|Location||Crumbling Farum Azula|
Crumbling Farum Azula:
Godskin Duo is a Boss in Elden Ring. This Elden Ring Godskin Duo Guide features boss locations, tips, strategies and videos on how to defeat the Godskin Duo easily, as well as boss stats and lore for the Godskin Duo.
Godskin Duo is a dual-boss fight where you'll have to fight against Godskin Apostle and Godskin Noble, both simultaneously. This fight takes place in Crumbling Farum Azula. The Godskin Apostles were led by an Empyrean known as the Gloam-Eyed Queen. She and her followers were able to wield a black flame powerful enough to kill a god. However, Maliketh bested the Gloam-Eyed and locked away the source of their power, Destined Death.
This is NOT an optional boss as players MUST defeat it in order to advance to the rest of Crumbling Farum Azula. You may have a tough time fighting the two bosses in a small room. It is recommended to bring any piece of Equipment that can inflict Sleep as these bosses is susceptible to it. Putting either one of them to sleep will allow you to deal with the other alone. They drop the Smithing-Stone Miner's Bell Bearing  and the Ash of War: Black Flame Tornado when defeated.
A complementing pair of creatures extremely well versed in dual-battling. These beings achieve an exceptional balance in combat, resulting in a devastating synergy.
Elden Ring Godskin Duo Boss
Godskin Duo is a Great Enemy Boss found in Crumbling Farum Azula
- This boss is NOT optional.
- This is a Great Enemy type boss.
- Closest Site of Grace: Dragon Temple Transept [Map Link]
- Is multiplayer allowed for this boss? Yes.
- Spirit ashes can be summoned for this boss.
- NPC Summons: Knight Bernahl. You can find his summon sign near either entrance to the boss arena.
Elden Ring Godskin Duo Location
Godskin Duo can be found by entering the Dragon Temple at the northern part of Crumbling Farum Azula, at the great hall, the boss fight is triggered by approaching the short stair at the end of it. See it on the Elden Ring Map here.
Godskin Duo Combat Information
- Health: NG (26,350), NG+ (26,561), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+4 (??), NG+5 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+7 (??)
- Noble: NG (8000), NG+ (??), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+4 (??), NG+5 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+7 (??)
- Apostle: NG (??), NG+ (??), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+4 (??), NG+5 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+7 (??)
- Defenses do not change between phases - phase transition grants few new attacks to both Apostle and Noble.
- Deals Slash Damage (Apostle), Pierce Damage (both, mainly Noble), Fire Damage (both), Standard Damage (both).
- Parriable: Yes (sword attacks), which allows a critical attack
- Can be poise broken, which allows for a critical attack (both).
- Poise break can happen during phase transition. This cancel the attack, but not transition itself.
- Weak to Hemorrhage, Frostbite, Scarlet Rot, Poison, and Slash Damage.
- Can be put to sleep with ease for a long time.
- Resistant to Strike Damage, Fire Damage, Holy Damage.
- Immune to Death status.
While it may initially seem identical to the Godskin Apostle and Godskin Noble fight, there is one key difference; the Godskins have a shared health bar separate from their individual health bars, and if one of them is killed during the fight, they will be resurrected after a short period. This will continue until the total boss health bar is depleted, even if both Godskins are still alive when the healthbar hits zero. While one Godskin is alive, they may raise their hand with blackflame causing the other Godskin to resurrect before the resurrection timer depletes.
The absorption numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example if an absorption is 60. 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% is absorbed. Bigger number= less damage. An absorption of 100 means no damage goes through, and a resistance of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers is the buildup amount to trigger it. For example if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of whatever aux buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs.
Elden Ring Godskin Duo Boss Guide
Godskin Duo Boss Video Guide
[video coming soon]
Godskin Duo Fight Strategy
The Best Tips for Godskin Duo:
- Put one boss to sleep and focus down the other. Refer to Sleep Strat below.
- Use the Hoarfrost Stomp skill and spam it behind a pillar. Refer to Hoarfrost Stomp Strat below.
- The structures in the arena are your allies, use them to gain space to heal, or to separate them and fight them one at a time.
- If you use a Spirit Ash, don't stall too much as your Spirit ally won't last too much, so be aggressive while the Spirit Ash is active.
- The Commander's Standard's weapon skill Rallying Standard can be used to increase the survivability of your Spirit Ash.
