Erdtree Greatshield is a Greatshield in Elden Ring. The Erdtree Greatshield is a Shield that scales primarily with Strength and Faith. Greatshields weigh a decent amount and provide the best protection in the game. Greatshields provide a greater value of blocking and protecting one's self from enemy and boss attacks, but greatly increases the weight and reduces the player's mobility. This type of shield works best at reducing damage or guarding instead of parrying.
Weighty greatshield forged of gold carried by the order of Tree Sentinels, heavily equipped knights. Blessed by an old incantation of protection.
The living rampart of the Erdtree, the Tree Sentinels are the standard to which all defenders of the Erdtree aspire.
Where to Find Elden Ring Erdtree Greatshield
The Erdtree Greatshield Shield can be found at the following location:
- Can be acquired by Killing Tree Sentinel Duo. [Elden Ring Map here]
- Tree Sentinel Duo is a Foe Boss found in Altus Plateau, guarding the doors to the the Outer Wall Phantom Tree grace. You must defeat both Tree Sentinels to earn this shield.
Elden Ring Erdtree Greatshield Notes & Tips
- Shield Skill: Golden Retaliation
- Skill Description: Ready the shield to unleash its protective incantation. This will dispel sorceries and incantations, retaliating with golden power.
- The active parry window is shorter than the animation that accompanies the ash of war. Try to press L2 so that the spell strikes right after you lift up the shield.
- Due to recovery frames it is difficult to parry multiple spells cast by the same source. During PvP spells such as Glintstone Pebble and others with a similar cast-speed will likely give too little spacing between them to parry multiple spells in a row.
- Ash of War damage scales with weapon upgrade level and not player stats.
- This shield cannot be infused with Ashes of War.
- Sell Value: 500
- Version 1.03 onwards: No longer activates when player is afflicted with damage over time.
Erdtree Greatshield Upgrades in Elden Ring
Please see the Upgrades page to understand the weapon bolstering process.
Requires regular reinforcement with Somber Smithing Stones
|Attack Power||Stat Scaling||Passive Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|