Jar Cannon is a Ballista in Elden Ring. The Jar Cannon does not scale with any stats, and is a good Weapon for a ranged combat option. This weapon deals high damage, but users must be tactful with positioning and aim due to its slow reload speed.
Jar cannon which uses explosives to fire greatbolts. Deals great damage but is slow to reload.
Experimental firearm brought to the assault on Volcano Manor, where it was discovered that no one knew how to use it.
Where to Find Jar Cannon in Elden Ring
The Jar Cannon weapon can be found at the following location:
- Dropped by the boss Demi-Human Queen Margot at the end of Volcano Cave north of Mt. Gelmir. [Elden Ring Map here]
Elden Ring Jar Cannon Notes & Tips
- Weapon Skill: Kick
- This weapon cannot be infused with Ashes of War
- Jar Cannon can be upgraded by using Somber Smithing Stones
- Ammunition: Any type of Greatbolt, such as Ballista Bolt, Bone Ballista Bolt, Explosive Greatbolt, Lightning Greatbolt.
- The Jar Cannon has no scaling with any stat
- The Jar Cannon does 672 physical damage at +10
- Must be two-handed to fire. This also means you effectively only need 23 Strength and 12 Dexterity to fire it.
- Sell Value: 500
- The Jar Cannon's projectile attack benefits from the +10% damage of the Arrow's Sting Talisman, the +10% damage of the Ritual Sword Talisman, and the range bonus of the Arrow's Reach Talisman. It can also be increased by the Lord of Blood's Exultation and the White Mask, which can be easily activated using Seppuku.
- The Jar Cannon projectile attack does not count as a charge attack, therefore the Spiked Cracked Tear and Axe Talisman do not benefit it in any way.
- You can skip the long post-firing animation by using the recoil to push you backwards off a ledge. If your character falls at least from a waist high drop, the entire post-firing animation is skipped, allowing you to reload and fire immediately. If done optimally, you can fire twice in the same time it takes to fire once normally.
- For the Jar Cannon you only need 25 or 26 Strength to 2 Hand it and Shoot with it altho the Ballista is fine. Golden Vow and Flame Grant Me Strength does also affect and increase the Damage further on with Regular Bolts from Golden Vow , and Flame Grant me Strength enhances the Explosive Bolts as they are considered Fire dmg-type )
- Other notes and player tips go here
Best Jar Cannon Buffs
Use these Buffs to maximize the performance of the Jar Cannon weapon. Note that increases in attack power are multiplicative unless stated otherwise.
|Jar Cannon||Buff Description||Notes|
|Arrow's Sting Talisman||+10% Attack Power|
|Arrow's Reach Talisman||Increases Range||Your great bolts will fly straighter for longer, allowing for both longer range and easier to aim shots.|
|Blue Dancer Charm||+0%-11% Attack Power||The minimum weight of both the cannon and the charm (15.9) will grant you 11% attack power bonus, but that bonus decreases as your Equip Load goes up.|
|Flame Grant Me Strength||+20% Attack Power (+15% PvP)||Lasts 30 seconds.|
|Lord of Blood's Exultation||+20% Attack Power||Lasts 20 seconds when a nearby player or enemy is inflicted with blood loss.|
|Rallying Standard||+20% Attack Power||Lasts 30 seconds.|
|Ritual Sword Talisman||+10% Attack Power||Must be at full health.|
|White Mask||+10% Attack Power||Lasts 20 seconds when a nearby player or enemy is inflicted with blood loss.|
Moveset & Videos in Elden Ring for Jar Cannon
- Videos for the Jar Cannon Coming Soon
Jar Cannon Upgrades in Elden Ring
Please see the Upgrades page to understand the weapon bolstering process.
Requires regular reinforcement with Somber Smithing Stones
|Attack Power||Stat Scaling||Passive Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|