Golden Rune 
Use to gain many runes
Golden Rune  is a Consumable Item in Elden Ring that grants 2,000 Runes upon use.
Grace that dwells within the inhabitants of the Lands Between; the lingering residue of gold.
Use to gain 2000 runes.
Those born at the foot of the Erdtree are blessed. At least, that is the enduring belief of the people of the plateau.
Where to find Golden Rune  in Elden Ring
- Redmane Castle: Found on a corpse inside a guardhouse in the castle's inner grounds. [Map Link]
- War-Dead Catacombs: In the main chamber with the 4 staircases, drop down into the lower level from the left and loot the corpse by the support structure in the northeast. [Map Link]
- In the graveyard south of Lenne's Rise alongside a Golden Rune  and Golden Rune . [Map Link]
- Found on a dead body, inside Stillwater Cave. In that room there is also a Golden Rune (5).
- Found by looting the tombs at the north of Mistwood. [Map Link]
Liurnia of the Lakes:
- You will spot some Balloons in the deluged area of Liurnia of the Lakes that have some enemies attached to it. Shoot down a Balloon to obtain its Golden Rune. Map Link
- Jarburg Cemetery: Found within the graveyard. [Map Link]
- Liurnia Highway North: Held by a corpse front of the puppet Troll Knight. [Map Link]
- Weeping Peninsula. Dropped by a Chanting Winged Dame found along the cliffs south of the Minor Erdtree. You can hear the Chanting Winged Dame singing as you approach the cliffs. He is guarded by other Giant Bats. [Map Link]
- Found as you enter the cemetery in Altus Plateau, on the left side. [Map Link]
- The Shaded Castle: A total of 3 can be found in the castle:
- Altus Plateau: Found over the sarcophagi directly to the south of Sainted Hero's Grave. There are also x2 Golden Rune (4) nearby. [Map Link]
- Old Altus Tunnel: Looted from a corpse in Old Altus Tunnel [Map Link]
- Found on a body lying on the ground just before the Seethewater Terminus Site of Grace [Map Link]
- Can be looted from the open tombs in the gravesite on west Mt. Gelmir. [Map Link]
- Can be looted from a corpse lying atop a rock pillar connecting Hermit Village to Gelmir Hero's Grave, in Mt. Gelmir. [Map Link]
- Looted from a corpse in Gelmir Hero's Grave in a room guarded by two Wandering Nobles lying in ambush [Map Link]
- Looted from a body sprawled atop a rock in Mt. Gelmir [Map Link]
- Looted from a body hanging from a ledge in Volcano Cave [Map Link]
- Video Location
- Consecrated Snowfield: South of the Consecrated Snowfield, there will be a graveyard with a number of Golden Runes that can be looted [Map Link]
Leyndell, Royal Capital:
- Held by a corpse next to the water, south of the Minor Erdtree. [Map Link]
- On a corpse underneath the staircase that leads to Hallowhorn Grounds. [Map Link]
- Nokron, Eternal City: [Map Link]
- (1) Held by a corpse within the structure before reaching the Nokron Site of Grace.
- (2) On a dead body near a Teardrop Scarab.
Golden Rune  Use in Elden Ring
Golden Rune  can be used as a quick item (or directly from the inventory) to gain 2000 Runes. Alternatively, it can be sold to a merchant for the same value.
Elden Ring Golden Rune  Notes & Tips
- You can hold up to 99 Golden Rune .
- You can store up to 600 Golden Rune .
- Sell Value: 2000
- Rune values:
|Golden Rune ||200|
|Golden Rune ||400|
|Golden Rune ||800|
|Golden Rune ||1200|
|Golden Rune ||1600|
|Golden Rune ||2000|
|Golden Rune ||2500|
|Golden Rune ||3000|
|Golden Rune ||3800|
|Golden Rune ||5000|
|Golden Rune ||6250|
|Golden Rune ||7500|
|Golden Rune ||10000|
|Hero's Rune ||15000|
|Hero's Rune ||20000|
|Hero's Rune ||25000|
|Hero's Rune ||30000|
|Hero's Rune ||35000|
Join the page discussion Register to EDIT the Wiki!
Correction needs to be made in regard to the balloons in Liurnia, each balloon drops a level 6 golden rune, these do not respawn nor do the soldiers attached. Best course of action would be to pop the balloons and eliminate the soldiers, as to what the soldiers could possibly drop I couldn't tell you.
These entries need the amount of runes they grant added in
Drops from Blue Flame Balloons around the Liurnia of the Lakes area; they’re immobile and have very low HP, but sometimes have up to 3 Wooden Soldiers suspended from them.
You don’t have to kill the enemies attached to the balloon for this to drop, and you don’t have to loot it; it auto-loots once you destroy the balloon with a ranged attack.