Fia, Deathbed Companion
|Voiced by||Chiara Goldsmith|
Fia is an NPC in Elden Ring. Fia is a deathbed companion that you will find inside a small bedroom at the Roundtable Hold. Her embrace will give you a special consumable that can increase poise called the Baldachin's Blessing, at the cost of a debuff that slightly decreases your maximum HP. You can ostensibly come back for more if you happen to run out of this consumable. Fia's Questline Steps are highlighted below.
Greetings, great champion called by grace. I am Fia. Circumstances have compelled my stay at the Roundtable Hold.
Fia Location in Elden Ring
Fia can be found at the Roundtable Hold and later again after defeating Fia's Champions in Deeproot Depths.
- This NPC moves.
- This NPC can be fought and killed, but only in a later stage of her questline.
- If killed, drops:
- If killed, drops:
- Grants Baldachin's Blessing if you allow her to hold you. Decreases your max. HP by 5% for as long as you keep it in your inventory. After consuming it and its effect ending, you will regain your full HP.
- She grants you Baldachin's Blessing infinitely as long as you don't have one currently in your inventory.
Fia Questline: How to complete Fia's Quest
Note: The beginning of Fia’s questline is skipped after gaining access to Crumbling Farum Azula
- After resting at a Site of Grace in Altus Plateau, you can return to Fia and embrace her to gain an additional line of dialogue during which she will hand you a Weathered Dagger. Talking to D, Hunter of the Dead in the Roundtable Hold will allow you to give the knife to him, triggering the next part of the quest.
- Speak with Rogier about his interest in the black knives. Speak to Fia too and she will hand you Knifeprint Clue revealing the location of a Black Knifeprint.
- Reloading the area after this part will trigger an event where you'll find Fia in a newly opened room near the blacksmith, after which she'll disappear.
- Head to the Across the Roots site of grace in Deeproot Depths and enter the boss arena to the north. After fighting Fia's Champions, you may find her sitting in the back of the arena. Upon talking to her, telling her that you want to be hugged will trigger the next step of her quest. She will ask you to bring her the Cursemark of Death, a key item found while going through Ranni's quest. If Fia is not there, and she has already killed D and disappeared from Roundtable Hold, you may need to follow a few extra steps to get her to appear. Go kill the Valiant Gargoyles and rest in the coffin in their boss fight arena (near the site of grace at the far end) to reach Deeproot Depths. Fia may appear after following the Coffin route to Deeproot Depths. Alternatively, the player can get access to the Deeproot Depths by revealing 2 illusory walls just south of the Frenzied Flame Proscription Site of Grace.
- Note that a big chunk of her questline can be skipped, if one so desires (main Quest spoilers ahead!):
Once the player progressed through the main events of the game up to the point of burning the Erdtree, Fia will relocate to the Deeproot Depths even if the player never interacted with her. This way, all of the steps mentioned above are skipped. [Elden Ring Map Link]
- The arena is large. Run up to the way gate in the northeast of the area, which is currently disabled, to trigger the fight.
- You will then be allowed to summon your spirit ash
- Fia's Champions will spawn
- If the player chooses to use this method, they will still find D, Hunter of the Dead's corpse on the ground where he is normally found, but Fia will not stand above it and then vanish since she already left the Roundtable Hold.
- Note that a big chunk of her questline can be skipped, if one so desires (main Quest spoilers ahead!):
- Bringing back the Cursemark of Death will nearly end her quest. After you give it to her, she will give the player a Radiant Baldachin's Blessing. Exhaust her dialog and upon reloading the area, she'll be asleep. Inspecting her will let you enter the Deathbed Dream to fight Lichdragon Fortissax.
- Winning this fight will allow you to pick up the Mending Rune of the Death-Prince from Fia, which will in turn allow you to obtain an alternate ending.
- After acquiring the rune, you can give the Twinned armor set to D's brother (NPC sitting on the floor past the corridor to the southeast of the Valiant Gargoyle boss' grace site "Great Waterfall Basin"). Upon returning to Fia, you will find Fia's Set next to her, and if you reload the area, D's brother will leave behind the Twinned Set you gave him, as well as the Inseparable Sword. Killing D's brother will also get you the armor set and the sword.
