Fan Daggers is a Consumable Item in Elden Ring. Most Consumables grant various effects such as restorative properties for recovering HP, removing certain negative Status Effects, or applying temporary buffs and debuffs, while others can be thrown at enemies to deal damage.
A set of five throwing knives bundled together.
A concealed weapon cherished by the raptor assassins.
The thin knives fan out when thrown, dealing damage to the target.
Each knife deals paltry damage, but the wide range makes it suitable for constraining enemies.
Where to find Fan Daggers in Elden Ring
- 20 daggers can be purchased from Patches for 160 Runes each. This can be done in several locations where Patches acts as a merchant:
- Murkwater Cave: Patches sets up shop in here after fighting him as a boss, getting him down to about half health and then sparing him when he begs for mercy. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Liurnia of the Lakes: Patches will eventually move to the Scenic Isle in the southern section of the lakes. When Patches moves to this location, the limit on how many daggers can be purchased is removed. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Volcano Manor: Patches can first be encountered northwest of the First Mt. Gelmir Campsite site of grace, where a cutscene will play out. Upon reaching the manor, Patches can be found in a hallway in the north of the main site of grace where he will once again provide mercantile services. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- If Patches is killed at any point in time before he disappears from his final location at the Shaded Castle, you can collect his Bell Bearing from his corpse which can be handed over to the Twin Maiden Husks at the Roundtable Hold, allowing you to purchase any remaining daggers from Patches' stock.
- Once you have completed Patches' questline, returned to Murkwater Cave, accepted his surrender, and reloaded the area his stock of fan daggers becomes infinite.
- Can be found at Leyndell Royal Capital. At the end of the alley, on a body, beware of the enemy hiding behind the wall. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Castle Sol: 5x found on a corpse at the edge of the roof of a building in the northwest with a ladder. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Altus Plateau: Looted from a corpse in a small encampment in Altus Plateau [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Auriza Hero's Grave: 5x can be found inside the dungeon. In the first chariot hall just before the second chariot ramp, there is a corpse hanging off an opening on the right side from which the items can be looted.
- Mt. Gelmir: 5x can be found on a corpse at Mt. Gelmir near the Minor Erdtree. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- 8x can be found on a corpse near the stairs at the end of the main hall of the Grand Cloister. [Elden Ring Map Link]
Elden Ring Fan Daggers Notes & Tips
- You can hold up to 40 Fan Daggers.
- You can store up to 600 Fan Daggers.
- Sell Value: 20 Runes
ELDEN RING FAN DAGGERS DAMAGE
Damage values tested on an enemy with low defense* to best show the effects of scaling:
- Deals 7×5 damage at 10 Strength and 10 Dexterity.
- Deals 13×5 damage at 20 Strength and 20 Dexterity.
- Deals 26×5 damage at 80 Strength and 20 Dexterity.
- Deals 45×5 damage at 20 Strength and 80 Dexterity.
- Deals 46×5 damage at 40 Strength and 40 Dexterity.
- Deals 54×5 damage at 50 Strength and 50 Dexterity.
Tested on giant land squirts near The Ravine Site of Grace.