Iron Fist Alexander
|Voiced by||Kevin Howarth|
Iron Fist Alexander (AKA Alexander, Warrior Jar) is an NPC in Elden Ring. Iron Fist Alexander is a large Living Jar who set out from his home one day in search of adventure, seeking to become a mighty warrior. He also becomes available as an NPC Summon cooperater where he can fight alongside players
I am Alexander, also known as the Iron Fist. And as you can see, I'm stuck here.
Iron Fist Alexander Information in Elden Ring
Alexander is first found stuck in the ground, asking for help. If you talk to him, he will kindly ask you to help him out. You can choose to either help him out or simply leave him there in the ground.
- This NPC can be fought.
- If defeated, drops:
Iron Fist Alexander Location in Elden Ring
Iron Fist Alexander is found in multiple locations as the story progresses:
- Alexander can be found in Northern Stormhill, West to the river and North of the Agheel Lake North Site of Grace. [Map Link]
- He can next be found in Gael Tunnel.
- Talk to him again at Redmane Castle, he will talk about his excitement about the incoming encounter with Radahn. [Map Link]
- He can then be summoned for the boss fight against Starscourge Radahn.
- If he has not been interacted with prior to this, he will show up at the festival anyway and introduce himself.
- Before moving to his next location, he can be found scavenging at Starscourge Radahn's Site of Grace.
- Here he must be talked to exhausting all dialogue to continue his questline. [Map Link]
- Found in Liurnia of the Lakes, just south of Carian Study Hall.
- Follow the path south from the Artist's Shack Site of Grace. Alexander will call out for help as the player gets closer to his location.
- He will ask you to make him "slippery." Use an Oil Pot or Roped Oil Pot to free him.
- This step can be skipped by going to Mt. Gelmir after the Radahn festival. [Map Link]
- Found near the Seethewater Terminus Site of Grace at a lava lake south of Fort Laiedd in Mt. Gelmir.
- Can be summoned for the boss fight against Fire Giant. His sign will appear only after entering the area through either chain. [Map Link]
- Found in Crumbling Farum Azula.
- From the Dragon Temple Lift grace (can be accessed by using two Stonesword Keys), go past the plaza full of undead up the flight of stairs, turn right and you'll see two square bracket shaped archways. Jump on the archway on the left (closest to the sleeping dragon) to get over to the other side. Alexander can be found directly on the flat arena after crossing the crumbling tower. [Map Link]
- He will challenge you to a warrior's duel, and if you win, he will reward you with Alexander's Innards and Shard of Alexander.
- If you lose, he will continue letting you challenge him until you win.
Iron Fist Alexander Questline: How to complete Iron Fist Alexander's Quest
- You can help Iron Fist Alexander out by hitting him a few times on the back with any weapon. While you hit him, he will express some pain, but then he'll tell you to keep trying.
Alexander delivers some words of encouragement.
- You will eventually push him out, he will stand up and congratulate you, seeming to be okay. As he is pushed out of the ground, you will receive the Triumphant Delight Gesture. Alexander in turn rewards you with a piece of Exalted Flesh for your efforts and then hints at his next destination. He tells you of Redmane Castle in Caelid where a combat festival is taking place.
- Alexander's next location is in Gael Tunnel, found from the rear entrance that borders Limgrave and Caelid. You can also find him from the other side of the Tunnel by venturing to the boss room and opening the one-way door. He'll again mention the festival in Caelid. This step can be skipped if you have already triggered the Radahn Festival from Blaidd's questline.
- Alexander can be found in the plaza of Redmane Castle with the other participants. He is one of the cooperators that can be summoned during the fight against Starscourge Radahn.
- After Radahn's defeat, Alexander can be found just south of Starscourge Radahn site of grace in Wailing Dunes, scavenging the remains of fallen soldiers to strengthen himself.
- Alexander's next location is in Liurnia of the Lakes, just south of the Carian Study Hall. He'll call out to the player if they come close, and is stuck in a hole in the ground again. Smacking him a few times like before won't do any good, and he says he'll need something to make him slippery. Apply an Oil Pot on him and another good smack should dislodge him. He'll reward you with an Exalted Flesh, then talk about heading north to strengthen himself even further. You can skip this step if you've already visited Mt. Gelmir.
- Alexander is found in a pool of lava in the west side of Mt. Gelmir, behind a Magma Wyrm. The player can safely talk to him by walking on one of the spires jutting out of the lava pool. He awards the Jar as a token of friendship and seeks to go to the forge of the giants in the east.
- He appears as a NPC cooperator against the Fire Giant. His summon sign is located within the arena, near either of its entrances.
- Alexander's final step is in Crumbling Farum Azula. He can be seen standing atop a large ruin as you descend the floating debris towards the Dragon Temple. If you've accessed the Dragon Temple Lift, you can find him by platforming across the debris on the upper levels of the area. Alexander will request one last duel. Defeat him, and he rewards you with Alexander's Innards and the Shard of Alexander.
