|[image coming soon]|
Equipment Load is a Stat in Elden Ring. Equip Load determines your mobility based on the weight of the armor, weapons and rings you have equipped, giving you an amount of burden that you may or may not be able to handle.
Equip Load is a CONFIRMED mechanic of the upcoming game, and players can expect the STRENGTH stat to affect it. This is subject to change as the game is still under developmentE
- Elden Ring's Equipment Load does not come into play when MOUNTED - so using the Spirit Steed will bypass any movement restrictions
- Additionally, Stamina is not consumed out of combat, so players should be able to spring indefinitely while exploring.
How Equipment Load Worked in Previous Games
Each weapon, armor, and ring you have equipped, even if it is not currently held in your hands, contributes to your current Equipment Load. The weights are simply added together. Tools, arrows, and bolts do not weigh anything, and do not contribute to Equipment Load.
Your character's current and maximum Equipment Load is shown as a fraction on many screens. A percentage called Weight Ratio is also shown in the top right corner of many of your character screens. This value is obtained by dividing your current Equipment Load (the total weight of your equipped armor, weapons, shields and rings) with your maximal Equipment Load (determined by your Strength). Depending on your current Weight Ratio, your character's mobility changes as follows:
|Weight Ratio %||Effect|
|29.9% or less||Fastest state: very fast rolls that go the farthest, with 13 iframes. Fast backsteps.|
|30.0% – 69.9%||Regular state: medium rolls with 13 iframes. Fast backsteps.|
|70.0% – 99.9%||Slow state ("fat rolling"): slow and short rolls with 12 iframes. Slow backsteps. Stamina regenerates about 20% slower.*|
|100.0% or higher||Overburdened: cannot roll, backstep or run. The walking animation changes.|
You can increase your maximum equip load by:
- Leveling up Strength (subject to change! each point increases your base maximal load by ??).
- Equipping ?? Ring (increases your maximum equipment load by 15%/17%/18%/19%).
- Equipping the ??? (increases your maximum equipment load by 5%/6%//7%/8%).
- Equipping the ??? ring (increases your Strength by ??. Does not work when your Strength is already at 99).
- Notes and tips go here