Greatbow of black stone crafted by a civilization now gone to
ruin. Weapon of the Guardian Golem.
Extremely heavy, this greatbow requires enormous strength just to
draw, suggesting it was not designed for human use.
Where to Find Golem Greatbow in Elden Ring
The Golem Greatbow has a chance to drop from any Golem archer. The Golem Greatbow does not drop from Golems with halberds.
Locations of respawning Golem archers:
- One can be found on the Limgrave Tower Bridge in Stormhill, which can be accessed from Stormveil Castle. Two halberd Golems are also found on the bridge.
- Two can be found on the path towards the colosseum in Caelid. This location is only accessible via a lift in the Siofra River that takes the player to the Deep Siofra Well.
- These two Golem archers fire magic-imbued explosive arrows and are also the only source of Golem's Magic Arrow.
- One can be found next to the top of the Grand Lift of Dectus, in the Altus Plateau. It is accompanied by a single halberd Golem.
- If the Grand Lift of Dectus is activated after finding both halves of the Dectus Medallion, the Golems guarding the lift will be non-hostile until the the player initiates combat. (needs confirmation, not sure if the game checks for possession of the medallion or usage of the lift)
Locations of non-respawning Golem archers:
- One can be found outside the entrance of Castle Morne, at the southern tip of the Weeping Peninsula. [Elden Ring Map here]
- Two can be found in the north-eastern section of the Capital Outskirts, on the hill approaching the northern entrance to Leyndell Royal Capital (Legacy Dungeon).
- One can be found in the Mountaintops of the Giants, guarding the tall and narrow path north.
Elden Ring Golem Greatbow Notes & Tips
- Weapon Skill: Through and Through
- This weapon cannot be infused with Ashes of War
- Golem Greatbow can be upgraded by using Somber Smithing Stones
- Farming tips:
- When a Golem falls over, the player can perform a Critical Attack by attacking it's chest.
- The best places to farm Golem archers for this greatbow are:
- The pair of Golem archers in Caelid that are located on the path towards the colosseum. The player can fast travel to the Deep Siofra Well Site of Grace to respawn the archers. Note that the archer closer to the colosseum does not have weakspots in it's feet.
- The Golem archer next to the Grand Lift of Dectus. The Altus Plateau Site of Grace is nearby, north of the lift.
- The Limgrave Tower Bridge is an early game option, as the Golems here have less health than in other encounters. However, the player is unable to summon their mount at this location and the Golem archer spawns at the broken part of the bridge, near the Waygate to the the Divine Tower of Limgrave. Two halberd-wielding Golems also spawn along the way which can interfere with farming.
- Sell Value: 200
- Base drop rate is 10% (at 100 Discovery).
- You can shoot greatbows fairly quickly if you jump and start firing midair. Your character will land with the bow already drawn and fire the arrow in a moment. Obviously much slower than long or short bows but still fast enough to use against bosses if you keep your distance.
- All Bows (not Crossbows) only need 2/3 the STR requirement, since they can only be used two-handed.
Moveset & Videos in Elden Ring for Golem Greatbow
- Videos for the Golem Greatbow Coming Soon
Golem Greatbow Upgrades in Elden Ring
Please see the Upgrades page to understand the weapon bolstering process.
Requires regular reinforcement with Somber Smithing Stones
|Attack Power||Stat Scaling||Passive Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|