- You can prevent this scene by killing D in his first location, getting his armor, and giving it to his brother early. After reloading the area he can be fought.
Dialogue in Elden Ring: Fia
- Greetings, great champion called by grace. I am Fia.
Circumstances have compelled my stay at the Roundtable Hold.
Great champion, would you allow me to hold you, but briefly?
Perhaps you might share with me some of your lifely vigour, and your stout-heartedness.
Doing so will grant me the warmth of a champion. And you, I am sure, will bear a baldachin's blessing.
Do you think it vulgar, perhaps? Where I come from, it is a sacred act.
Letting her hold you
- "Ah, my thanks, great champion. You are...very warm..."
[Player obtains Baldachin's Blessing]
"What you felt light up inside you was a baldachin's blessing. Though it is but a fleeting thing, I am afraid.
Come back to me, should you require another. I will take you in my arms as often as you need".
Talk in secret
- I was known as a Deathbed Companion, where I come from. Afer I received the warmth and lifely vigour from a number o champions,
I lay with the remains of an exalted noble, to grant him another chance at life. To do so is the purpose of my being.
But before I could bear the noble into new life, I was awakened by the guidance of grace, and chased from my birthplace.
Pray, be kind. Despite all that, I still wish to be Deathbed Companion.
So please, let me hold you like this, as often as it takes.
About the Black Knifeprint (Do you know...?)
- My dear... Have you ever heard of black knifeprints? Dear Rogier likes to talk of it when abed.
The ancient plot, in which the first of the Demigods was slain. The black knifes wielded by the assassins who committed the act,
along with the impressions they made, somehow hide the truth of the conspiracy. These grand affairs are hardly my forté...
But dear Rogier began to weep as he spoke...
- In truth I've heard tell from someone else, about the black knifeprints that fascinate dear Rogier so.
(receives: Knifeprint Clue)
But It wouldn't be right to give this to him, stuck as he is in the Roundtable Hold.
Perhaps you could make use of it?
- I heard that you lent a hand to dear Rogier. He seemed positively elated.
He must be possessed of great mental fortitude. It anchors his will, and sustains him, despite his grievous wounds.
You truly are a champion. To dear Rogier, and myself, too.
(receive: Sacrificial Twig x1)
- (May I ask a favor?) My dear? Might I ask something of you? Could you please find the owner of this dagger, and return it to them? [Receive Weathered Dagger] A certain person gave it to me as a gift. It's a very precious thing. It must have a special place in the owner's heart. So I would like for the owner to have it back, if you wouldn't mind.
- (Upon D's death) Finally, it is returned to its rightful place. The stolen hallowbrand, of the exalted noble. And now, I must bid you goodbye as well. Though I ask you deliver this message to the Roundtable Hold. I am Fia, Deathbed Companion. Hark, Roundtable. Disturb not the Death of Godwyn, the exalted. We, who humbly live in Death...Live in waiting, to one day welcome our Lord. What right does anyone have to object? Our Lord will rise. The Lord of the many, and the meek.
At Deeproot Depths after defeating her champions.
- "Ah...there you are.
I knew you would come.
What is it you intend?
To deny us, and our ways?
Like the dogmatic brutes of the Golden Order?"
- (Answering her "That's Right")
"I see. Then you must kill me.
For I am the companion of Godwyn, Prince of Death.
I wished to be a mother to Those Who Live in Death.
So it is, that any loathing, any hatred that overshadows them...
I must bear, as a matter of duty, with my own flesh.
(You can talk to her again to get the chance to change your choice)
"Go on, kill me.
You deny us, do you not?
Because we deign to live in Death, and wish our Lord to rise to glory.
- (Answering "No, I want to be held")
"You are an odd one.
I am the guardian of Those Who Live in Death.
They call me a foul and rotten witch.
Yet you still wish to be held by me?"