Dialogue in Elden Ring: Iron Fist Alexander
- Hello-o? Can you hear me?
Help me! I'm stuck.
Hello? Hellooo! Anyone! (repeating)
- Oh my stars I'm so happy to see you!
I am Alexander, also known as the Iron Fist. And as you can see, I'm stock here.
Please, can you help me out of this?
Choosing "Help him out"
- My thanks! a thousand thanks! Just give me a good smack from the rear, with something nice and big.
- Put those doubts to rest, I'll be just fine. I'm very well trained.
Give it your all, I say!
Talking again without helping
- Come on, give me a good smack from behind with something nice and big.
I'll pop clean out. I'm sure of it!
Choosing "Don't help"
- I see. More's the pity. No, no, don't apologize. Despite my appearance, I am a chip off a greater jar. I'll pop out eventually, just you wait.
After "Don't help" and returning (female):
- Ahh, what's that look good lady? Are you willing to help me out after all?
After attacking him in Limgrave
- What are you playing at?
- Wait, I see. I see it now. Humans all lose their wits, eventually.
- (On player kill) A finer battle was never witnessed. How do you fancy joining the lads inside, eh?
Killing him at Limgrave
- How could this... Was my whole existence... just a crock?
Upon getting unstuck
- "Ahh! Well played good lady/sir. Well Played. Though that mighty wallop of yours almost spelt the end of me!
Ha ha ha ha! Well, I'm out now, and that's what counts.
I thank you, and as a token of my appreciation, I'd like you to have this".
[Hands over x1 Exalted Flesh]
- "Once again, the pleasure is mine. I am the warrior jar known as Alexander. Iron Fist Alexander, in fact.
I journey to the east, where I intend to further my education in the ways of war.
Beyond these lands lie the scarlet rot-blighted Caelid Wilds.
And upon their southern edge is Redmane Castle, in which a festival of combat is being held.
I'd heard whispers of such festivities before... Doesn't the notion set your breast aflutter!
Ha ha ha ha!"
- I'm heading eastward. To Redmane Castle on the southern edge of the scarlet rot-blighted Caelid Wilds.
I've heard there's to be a festival held there.
Encounter at Rear Gael Tunnel Entrance, before unlocking door to Gael Tunnel
- Oh I hadn't expected to see your face again.
Are you heading to the festival of combat, too?
Oh, no need to be coy with me.
Judging by the fine wallop you gave the old backside earlier, I would venture you're something of a warrior yourself.
The mere thought of such a festival gets the blood pumping, eh!
Now, now, according to my calculations, passing through this road should lead us to the Caelid Wilds.
But however you slice it, it seems we've reached a dead end.
I'm sorry to have raised your hopes.
It seems my calculations must have been off...
- I was created to be a warrior vessel.
Many great warriors reside within me, ever dreaming of becoming a great champion.
It's my destiny. And the reason for which I quest.
It is my ordeal, you could say. To test myself, to better myself, to fell ever greater foes.
And then, one day, we'll be a single great champion. The greatest of them all!
What do you think, eh? How do you rate my changes?
Second encounter at Gael Tunnel, or if encountering after going through from Caelid side
- The esteemed warrior. Where did you spring from? This was supposed to be a dead end, I'm sure of it. What's going on here? A door, from thin air! Well, stranger things happen at sea, or so I'm told, but onward! To the Caelid Wilds. Gosh, that dead-end had me rather stumped! Heh...heh..
- It's time I set off. To the festival al Redmane Castle on the southern edge of the scarlet rot-blighted Caelid Wilds. Doesn't the thought just set your heart aflutter!
Before fighting Radahn at Redmane Castle
- Ah, you came, how delightful! Indeed, I thought I might find you here.
By the by, do you know for whom this festival is being held? Well, it is none other than General Radahn himself!
To think, I could face a great champion of the Shattering, a demigod in the flesh...
In truth I quiver at the thought, such is his frightful repute. But! The fear simply assures me the ordeal is worth undertaking!
Now, be sure to get a good vantage, my friend. I, Iron Fist Alexander, do hereby vow to unflinchingly brave this ordeal.
After fighting Radahn at Redmane Castle
- A-ah, hello there. It was a battle marvellously fought. You are well and truly a champion, friend.
I, on the other hand, am nothing but a crock. One hit was all it took to crack me, and for my insides to come spilling out.
After that, I hid like a coward. And as such, I can hardly stand to face one such as you.
- ...But don't you think I've given up just yet. As luck would have it, there's a veritable mountain of warriors' bodies right here.
If I can just squeeze this bunch down inside me, I'll be a mighty warrior again in no time.
And you know... The bodies found here are exceedingly fine.
Who could expect any less from the very warriors who fought in the Shattering, the greatest of all wars!
Just you wait and see, friend. I'll grow even stronger! Just you wait, when next we meet! Heh heh...
