Ranni's Rise. Roll over the flat stone floor in the top-most area, which will break the illusion and allow you to enter Seluvis's lab. Explore the lab and activate the glowing message. To it's left is another illusionary wall, which will reveal an additional secret chamber.
- Now return to Seluvis and talk to him about this chamber you've found. This will allow you to pick a free puppet ash. This will also advance his questline.
- Follow the Dung Eater questline, up until you're able to meet his real body tied to a chair in the sewer-gaol in the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds underneath Leyndell, Royal Capital. This will require progressing the main story to Altus Plateau and obtaining at least one Seedbed Curse, which you must show to him in Roundtable Hold so that he'll give you the key to his cell.
- After you fight him in th eOuter Moat, go find him tied to a chair in the sewer-gaol. Exhaust his dialogue, and the option to administer Seluvis's Potion will appear. Do so to trigger dialogue of the Dung Eater sounding worried. You are now finished with both the Dung Eater part of getting his puppet, the Dung Eater questline (as it can no longer be completed). You can also kill the Dung Eater right after administering the potion (don't leave or reset or his body will vanish) to obtain the Omen Set. If you do this, his body will not be found in Seluvis's laboratory, but you'll still be able to get his Ashes.
- Return to Seluvis's Rise, and comment on the fact Nepheli hasn't appeared in his lab as a puppet. This makes him wonder if he didn't use the right ingredients.
- Then, if the dialog option for getting your own puppet has not yet appeared in Seluvis's options, you may need to buy some of his sorceries, or possibly summon your free puppet, or possibly just leave the area and fast-travel back. It's a bit murky exactly what will trigger him to offer to sell you the Dung Eater Ashes.
- Once he does, you'll need to bring him 5 Starlight Shards to purchase the Ashes.