HP or Hit Points is one of the Stats in Elden Ring. Stats refer to various properties that govern your character's strengths and weaknesses, as well as how they are affected by interactions in and out of combat. HP is a measure of your health and how much damage you can take before falling in combat. It is one of the Base Stats which are directly affected by a player's Main Attribute distribution. Stats such as HP are an important aspect of character progression in Elden Ring.
Elden Ring HP Stat General Information
- HP or Hit Points is a Base Stat that serves as a measure of a character's health and how much damage they can take before falling in combat.
- HP is one of the most prevalent stats and is constantly displayed on the HUD, represented by a red bar that depletes as you take damage.
- When your character's HP is depleted to 0, you die and drop all held Runes at the site of your death. You will then respawn at the last Site of Grace you visited. Alternatively, if you've passed a Stake of Marika checkpoint before your death, you can choose to spawn at the last one you've passed.
- Resting at a Site of Grace fully replenishes your HP and FP. However, this also causes most enemies to respawn.
How to increase Character HP in Elden Ring
- A player's Maximum HP can be increased intrinsically by adding points to Vigor when leveling up.
- Vigor is one of the 8 Main Attributes that players can spend Runes on to level up.
- The ability to level up is unlocked shortly after meeting Melina for the first time near the beginning of the game.
- Leveling up can be done at any Sites of Grace once unlocked.
- The amount of Runes required to raise an Attribute increases with each character Level.
- Runes are obtained primarily by defeating Enemies and Bosses. Certain consumables such as the Fringefolk's Rune can also be used to gain a fixed number of runes.
- Certain Weapons, Armor or Talismans may also affect your Maximum HP.
HP-related Items in Elden Ring
The following Consumables can be used to replenish HP:
- Flask of Crimson Tears
- Flask of Wondrous Physick (mixed with Crimson Crystal Tear, Crimsonburst Crystal Tear, Crimsonspill Crystal Tear, Crimson Bubbletear or Crimsonwhorl Bubbletear)
- Raw Meat Dumpling (inflicts poison when used)
HP-related Spells in Elden Ring
- Urgent Heal
- Great Heal
- Erdtree Heal
- Lord's Heal
- Bestial Vitality
- Blessing's Boon
- Blessing of the Erdtree
HP-Related Equipment in Elden Ring
The following equipment and features can replenish HP:
|Crimson Seed Talisman||Boosts HP regeneration from Flask of Crimson Tears||0.8||
|Blessed Dew Talisman||Slowly restores HP||0.6||
|Icon Shield||Slowly restores HP||11.5||
|Royal Remains Set||Slowly replenishes HP when HP is reduced||25.3||
|Taker's Cameo||Restores HP upon defeating enemies||1.0||
|Blasphemous Blade||Restores HP upon defeating enemies||13.5||
|Serpent-God's Curved Sword||Restores HP upon defeating enemies||4.0||
|Greathorn Hammer||Restores HP upon defeating enemies||10.0||
|Rykard's Great Rune||Restores HP upon defeating enemies||-----||
|Mohg's Great Rune||Restores HP upon defeating enemies (after a successful invasion)||-----||
|Assassin's Crimson Dagger||Critical hits restore HP||0.8||
|Godskin Swaddling Cloth||Successive attacks restore HP||0.9||
|Malenia's Great Rune||Attacks made immediately after receiving damage will partially recover HP.||-----||
|Butchering Knife||Restores HP when striking enemies||8.5||
|Great Stars||Restores HP when striking enemies||10.0||
|Devourer's Scepter Weapon Skill||Weapon skill steals HP from enemies||11.5||
|Ash of War: Holy Ground||Restores HP and boosts defense for you and allies in the area of effect||-----||
|Ash of War: Prayerful Strike||Heals HP of self and nearby allies on successful hits||-----||
|Ash of War: Lifesteal Fist||Steals HP from foes with human build with its grab attack||-----||
|Ash of War: Blood Tax||Steals HP from foes with successive thrusting attacks||-----||
The following equipment and features can raises maximum HP:
|Crimson Amber Medallion||Raises maximum HP||0.3||
|Morgott's Great Rune||Greatly raises maximum HP||---||
|Erdtree's Favor||Raises maximum HP, Stamina and Equip Load||1.5||
|Radahn's Great Rune||Raises maximum HP, FP and Stamina||---||
|Crimson Hood||Raises vigor||1.7||
Radagon's Soreseal (+1 version)
|Raises vigor, endurance, strength, and dexterity, but also increases damage taken.||0.8||
|Godrick's Great Rune||Raises all attributes by +5||---||
Elden Ring HP Notes & Tips
- HP Increase by Vigor Level
- The soft caps are 25, 40, and 60
- The formulas for calculating HP are as follows:
- Level 1 - 25 --> 300 + 500*(((Lvl - 1) / 24)^1.5)
- Level 26 - 40 --> 800 + 650*(((Lvl - 25) / 15)^1.1)
- Level 41 - 60 --> 1450 + 450*(1 - (1 - ((Lvl - 40) / 20))^1.2)
- Level 61 - 99 --> 1900 + 200*(1 - (1 - ((Lvl - 60) / 39))^1.2)
- The resulting number is always rounded down