Sorcery of the servants of Death.
Strike the ground with the staff, triggering an explosion of ghostflame that burns the surrounding area.
In the time when there was no Erdtree, death was burned in ghostflame. Deathbirds were the keepers of that fire.
Where to find Explosive Ghostflame
Where to find Explosive Ghostflame:
- Drops from a Death Rite Bird southeast Apostate Derelict in the Consecrated Snowfield. It's a clearing in the frozen river, and you must go there at night. [Map Link]
Elden Ring Explosive Ghostflame Guide
- Death Sorcery
- Can be boosted by Prince of Death's Staff
- Stamina Cost: 45
- Deals magic damage
- Inflicts Frostbite on opponents. Initial explosion deals 130 and flames deal 38 per tick
- When casting, the caster holds their staff in two hands and thrusts it into the ground, generating an explosion and leaving patches of ghostflame on the ground. The initial explosion has good knockback, and the fire may be good for zoning enemy players in PvP, but overall this spell deals weak damage for the FP cost and leaves the caster vulnerable.
- NOTE: This skill was changed with Patch 1.07 as follows:
- The Frostbite buildup of this spell was significantly increased - the initial explosion frost buildup was increased from 50 to 130 and the lingering ghostflame was increased from 28 frost buildup per tick to 38 per tick.
- The attack power of the spell has been increased.
- The stamina damage done to guarding enemies has been increased.
- The range of the residual ghostflame left after the explosion has been increased.
- The damage detection time of the lingering ghostflame has been reduced.
Explosive Ghostflame Builds
Elden Ring Explosive Ghostflame Notes and Tips
- Updated to patch 1.07. See Patch Notes for details.
- Other notes and player tips go here.