At Liurnia of the Lakes
- (Calling out) Hello-o? Can you hear me? Help me! I'm stuck. Hello? Hellooo! Anyone! (repeating)
- Ahh, hello! How nice it is to see a friendly face! As you can surmise, I've got myself stuck in another hole. Would you mind helping me out, again?
- (Help him out) My thanks in advance, I know you're the man for the job! You know what to do, hm?
Give me a good smack from behind with something nice and big.
Don't worry about my wound sustained at the festival. I'm stuck back together good and proper! Just give it your all!
- Come on, give me a good smack from behind with something nice ang big!
- (Don't help) I see. More's the pity. No no. I apologise. Don't you worry about a thing. Despite my appearance. I am but a chip off a greater jar. I'll pop out eventually.
- (Returning after declining to help) What's that look, good sir? Are you willing to help me after all?
- (After hitting him) Ah! P-please! Wait. I have a terrible feeling about this! Would you stop hitting me for a minute!
- (Hitting again) Argh! Cease! Please! Just stop a moment, I beg!
- (Another hit) I'll break! I'll break before i'm out!
- (Hitting his face) G-good gosh, stop, please! That's my face! Smack me from the other end! The other end!
- I can feel my lower half is stuck on something. I don't think you can get me out just by hitting me, this time. Hmm... Let's think... Perhaps there's a way to slide me out a little more smoothly...What if I could somehow be made slippery, or somesuch?
- (After throwing some oil) By the gods you are a man of vision! This will have me as slippery as a toad. I have a good feeling about this, my friend. Right! Give me a good smack from behind with something nice and big!
Releasing him at Liurnia
- Nngh! Oh, yes! That's the ticket!
- My thanks! To you and your razor-sharp wits. As a token of my thanks, I'd like you to have this.
- Deary me, I'm oilier than a toad! There were countless oil jars back where I'm from actually.
And now I know what it's like to be one of them! Heh heh...
- Yes, indeed, I too have a home. Though it is one to which I have vowed not to return.
So, I thought I might look out from atop the cliff, but as I drew closer and closer...
Pow! Wouldn't you know it, I was perfectly stuck in that blasted hole.
I can feel the warriors inside admonishing me for my mawkishness. To walk the path of champions, one cannot cleave to the past!
I'm headed to the fiery mount in the north. I can strengthen myself there, without fear of cracking this vessel.
I will forge myself anew in its flames!
§At Mt. Gelmir
- Ngh! Rnnngh! O mountain of fire! Bake me in your flames!
- Nnngh! Ah, good lady/sir, what business might you have in such a place as this?
I hardly think you're here to temper yourself with flame, considering that flesh form of yours.
Your timing though, is impeccable as ever! I've been making just the thing for you on my journey here.
Take it, I'm sure it'll suit you to a tee.
[Hands over Jar]
- But oh, it's hardly more than lukewarm here. I won't be able to temper my body such that it'll never crack again.
Perhaps I'll head eastward. There's an old saying I've caught wind of.
"Above the lofty clouds, the icy giant's peak doth soar, here lieth the flame of ruin, which ever burning roars."
At Crumbling Farum Azula
- Ah, I see you've finally made it here yourself. The city hanging in the air is slowly crumbling. What an incredible place we find ourselves.
But that aside, you're certainly a force to be reckoned with, eh.
I doubt there's a single soul who could've handled that giant, other than you. It was practically a god...
Of course I count myself, the great Alexander, among the many.
Which means, I've but one thing to ask of you. Would you kindly undertake my ordeal?
Come and tell me when you're ready. I've been longing to fight a warrior as accomplished as you.
- You are ready then, I take it? Then let us begin! I am the great jar warrior, Iron Fist Alexander! Lend me strength, O warriors within! Let us become one champion, together!
§After winning the duel
- As I suspected... Victory... was impossible. This vessel... was found lacking...
- My thanks, I knew you were the stuff of champions. It was a marvellous battle.
I implore you, take what I bequeath...from inside me... All vessels are destined to one day break.
But the great Alexander lived as a warrior to his last! Ha ha ha ha!
Elden Ring Notes & Trivia for Iron Fist Alexander
- Alexander speaks and sounds similar to Siegmeyer and Siegward of Catarina from Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3, though those 2 share a different voice actor than Alexander, therefore his character could possibly be a reference to the Catarina Knights of games past.
- According to the Shard of Alexander, it would seem that Alexander had taken parts of a “red-haired champion” into himself, making him mightier than before. Radahn would easily fit this description, seeing as Alexander was busy scraping up bodies to fill himself once more, after fighting Radahn. It would be easy to assume that he had taken parts of Radahn and shoved it inside of him.
- He is an available NPC Summon against Starscourge Radahn during the Radahn festival and can also be summoned against the Fire Giant. Progress in his questline, and he will be available as a summon. Make sure he is not stuck in his first location or stuck South of the Carian Study Hall in Liurnia. His summon sign will be at the fog gate entrance close to the Site of Grace before facing the Fire Giant.
- During the final encounter, he is immune to Fire Damage.