Loretta, Knight of the Haligtree
|Drops||200,000 Runes (NG)
50,000 Runes (NG, Co-op Phantom)
150,000 Runes (NG, Co-op Host)
400,000 Runes (NG+1)
440,000 Runes (NG+3)
Loretta's War Sickle
Loretta, Knight of the Haligtree is a Greater Foe Boss in Elden Ring. This proud knight was previously in service to the Carian royal family. This is an optional boss as players don't need to defeat her to advance in Elden Ring, though they do need to defeat her to reach Elphael, Brace of the Haligtree and face Malenia, Blade of Miquella.
See also Royal Knight Loretta.
At some point, Loretta set out on a journey to find a safe haven for the Albinauric people, until she finally came across Miquella's Haligtree. She is rumored to be an Albinauric herself. The blue glintstone of the war sickle she was given for being the personal guard of the Carian family has been replaced with the unalloyed gold often attributed to the young god Miquella.
Loretta, once a royal Carian Knight, went on a journey in search of a haven for Albinaurics, and determined that the Haligtree was their best chance for eventual salvation.
Elden Ring Loretta, Knight of the Haligtree Boss
- Not optional for Blessing of Despair ending, optional for other.
- Closest Site of Grace: Haligtree Town
- Multiplayer is allowed for this boss
- You can summon Spirit Ashes for this boss
Elden Ring Loretta, Knight of the Haligtree Location
The first time you meet Royal Knight Loretta, you'll have to come from the Haligtree Town Plaza Site of Grace. Head southeast along the rooftops. After the roof with the Rotten Putrid Corpses, drop down to the lower level and head into the door in front of you. Turn east and head out across a wooden bridge, then double back northwest across another bridge to open the shortcut back to the Haligtree Town Site of Grace.
From the Haligtree Town Site of Grace, head southeast to the elevator down to the 2nd lower level. Head across the wooden bridge, head around the gazebo, and cross the bridge to the northeast. Loretta is through the large gateway just past this bridge. [Map Link]
Loretta, Knight of the Haligtree Combat information
- Health: 13,397 HP
- Defense: 122
- Stance: 80
- Parryable: Yes
- Immune to critical attacks. Breaking its stance or parrying it will only stun it briefly
- Damage: Standard, Strike, Pierce, Magic
- Drops 200,000, Loretta's Mastery, Loretta's War Sickle
- See Royal Knight Loretta for a full boss guide
Negations (or Absorptions)
The negation numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example, if a negation is 60, 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% will be negated. Bigger number = less damage. A negation of 100 means no damage goes through, and a negation of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers are the buildup amount to trigger it. For example, if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of the given buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs. The values after the "/"s indicate the increased resistances after each successive proc.
NG+ and Beyond (click to reveal)
|Poison||399 / 497 / 787 / 1244||399 / 497 / 787 / 1244||404 / 502 / 792 / 1249||410 / 508 / 798 / 1255||416 / 514 / 804 / 1261||422 / 520 / 810 / 1267||428 / 526 / 816 / 1273||434 / 532 / 822 / 1279|
|Scarlet Rot||399 / 497 / 787 / 1244||399 / 497 / 787 / 1244||404 / 502 / 792 / 1249||410 / 508 / 798 / 1255||416 / 514 / 804 / 1261||422 / 520 / 810 / 1267||428 / 526 / 816 / 1273||434 / 532 / 822 / 1279|
|Hemorrhage||653 / 943 / 1400||653 / 943 / 1400||662 / 952 / 1409||672 / 962 / 1419||682 / 972 / 1429||692 / 982 / 1439||701 / 991 / 1448||711 / 1001 / 1458|
|Frostbite||653 / 943 / 1400||653 / 943 / 1400||662 / 952 / 1409||672 / 962 / 1419||682 / 972 / 1429||692 / 982 / 1439||701 / 991 / 1448||711 / 1001 / 1458|
|Sleep||399 / 497 / 787 / 1244||399 / 497 / 787 / 1244||404 / 502 / 792 / 1249||410 / 508 / 798 / 1255||416 / 514 / 804 / 1261||422 / 520 / 810 / 1267||428 / 526 / 816 / 1273||434 / 532 / 822 / 1279|
Elden Ring Loretta, Knight of the Haligtree Boss Guide
Additional Fight Strategy
The Best Tips for Loretta, Knight of the Haligtree:
- Pair Barrier of Gold with Spelldrake Talisman (+2) to limit the damage her spells can deal
- Use Spell Parrying to counteract Loretta's Greatbow in Phase 1
- Fully charged Ancient Lightning Spear (skill related to Bolt of Gransax) breaks her attacks, Loretta Mastery included.
Additional Attacks & Counters
|Loretta, Knight of the Haligtree shares most of her attacks and counters with Royal Knight Loretta, with some differences:|
|Leap Duo||Uses this attack even above 80% health||See Royal Knight Loretta|
|Loretta's Greatbow||Uses this attack in Phase 1 as well
Phase 2: Fires four arrows in a vertical formation that converge on your position, but only once every 20 seconds
|See Royal Knight Loretta. Spell parrying the Phase 2 version is not advisable, since it'll only get rid of one of the four arrows|
|Loretta’s Slash||Pulls her sickle behind her left shoulder and imbues it with magic as her horse rears, then swings it twice counterclockwise before jumping into the air and slamming it down in front of her||Run backwards when you see her begin this attack and you can easily avoid the first two swings, then roll forward when the horse touches the ground and get in some hits during the long recovery|
Loretta, Knight of the Haligtree Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- According to the Silver Mirrorshield, an "absurd" rumor persists that she might be an Albinauric (more specifically a First-Generation Albinauric)herself, not just a savior and guid to them. Naturally the language employed in the description is meant to make the reader wonder if there is some truth to this rumor. Especially considering Loretta's features and skin color is always obscured. She does share some similarities to them, such as being a female warrior, proficiency with the bow, riding a steed and wearing silver/blue armor. Albinaurics are also capable of Glintstone Sorcery and are seen in the employ of the Carian Royals. However, Loretta bleeds red and and not silver in her in-person boss battle
- Metatextually, Loretta's lore seems to be inspired by the tale of Moses, who led the persecuted Hebrews of Egypt into a promised land across the sea, similar to how Loretta lead the persecuted Albinaurics to the Consecrated Snowfield across the mountians.
- Loretta, Knight of the Haligtree makes the same grunting sounds as a Tree Sentinel. This is likely an oversight, as they share almost all of the same melee moves. It is fitting, though, considering she is guarding her own Tree.
- Loretta was a former Carian Knight, which explains her spirit version in Caria Manor. She eventually left to search for a sanctuary for the Albinaurics, and eventually entered Miquella’s service, tasked with guarding the Haligtree from intruders. She even replaced the glintstone in her weapon with unalloyed gold, further cementing her loyalty. She also adds a golden crest to the helmet of her Royal Knight armor, which bears the likeness of the Hailigtree.
Loretta, Knight of the Haligtree Image Gallery