Leyndell, Ashen Capital is a Location in Elden Ring. Leyndell, Ashen Capital is an instance of Leyndell, Royal Capital after it falls into ruin. This version of the capital is accessible only after making significant story progress, and is geared towards high-leveled players. The Ashen Capital features the same structures and landmarks as its intact counterpart, albeit significantly altered. Previously open paths may not be accessible and vice versa. The Ashen Capital also features its own set of Enemies, Bosses, and collectibles with varied placement distinct from the regular version of the city.
The remains of what once was the Royal Capital city of Leyndell. Now, a scenery composed of debris and death.
- Leyndell, Ashen Capital shares its map with Leyndell, Royal Capital and does not require collection of a map fragment.
[overall map goes here]
- Elden Throne [Map Link]
- Erdtree Sanctuary [Map Link]
- Fractured Marika [Map Link]
- Leyndell, Capital of Ash [Map Link]
- Divine Bridge [Map Link]
- Leyndell Catacombs [Map Link]
- Queen's Bedchamber [Map Link]
- Underground Roadside [Map Link]
- Forsaken Depths [Map Link]
- Goldmask: Found at the base of a cliff, southwest from the Leyndell, Capital of Ash Site of Grace, if you've progressed to the end of Brother Corhyn's questline.
- Brother Corhyn: Found at the base of the large spear in the southwestern part of the Ashen Capital, if you've progressed to the end of his questline.
- Dung Eater: Found in the Subterranean-Shunning Grounds.
- No merchants in this location
Equipment and Magic
- All-Knowing Armor
- All-Knowing Gauntlets
- All-Knowing Greaves
- All-Knowing Helm
- Crimson Amber Medallion +2
- Erdtree's Favor +2
- Erdtree Heal
- Scepter of the All-Knowing
- Cane Sword
Walkthrough for Leyndell, Ashen Capital in Elden Ring
To get to the Ashen Capital, defeat Maliketh, the Black Blade at Crumbling Farum Azula, and after a cutscene plays, you'll get teleported right to the Leyndell, Capital of Ash Site of Grace. Most of the progression in the Ashen Capital involves beating various Bosses, and after defeating the final boss of this area, you can reach the ending of the game. Leyndell, Ashen Capital replaces Leyndell, Royal Capital, and so you will lose access to all enemies and unclaimed treasure from that area before you begin the endgame.
Exploring Ashen Leyndell
Take your first steps in the area by traveling southwest towards the dragon corpse, and follow the mounds of ash downhill. At the bottom you can find an open sewer hole that leads down to the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds. If you jump down from here, you can access a wooden beam with a corpse holding the Crimson Amber Medallion +2 hanging off of it. From this sewer hole, the open gate to your right contains a corpse with a Tarnished Golden Sunflower. Continue southwest from the hole, going back uphill and navigating to the base of the giant spear and you can find Brother Corhyn at its base, rambling about Goldmask. You must be at the end of the Goldmask questline to find him here, but if you offered him the Tonic of Forgetfulness at the Stargazer Ruins, Corhyn will be there instead.
From Corhyn's location, head directly south and jump over the buried balcony. You'll come across a curved set of stairs; don't ascend them, but look to the right and follow the ash downhill. Cross the bridge, picking up a Smithing Stone (6), head up the stairs to your left, and you'll find Goldmask at the base of the cliff. You can get the Mending Rune of Perfect Order from him. Reload the area. Where Corhyn once was, you can get a Flail, Corhyn's Bell Bearing, and Corhyn's Robe. Where Goldmask once was, you can get Goldmask's Set (sans mask).
From the open sewer hole, look northwest, then travel past the rubble until you can climb onto the dragon corpse's wing. Instead of needing to climb up the wing like before, you can go under the wing and then jump straight into the broken wall. Climb up the ladder and follow the path southeast until you come to the golden tree and can see a drop with a staircase going down in the opposite direction. Descend these stairs northward. Look to your left, and you can find a Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone at the doors to where the Fortified Manor used to be. Beware the Valiant Gargoyle patrolling this area.
You can also enter the Ashen Capital from the Forbidden Lands. Go back up the elevator, travel west along the path, and fight through the Knights and Soldiers as usual. Descend the elevator to reach an otherwise inaccessible part of the Ashen Capital. The pond in this area can now be traversed over, because it is completely filled with ash. Walk down the stairs, then hug the left wall to not draw the attention of the Lesser Ulcerated Tree Spirits that patrol the area, and emerge from the ground. You'll find an item on a half-buried piece of rubble, which is the legendary talisman Erdtree's Favor +2.
You can also re-discover the Divine Bridge site of grace by opening the teleporter trap chest at the top of the Tower of Return. The Divine Bridge Golem will respawn even if it was already killed, but will not drop any new items. Access to the Fortified Manor is not possible, as the lift will be at the bottom of its shaft and the lever to raise it will become non-interactable. Access to the Isolated Divine Tower remains open via the sending gate southeast of the Golem.
You can also re-discover the East Capital Rampart site of grace by starting at Capital Rampart and taking the linear path into the Ashen Capital. Boc the Seamster will be there if you're properly progressed his quest.
