Law of Regression is an Incantation in Elden Ring. Law of Regression dispels most Sorcery and Incantation effects, standard Status Effects, unique effects (such as Death Flare), and effects from Consumables and other items, from all nearby targets, both friendly and hostile. This spell also dispels illusory walls, and has other uses outside of combat (spoiler, see below).
Incantation of the Golden Order fundamentalists.
One of the key fundamentals.
Heals all negative statuses, dispels special effects, and reveals mimicry in all its forms.
The fundamentalists describe the Golden Order through the powers of regression and causality. Regression is the pull of meaning; that all things yearn eternally to converge.
Where to find Law of Regression
- Purchase from Brother Corhyn or Miriel, Pastor of Vows, after giving either the Golden Order Principia prayerbook.
Law of Regression Guide
- Golden Order Incantation
- Stamina cost: 50
- Part of Brother Corhyn's and Goldmask's quest.
- Removes buildup and full Status Effects (such as Scarlet Rot and Frostbite).
- Nullifies any Sorceries or Incantations that are already active, like a Lightning Spear that's mid-flight.
- Since this incantation only has Intelligence requirement, a pure Int build with less than 10 Faith, which excludes them from using most Sacred Seals, can still use this incantation by using Frenzied Flame Seal.
- This incantation has an additional use (puzzle and story spoiler ahead, highlight to read): At the statue of Radagon in Leyndell, Royal Capital, there is a message that reads "Regression Alone Reveals Secrets." Casting this incantation near the message will cause the statue to change into a statue of Marika, and reveal another message that reads "Radagon is Marika."
Goldmask Progression Guide for Low-Intelligence Characters
- Twinsage Glintstone Crown (+6 Intelligence)
- Intelligence-knot Crystal Tear (+10 Intelligence)
- Stargazer Heirloom (+5 Intelligence)
- Godrick's Great Rune (+5 Intelligence, requires Rune Arc)
- Grafted Blade Greatsword skill Oath of Vengeance (+5 Intelligence)
- Marika's Soreseal (+5 Intelligence)
That adds up to +36 Intelligence, so even if you somehow managed to start with 1 Intelligence, it is still possible to meet the requirement. This prevents players from having to waste time and two Larval Tears to respec into Intelligence and back.