Proceeds to hug her.
- Talk in Secret 1
"Have you ever seen a hallowbrand?
When the first of the demigods died, his flesh was marked with the half-wheel wound of the centipede.
Godwyn's hallowbrand has since been recovered at the Roundtable Hold.
But there is another hallowbrand out there somewhere.
And I must find it.
Before the time comes we receive our Lord."
- Talk in Secret 2
"When Godwyn died, a hallowbrand scored his flesh.
But another exists. Another mark in the shape of the half-wheel wound of the centipede.
And I must find it.
Before the time comes we receive our Lord.
My hands will be dirtied once more by the deed.
Will you still let me hold you, even then?"
Gives you the choice to "Give Cursemark of Death".
- Give Cursemark of Death:
"This...is the other hallowbrand.
How did you...
Oh, my utmost thanks.
With this, Godwyn can take his rightful place as First of the Dead.
And claim a second, illustrious life.
You are my-- our true champion.
And though I can't be of any use to you...
Can I hold you tight, if only for a moment?"
Grants Radiant Baldachin's Blessing.
- Talk in Secret 3
"I will soon lay with Godwyn.
And it will surely stir within me.
the new life of the golden prince, and first Dead of the demigods,
as the rune of Those Who Live in Death.
Please, do one thing for me.
Brandish this child, my rune, and take for yourself the throne.
Stay the persecution of Those Who Live in Death.
By becoming our Elden Lord."
- Talk in Secret 4
"I will soon lay with Godwyn.
To conceive my child, the rune.
Brandish my rune, and take for yourself the throne.
Stay the persecution of Those Who Live in Death.
By becoming our Elden Lord."
- Talk in Secret 5 (Being held after reloading, before she sleeps)
"This is goodbye, my dear.
But I am satisfied.
I choose to lie with Godwyn of my own will. Not the remains of one chosen for me.
And I will bear a child.
Who will inherit your warmth, too.
What greater blessing could there be, but to be born a Deathbed Companion?"
- Godwyn... Is that you, dear?
- Will your kind never stop? Ravaging... the weak?
Elden Ring Fia Notes & Trivia
- Fia's name in earlier versions of the game was “Lady Yuliya.”
- You can find Lionel's desiccated corpse on a bed in Leyndell alongside Fia's dress
- Receiving Fia's embrace will result in a debuff that lowers 5% of total vitality but can be removed from using Baldachin's Blessing.
- Allowing Fia to grant her blessing will trigger an animation where she will embrace the Tarnished.
[Fia holding the Tarnished close when offering her blessing.]
- Receiving Fia's embrace while playing online will result in the player's build being uploaded to the Elden Ring server to be used as one of the randomized Fia's Champions.
Some of you just need to fix ur ****ing minds or something, its a fkn game ffs.Taking race, politics and all kind of **** to games, i miss when gaming community wasnt so big tbh, going to games to escape bs irl for ppl to take it here too, please, theres the exit door KARENS.
I can fix her
I think we need to shut these comments sections down lol
And I thought Ranni simping was bad. Add the word “persecuted” and the brain of white people shut offs, creating any kind of excuses for the perceived victim, leave it to them to have them decide soulless undeads get to vote too!
Goldmask ending, that is the only correct choice. MAY ORDER HEAL THE WORLD.
why does the stupid hug animation need to take like 30 seconds i hate this questline solely because i hate how long the hug animations are and how many times i have to do it
Why are we still here
Should I kill her?
Hugging before marriage, sinful....
The concept of the Deathbed Companion is a really interesting take on necromancy to me and Godwyn still has a lot of potential going forward, whether they focus on his past during the shattering, or lean more into the morbidity of the Prince of Death side. I don't know if they will use Godwyn anymore since it's arguably been wrapped up with a unique ending but I would like to see more of him the future. The lore in this game is fantastic honestly.
Didn't know about the "Farum Azula Skip" so I went through all the stupid 5 seconds unskippable "let me hold you" animations; and all for what? A boss that is remotely comparable to good dragon bosses like Kalameet, Sinh or Midir. At least D's brother expressed my anger with his words after he killed her, the only thing worth of the questline.