To head forward and progress the plot, head directly south from the Site of Grace until you reach the walls of the buildings. Follow them around, jumping over the buried pieces of the Erdtree branches, until you reach a curved staircase that isn't covered in ash. Climb the stairs and ride the lift up, entering the Erdtree Sanctuary again. Here, you'll find Sir Gideon Ofnir, the All-Knowing, who is adamant about stopping you from becoming Elden Lord. Defeat him and you'll be rewarded with the All-Knowing Set and the Scepter of All-Knowing.
Interact with the Erdtree Sanctuary Site of Grace that spawns after Gideon's defeat, and head east onto the balcony. Turn left and scale the tree root here, up and to the west. When you get up to another balcony, you'll see an item on a hanging chair to your south, if you haven't already gotten it from Leyndell, Royal Capital. Head outside, and instead of following the path, immediately turn left. Jump down onto the roof around the corner and head into the open window. Run across the large tree root here to be able to grab the Golden Order Principia, then head back down to that balcony where you first saw the item. This time, follow the path north and you'll get to the Queen's Bedchambers. In this room, you may have collected the Blessing of the Erdtree spell in Leyndell, Royal Capital. Here, in the Ashen Capital, you'll find the Erdtree Heal incantation in its place instead.
Continue out the door east and up the stairs, and you'll encounter a fog door. Beyond this door is Godfrey, First Elden Lord, in his physical form rather than the golden spectral form you encountered earlier in the game. Two possible NPC Summons are available for this fight: Nepheli Loux is available if she's been crowned ruler of Limgrave at the end of her questline, and Shabriri can be summoned if you've met the Three Fingers. After reducing Godfrey to about 50% health, he turns into Hoarah Loux, Warrior, and defeating him nets you the Remembrance of Hoarah Loux.
Interact with the Elden Throne Site of Grace that spawned, and head up the stairs to the southeast. Touching the golden light at the top teleports you to the final two bosses of the game, the first of which is Radagon of the Golden Order. Defeat him, and the next phase against the Elden Beast starts immediately after the transitional cutscene. Defeat them both to be rewarded the Elden Remembrance. After the dust has settled, activate the Fractured Marika Site of Grace so that you can return later.
Provided Ranni's quest line has been completed, after defeating the Elden Beast, a blue summon sign will appear on the ground near Marika's broken remains. The player can interact with this summon sign (instead of interacting with Marika's remains) to acquire the "Age of the Stars" ending. Doing so will also unlock a related game achievement/trophy. Otherwise, interact with the fractured remains of Marika to commence other possible endings. If the player has been branded by Three Fingers, no endings other than Lord of Frenzied Flame will be possible unless the player has permanently removed the frenzy by using the Miquella's Needle while standing in the boss arena of Dragonlord Placidusax. (See Endings page for more information)
After the credits roll, you have the option to immediately begin New Game Plus. You can decline this and the game will place you in the Roundtable Hold, where you can proceed to explore the rest of the world, and initiate your next Journey at will.
Elden Ring Leyndell, Ashen Capital Maps and Notes
- You will not be able to access Leyndell, Royal Capital until NG+ after getting to this point. In order to be summoned into Leyndell, Royal Capital after your own world is made ashen, you need to put your sign down by the Capital Rampart grace in the hallway before the elevator. In order to summon for Morgott The Omen King the summoned person must use their Small Golden Effigy and they must have interacted with the effigy near Morgott's fog wall before the capital was made ashen.
- Things that change once Leyndell is covered in ash:
- You lose access to everything that would have been obtained in Leyndell, with exception to the items you can find around the Erdtree Sanctuary building. You can still obtain the Golden Order Principia, Erdtree Bow, and the Celestial Dew, if you haven't already gotten them. The Subterranean Shunning-Grounds, and everything below it, remains unchanged.
- You lose access to the legendary weapon Bolt of Gransax. If it is not collected you will lose the opportunity to get the Legendary Armaments achievement for this playthrough.
- You can no longer obtain the Duelist Set and Guardian Garb (Full Bloom) since the Duelists and Full Bloom Guardians no longer appear in the Ashen Capital.
- All Sites of Grace disappear from the Capital, as it is replaced with a new area.
- Gideon Ofnir leaves the Roundtable Hold. Any unclaimed rewards that you would have gotten from speaking to him after discovering Mohgwyn Palace and Miquella's Haligtree, or from defeating Mohgwyn, Lord of Blood and Malenia, Blade of Miquella, can be purchased at the Twin Maiden Husks in the Roundtable Hold.
- The sending gate in the Deeproot Depths that would normally transport you to the entrance to Leyndell becomes inactive.
- If you need to access the Isolated Divine Tower, the transporter trap at the Tower of Return will warp you to the Divine Bridge Site of Grace that gives you access to the sending gate. You cannot descend to the Fortified Manor from here, as the lever to call the lift becomes inactive.
- The Capital Outskirts and everything beyond will not change. You can enter Leyndell, Ashen Capital from the Capital Rampart Site of Grace.
- Boc the Seamster will remain in his usual spot, provided his quest has progressed correctly. If he is not there, try reloading the area.