This boss fight is extremely tough to beat with most conventional methods owing to the fact that you are fighting two of the most difficult bosses together simultaneously. Additionally, each Godskin boss has an individual health bar in addition to the collective health bar labeled "Godskin Duo". Their collective bar is depleted as you deal damage to either boss, but depleting both bosses' health bars does not end the encounter. As long as the collective bar still has health, one or both bosses will re-appear and you will have to keep fighting and killing them over and over.
When only one of the Godskins has been killed, the other one can perform an attack where it creates a sigil in the air over its head to resummon the other. This move leaves it quite vulnerable, but the newly-summoned Godskin can attack immediately so be wary when taking advantage of it. If both Godskins have been killed, one or the other will respawn even without this special attack.
One way to deal with this duo is to use sleep-inducing items such as Sleepbone Arrows, Sleep Pots, Soporific Grease, or Sword of St. Trina to put one boss to sleep while you deal with the other. Once one is dead, wake the sleeping boss up and then let them re-summon their companion before putting them to sleep again. Rinse and repeat until their collective health bar is depleted.
Hoarfrost Stomp Strategy
Another effective method is to imbue a weapon with Ashes of War: Hoarfrost Stomp and then summon your most powerful Spirit Ashes to distract one boss. Lure the other boss to one of the pillars while you stand behind it and keep spamming Hoarfrost Stomp which will deal its damage through the pillar. Be careful when they destroy a pillar, though: they can still get stuck on the base, but their attacks will go through. This strategy can be combined with the Sleep Strat above, but in that case you may want to refrain from using summons to avoid waking up the sleeping Godskin. If you summon Mimic Tear, it can also use Hoarfrost Stomp to deal massive damage to the bosses.
This boss is extremely difficult to fight for exclusively melee users. The solo strategy revolves around having both the Godskin Noble and the Godskin Apostle within view at all times. They can both throw black fireballs, so you have to be incredibly cautious when attacking one, as the other could be throwing one if they're at a distance. It is also imperative to abuse the pillars around the arena, to block one from attacking you while you attack the other. However, once either one goes into their second phase, they will gain attacks that allow them to destroy these pillars. The Apostle's phase-two attacks are mostly slow and locked to a specific location, which can give you opportunities to get in a few attacks on the Noble. Most of the Noble's phase-two attacks aren't particularly threatening, but Godskin Wheel is very dangerous. It's likely to use this attack immediately upon entering phase two if you're some distance away from it, so your best bet is to stay close during the phase transition to force it to use the easily-dodgeable Godskin Crusher instead. If you can't, run behind a pillar—although the roll will destroy the top part of the pillar, the base will still block its movement. (Note that it can roll up onto a pillar at the very beginning of the attack, so try to hide behind one a little further away.)
Magic and Ranged Users
For magic users, using the spell Comet Azur and a bow loaded with sleep arrows will trivialize the fight. Bait the Noble away from the Apostle, begin to fire around 5 arrows until the sleep sets in. Do not attack him. Then proceed to attempt to put the Apostle to sleep close to the Noble. After both Godskins are asleep, cast Terra Magica and drink a Wondrous Physick with Cerulean Hidden Tear. Line up the Godskins, target whichever one is further away to make sure the spell accurately hits both of them, then simply charge up and fire to watch their health melt away. Keep firing, even though their bodies will disappear their hitboxes will allow further damage for a short time. One will respawn and might attempt to resurrect the other, if this happens just use sleep arrows again and finish off their healthbar. For best results do not use any Spirit Ashes as they may awaken one of the Nobles.
Godskin Duo Attacks & Counters
|While the Godskin Duo are fought simultaneously, they have the same movesets as their solo counterparts and have no added attacks or skills for this fight (aside from re-summoning their dead companion).|
|Refer to the Godskin Apostle's page for its moveset and counters here.|
|Refer to the Godskin Noble's page for its moveset and counters here.|
Godskin Duo Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- When you first encounter this fight, you're likely to approach it from the Dragon Temple Site of Grace. However, there are two Banished Knights between this Site of Grace and the boss door making the boss run both long and risky. The Dragon Temple Transept Site of Grace can be reached by jumping off the ledge directly west of the Dragon Temple Site of Grace, then turning around and jumping to an even lower platform and heading east.
- Even after a Godskin is dead, attacking its corpse will damage the shared health bar for a short time.
- Player can trigger Blood loss/Frostbite during that time, but this will bear no effect on Godskin Duo's healthbar.
Godskin Duo Image Gallery