I think it would be funny if there was a brown spot left on the bed where she was sitting at that we could see after she leaves.
I think once you start Radahn festival by talking to Blaidd in siofra you can get dagger, which makes sense. You can easily do full eternal city and deeproot without even going to Altus plateu. Missing other D etc.
I have rested at no site of grace in the Atlas Plateu and have gotten the dagger off Fia. I have rested in the Subterean Inquisition Chamber which I bellieve is excempt. I'm rested at the grand lift of dectus but that is in Liurnia. I wanted to do Sellens questline completely including having her for a summons for the Red Lion so have jouryned to Azur to collect the commet via the Inquisition chamber, but once again not having rested in Atlus. I had wanted to do all this without starting the festival but it seems by starting Ranis questline I had started the festival early.
idk how i did it but D is alive and appearently killed Fia?. After I killed the dragon in the dream I gave the armor to his brother and then I wanted to get the armor but didnt want to walk back to the grace to reload the area. I returned to the main menu and pressed continue to see there are no items near where his brother was. Thought i had to go and reset by a grace. Gone and did that and still no items. I warped to the Prince of Deaths Throne grace to find D standing up with a bloody sword in his hand giving a monologue.
Make sure to not kill fia if you want to fight the dragon, i really ****ed up i by doing that.
Holy **** the amount of crap I have to get to to fight this boss
so I completed ranni's questline and wanted to do fia's, but now rogier is suddenly dead? Is there any way for me to still do this?
Umm, Fia dies upon reloading the area after killing the dragon even without D's brother killing her. You don't need to give him the armor to get her set, just to get his sword by fighting him where she died.
I got the weathered dagger even before reaching altus plateau
There should be note letting players no this will make gurranq attack them on site. In hind site it was obvious why he attacked me but when I warped to him and saw him immediately lunge at me it was a shock at first and now I can't cash in like all my deathroot
wait, fia is blonde? when
This is a teachable moment, kids. Never hug someone without protection.
Thinking your special till ya see your co-op bois got 5% health missing
Her quest line still accessible even after killing fire giant and setting it ablaze was scared if i had to do the rest on ng+
If you give D's armor set to his brother before completing her questline, does he kill her before you have a chance to complete it?
Bit dumb that her blessing gives you the debuff without a clear notification. 60h into the game I googled and found out about this. 5% is not much, but 50-100hp could make a difference.
Avoid all that tedious hugging nonsense and just go directly to Deeproot Depths when you've got the cursemark and she's gone from RH.
I actually played almost the entire game without realizing that 5% debuff (never used that blessing item).....wtf lmao
Killing her does NOT drop her armour, I repeat. Killing her does NOT drop her armour
She only does dead people, with unfortunately ends... poorly... for any looking for a roll in the hay.
I never went to Altus Plateau. I completed as much of the game as I could and I completed Fia and Ranni's questline without ever going up the back way, or taking lift of Rold, to Altus.
You don't have to rest at Altus Plateau to begin the quest with the dagger, enabling Radahn's Festival seems to be the trigger.
why do her blessings take forever to end!
I'm confused, Is she trying to ressurect godwyn or just trying to make the death rune anew
So, if I understand this correctly, it's possible to get the Twinned Armor set practically as soon as you reach the Hold just by speaking to people in the right order? Because that's a pretty damn good armor to get that early.
So I fought Fia's champions at the Death Prince's Throne before I got the dagger from her. Got the dagger afterwards and gave it to D, but now both Fia and D are missing. Never found D's body at Round Table Hold and Fia's doesnt appear at the Death Prince's Throne. Guess I blew the quest?
Alright, so, minor correction for the quest walkthrough that I've seen people get hung up on: when you talk to her next to Godwyn after defeating her champions, you need to exhaust her dialogue by talking while being held, then reload the area, then get held AGAIN and exhaust her dialogue a second time. From there, just rest and she'll be asleep. Not sure why, but her dialogue tree won't proc fully right after defeating her minions, even if you already have the cursemark.
