Edgar is an NPC in Elden Ring. Edgar is Irina's father and introduces himself as the warden of Castle Morne. He can be found sitting on a bench in a non-hostile area of the ramparts of the castle. His NPC Summon Sign can be used to fight against the Leonine Misbegotten once he has received Irina's Letter.
I'm Edgar, warden of this castle as ordained by Lord Godrick himself. But you can see how things have turned out.
Edgar Location in Elden Ring
- To find Edgar:
- Enter Castle Morne and go up the lift
- Go straight, past the Misbegotten on the mound, and turn right at the resting Pumpkin Head.
- Climb the ladder at the end of the path on the right, up to the ramparts.
- Follow the path of the ramparts. On the left, past a narrower section, where two flying Misbegotten are hovering, some boxes hide a ladder. Descend the ladder or simply jump down below to another section of the ramparts where some knights are fighting more Misbegotten.
- Head straight toward the fight, past the gallows, and climb the set of stairs circling up to the next corner of the castle. Edgar will be sitting alone on a bench.
- Edgar may move to the Bridge of Sacrifice, to Irina's location, as part of her questline. Map Link.
- This NPC can be fought
- If defeated, drops:
- Even after completing Edgar's questline, he will invade your world when visiting the Revenger Shack in Liurnia.
Edgar Questline: How to complete Edgar's Quest
Edgar's quest is part of Irina's questline. Speak to Irina near the first site of grace of Weeping Peninsula, and she will ask you to help deliver a letter, "Irina's Letter", to her father in Castle Morne, at the southern tip of the Weeping Peninsula.
- After successfully delivering her letter to Edgar, he will lament that he is not able to go to Irina because of his ongoing duties at Castle Morne - he cannot allow the Grafted Blade Greatsword to be stolen by the Misbegotten (even though it is already in the hands of a Misbegotten and he is just sitting on a bench doing nothing, you cannot even summon him for the boss of the area until you give him Irina's letter.)
- After defeating the Leonine Misbegotten and retrieving the sword, Edgar will thank the player and return to Irina.
- Edgar can then be found next to Irina. Talk to him to progress the questline.
- If the player travels to the Revenger's Shack, Edgar will appear as a hostile invader in the form of Edgar the Revenger. If the player defeats him before killing Leonine Misbegotten, then the player will miss out on Edgar as a summon, and he won't be in his first spot to thank the player and won't appear near Irina's corpse.
Dialogue in Elden Ring: Edgar
- Ah, there's a face I've not seen before. I'm Edgar, warden of this castle as ordained by Lord Godrick himself. But you can see how things have turned out. The menials have all rebelled. They gave me good service, or so I thought, but it seems it was all an act. Foul creatures, as it's said. And true enough they're foul inside and out. I'm sorry to disappoint you, But whatever you've come here to do, I'm afraid Castle Morne won't hold much longer. Take this, by way of apology.
- Ugh! I haven't a clue what's got into you, but as Lord of this castle, I will stand for it no longer!
- Ah, now I see! You had a hand in Irina's undoing! What could she have done to deserve that?
- (On player kill) And now even your ilk have complicated matters.
- Please forgive me, Lord Godrick.
- Forgive me, Irina... I will join you soon enough.
When giving Irina's Letter
- I see, from Irina... Thank you. I'm in your debt. But I can't leave yet. Even if the castle should fall, as commander, I must remain. To ensure the treasured sword of Morne does not fall into the wrong hands.
- If you see Irina, do tell her. That her father will come for her, once he's fulfilled his duty.
Upon Retrieving the Sword
- "I'm in your debt. I'm no longer bound by duty. Once I've rescued Irina, I will spend my remaining days with her. Thanks to you, I will be reunited with Irina. And devote my remaining days to her. Irina has a gentle nature, though. I only hope it remains intact."
On Seeing Irina's Death
- "Irina...How could this be...My daughter deserved better...The fault lies...with me. I chose duty over my daughter's safety. And that is how fate has answered...I'll find them. The foul wretches responsible for this. I'll hunt them down, and exterminate every last one of them. Rest assured, Irina. It will be done."
Elden Ring Edgar Notes & Trivia
- During combat, Edgar uses a Banished Knight's Halberd with the Spinning Strikes Ash of War, and a sacred seal, which he uses to cast Golden Vow.