Lightseeker Hyetta is an NPC in Elden Ring. Hyetta is mysterious blind woman who roams the Lands Between, following the guidance of the distant light within upon eating Shabriri Grapes. She seeks to become a Finger Maiden upon reaching this “distant light.”
Hello? Is someone there? My name is Hyetta, and I'm journeying in search of the distant light.
Hyetta Location in Elden Ring
Hyetta can be found in various locations as you progress her questline:
- Found near the Lake-Facing Cliffs site of grace, in Liurnia of the Lakes. [Map link] (Requires receiving Irina's Letter from Irina in the Weeping Peninsula.)
- Found on the western side of the Purified Ruins, also in Liurnia of the Lakes. [Map link]
- Found to the north of the the Gate Town Bridge site of grace, in Liurnia. [Map link]
- Found in Bellum Church, northeastern Liurnia of the Lakes. [Map link]
- Found at Frenzied Flame Proscription, far below Leyndell, Royal Capital. [Map link]
- This NPC moves as you progress her questline.
- This NPC can be fought.
- If defeated, drops: three Frenzyflame Stone (at location #3).
Hyetta Questline: How to complete Hyetta's Quest
- After talking with Irina in Weeping Peninsula, Hyetta appears next to the Lake-Facing Cliffs site of grace in Liurnia. Hyetta says she roams the Lands Between in search of the distant light, drawn to her destiny by a guiding shine she feels in the back of her eyes when eating Shabriri Grapes. She will ask for one, and if you choose to give her one, she will reward you with the As You Wish gesture.
- Hyetta can next be found a short distance west of the Purified Ruins in Liurnia (outside of a ruined building). She asks for another Shabriri Grape, but does not offer a reward at this time. (NOTE: If she does not appear here, stop by Irina's dead body first. Doing this got her to spawn for me).
- Hyetta will now be north of the Gate Town Bridge, Liurnia of the Lakes. She will ask for another Shabriri Grape, and will ask what they really are. Choose to tell her what they are (the quest cannot progress until you tell her). After reloading the area, she will have more dialogue. Exhausting her dialogue here is mandatory, as she will not change locations otherwise.
- Hyetta then moves to Bellum Church in Liurnia of the Lakes. She will ask you for a Fingerprint Grape, which is found as a drop from Festering Fingerprint Vyke near the Church of Inhibition. Once given to her, she will thank you and leave.
- Hyetta can be finally found at Frenzied Flame Proscription, underneath Leyndell, Royal Capital. Upon accepting the Three Fingers' flame, return to Hyetta and talk to her once more. Exhaust her dialogue, and the Frenzied Flame Seal and five Frenzyflame Stones appear on the ground, completing her questline.
Dialogue in Elden Ring: Hyetta
- "Hello? Is someone there? My name is Hyetta, and I'm journeying in search of the distant light. If I might be so bold as to ask... would you donate any Shabriri grapes in your possession to me? My eyesight has been weak since birth, you see. I can't tell which way I'm supposed to go next. But when I eat one of those grapes, I can feel a distant light in the back of my eyes. It will lead me, to my true duty, as a Finger Maiden".
- (If offered a Shabriri Grape)
"Oh, many thanks to you. Now I can feel the distant light once more. You are most kind, indeed. May the blessing of the Fingers be upon you".
- You're not like the others who give me grapes, are you...They rest their trembling hands upon me. Howling wordlessly, they gently stroke my eyes. Their frail fingers, emaciated...Yet still, they give me the grapes. But you...seem somehow...firmer. You are most kind, indeed. May the blessings of the Fingers be upon you.
- I wonder, what are Shabiri Grapes? Delectably tender and sweet, yet searing... What sight they must behold. "
After telling her the grapes are actually human eyes
- N-no... that's not possible. Not all of those people...their own...so those noises I heard were...-
<brief pause, gags>
Sorry, I'm alright now. I apologize. You only did what I asked. I'll be fine. Think no more of it.
[She begins to hurl as you walk away]
After reloading the same area and talking to her again
- Ah, is that you over there? I have gleaned something very important indeed, thanks to you. The reason why it was eyes I had to eat. The distant light is far and frail. So faint it can't be seen by the naked eye. But with everyone's eyes together, it appears. Finally, it all makes sense. I am certain now, I will become a finger maiden.
- Oh hello, is that you over there? Have you ever heard of fingerprint grapes? They're special grapes which only grow on those who've been clasped by the burnt Fingers. I would truly love to try one.... The distant light seems far closer than before. But I can't sense a thing from the usual grapes anymore... Please, could you donate a fingerprint grape to me? Without one I don't know, I feel like I might go mad.
- Oh, Oh! A fingerprint grape, tried and true, what a wondrous thing! A fingerprint grape!
Ohh, how sweet, yet, how it burns...
Thank you. I've composed myself again. May the blessings of the Fingers be upon you.
- Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. I'm sure I'll be a Finger Maiden.
- Ah, so you're here as well, are you? ...I realized as we've talked. I'll be a Maiden. And you... surely, a Lord. Go to the door ahead, after divesting yourself of your possessions. It will surely open, and the Three Fingers will welcome you. May the flame of chaos find purchase within you.
After the Tarnished is marked by the Three Fingers
- Ahhh, the flame of chaos has nestled within you. Could you please rest your hand upon me? Burn me with the flame, to make me your Maiden...
After touching Hyetta
- Oh, it burns... My eyes, my eyes, they're melting... Aaargh!
- Thank... thank you... I have touched them. The words of the Three Fingers. As your maiden, allow me to divine them. All that there is came from the One Great. Then came fractures, and births, and souls. But the Greater Will made a mistake. Torment, despair, affliction... every sin, every curse. Every one, born of the mistake. And so, what was borrowed must be returned. Melt it all away, with the yellow chaos flame. Until all is One again.
- Those who gave me grapes howled without words. Saying they wished they were never born. Become their lord. Take their torment, despair. Their affliction. Every sin, every curse. And melt it all away. As the Lord of Chaos. No more fractures...no more birth... (sighs)
- At the Lake-Facing Cliffs site of grace : "You are most kind, indeed. May the blessing of the Fingers be upon you."
- What on earth? I do not wish to cause anyone harm...
- (On player kill) Oh, bless the stars. You've chosen to reconsider.
- Ahh, the distant light...fades... I'm so sorry, my dears...
Hyetta Notes & Trivia
- Hyetta can count as the maiden mentioned in the White Mask Varré's questline. While killing a maiden is not necessary, you can kill her to cover the Lord of Blood's Favor in blood.
- When found at the Frenzied-Flame Proscription, her title is now Finger Maiden Hyetta, showing that she has successfully become a Finger Maiden, albeit one of the Three Fingers'.
- Irina and Hyetta have the same face and clothing.
- Her quest can still be completed after using Miquella's Needle or completing an ending.
HYETTA IMAGE GALLERY