This comment section is a blast LMAO!
On a related note, I think people who dislikes Fia just felt cucked. There are other games for your.. uhhh.. emotional needs, you know.
I wish I'd get hugged in real life :(
the holy woman, ready to sacrifice herself so that this crazy, sick and immortal world finally finds peace by making everyone just mortal. The tree will remain dead, and the souls will remain in the bodies until the bodies themselves turn into dust. Healing the world through mortal life.
for some reason reloading the area after giving the cursemark isn't triggering her death :(
I've traveled quite a long way to find and bring her what she wanted, and what she did was greet me with an army of her simps. Crazy woman.
The only reason I did this quest was to fight fortisaxx. He is way better than the necrophile.
"I lay with the remains of an exalted noble"
I'm sorry you WHAT now? ?
when i did this quest i did not know that d's brother would kill her and i instantly went monkey mode and backstabbed him as if i was playing ds1 pvp
Accidentally locked myself out of this ending because when she went "well you better just ****in' kill me, then!" I did exactly that
All you speculating is cute keep it up
I like her too....
But I need the drip ASAP.
Whenever I’m having a crap day I look at the comments on this page and the D brothers and realize I my life isn’t so crappy anymore.
I just came for the hugs.
Overrated and Mid. Hyetta is better in every way
If i ever need some drywall punched in i'll hit y'all up.
She refuses to go to sleep. I am going hollow.
If you consider downvotes upvotes and vice versa on this page then this comment section becomes bearable
holy angel martyr
I'm a simple man.
I see prty blond wuman who hug meh. I LIKE.
Can you kill this ***** after you defeat her champions?
Fia this, D that. Why not let CHAOS TAKE THE WORLD SO WE DON'T HAVE TO TALK ABOUT ANY OF THAT MORALITY STUFF.
MAY CHAOS TAKE THE WORLD! MAY CHAOS TAKE THE WORLD! MAY CHAOS TAKE THE WORLD!
I prefer simping for Baemore.
Fia bad, D good
Fia or D
why do the comments on this page get disliked into the ground?
You thought you simped for Fia. Turns out she simps for some undead skeleton bros.
My only regret is not being able to kill her in roundtable hold.
Therefore try fleeing
Just remember she probably caught something after laying with a rotting corpse thats full of maggots and pus
mom is a hero.
Errant Tarnished. Slander not the Deathbed Companion. Lest ye be ratio'd to thine oblivion
When you get the regular Baldachin from her, you get a -5% HP debuff, but after she embraces you for the last time to give you the Radiant Baldachin, i noticed that she gets a damage (4 HP damage), and the blessing doesn't inflict you any HP debuff. In my theory, this shows the first embrace is just her doing her job, like a prostitute where you have to "pay" to get "something", in this case, it's your "lively vigor". Then the second one was when she's doing it on her own will because you made her built some kind of affection towards you for supporting her through her quests. Some of you may already understand, but man, that 4 HP damage she gets after embracing you proves this even further. Such detail.
Honestly probably their best attempt to create an actual character and she still feels like she was added at the last minute when they realized they needed side quests
Why do people like her so much? she kills D and inadvertently Rogier too by filling his head with some heroic nonsense about accepting the undead leading to him researching Godwyn's corpse and getting blighted by it. Ranni may too be manipulative but she at least has good cause for her actions. The dead have no need for sympathy, and sympathy for the undead is only foolish. For to offer salvation to the undead is to conversely curse all things living. oh and also Fia's buff sucks bad.
She suddenly disappeared from the Roundtable hold, I thought she would be a permanent NPC but yea shes gone and I hadnt even started her questline. Anyone know where she could have gone? I killed D Hunter of the Dead waaay at the beginning at like level 10 or something by accident, before I got to the Roundtable, maybe thats somehow related?
Scroll down to see the absolute lengths Dark Souls players would go to to defend a woman who gave them a hug once.
She puts the d in the d
Cuddle Mama gave me her Rune Baby. Y'all jealous. <3
just tested, killing her at the prince of deaths throne has her drop nothing, but resting at the grace and going back, you can take her set where she used to be.
she killed all my homies
If you have high T don't scroll any further.
I wonder if there are any connections between her and Marika? Marika had apparently planned to "search the depths of the Golden Order," and even planned to kill herself/let herself be killed for the sake of shattering the Elden Ring after Godwyn's death...
Fia kind of resembles Marika, and her room at the Hold is decked out with portraits of her. At the end of her quest, she lays with Godwyn to produce the Mending Rune of the Death-Prince, dying for her cause. Not that I think she and Marika are the same person, but I do wonder if maybe these connections serve to illustrate Marika's predilections?
Maybe it wasn't that Marika wanted endless battle, but rather these "depths of the Golden Order" related to the sullying that produced Those Who Live in Death? (According to Goldmask's revelations, TWLiD are permitted to exist purely out of need for a common enemy, which seems to correspond more with Radagon's devotion to Fundamentalism.) I wonder, if Marika had a wish for the world after her death, would it have been that a Tarnished might commence the Age ot the Duskborn? Or was she simply indifferent by that point?
love ( ˘⌣˘)♡(˘⌣˘ )
I was able to get the Weathered Dagger without resting at an Altus Plateau Site of Grace.
Crazy *****, the damn zombies started it by always attacking me. Don’t go treating me like the bad guy.
Trash tier waifu, why simp for a necrophiliac thot who sympathizes with evil murder skeletons when you have the cool and cute witch lady, and who could forget the beloved turtle pope?
You can trigger her giving you the dagger prior to Altus by making progress in Nokron, possibly linked to Ranni's quest line, maybe obtaining the item in Nokron for her. If you return to Roundtable she will give you the dagger and ask you to find the owner. Happened on two different playthroughs following the exact same route (IE the walkthrough).
This ***** isn’t falling asleep after the hug then super hug she tells me she wants me to use her rune and I’m pretty sure she goes to sleep after re-loading the area, iv rested at the grace, took the
Way-gate & fast travelled back still awake. If I’m missing something could anyone please educate me in the ways of Roofies or if it’s a bug, Anyone know a fix
So I think it's pretty obvious what happened. D proposed to her which involved giving her a knife as a hope to turn her away from banging corpses and get her to go away with him. Her cold rejection that was designed to hurt as much as possible by having another person bring it back instead of facing him drove him over the edge and he ended himself only for FIA to come and gloat over the body
I feel like D’s minions are the anti feet fetish people who hate Fia cause she doesn’t wear shoes.
This might be the most pathetically sad and salty comment section I've seen in a while
Very weird questline, she hugged me, said some weird stuff about lying down with Godwyn, fell asleep, went into her dreams and fought a badass red lightning slinging Lichdragon, she died, and then D's brother came along, stabbed her corpse, smacked talked her and Godwyn, then he just vanished when i sat down, no idea wtf was going on, but i got to fight an awesome dragon and got a pretty cool sword so worth ig?
So I find it cool how the soul's games attract some of the sharpest minds, though some sifting is still required. That said, I know some of you will see what I see when looking at the like to dislike ratio of these comments, considering each one and this thread's topic. It's sad and gross at the same time. Lads, it ain't loneliness, it's boredom. If anyone bothers to like / dislike this the ratio should speak for itself.
Any ending but hers. I’d rather see the whole world burn then use her “child”. I think I’ll stick with the better waifu ending.
fia has fully textured underwear. FromSoft really do know their playerbase huh
So am I locked out of this if I spoke to Ranni and entered her service before Rogier gave me the quest?
I was struggling thru some bossfight (dont remember which), hating the game, finally beats him, jumped to the Roundtable, found her and...
"Ah, my thanks, great champion. You are...very warm..."
and I melt, while starring at screen
That's.. so.. very sweet..
Thanks fia, for giving me your weird rune baby *places it with all the other great runes*