Empty ashes of war, devoid of any memories of battle.
Unable to apply any kind of affinity in their current state, but can be used by Smithing Master Hewg of the Roundtable Hold to recreate other ashes.
Thus does the copy pass into becoming the genuine article.
Lost Ashes of War Location in Elden Ring
Where to find Lost Ashes of War:
- One can be purchased from the Isolated Merchant Weeping Peninsula for 3000. He can be found in his shack at the very west of the Weeping Peninsula. [Map Link]
- One can be purchased from the Isolated Merchant Raya Lucaria for 4000. From the Main Academy Gate site of grace, walk through the blue seal down the hill to the east, then south.
- One can be found at the bottom of the water wheel lift on top of the cliff in Raya Lucaria Academy near the Schoolhouse Classroom Site of Grace. (After riding the lift down, jump up the crystals to the west.)
- One can be purchased from the Hermit Merchant Ainsel River for 3000. [Map Link]
- Two can be purchased from the Isolated Merchant Dragonbarrow for 5,000 each. [Map Link]
- Found in Sellia Hideaway, at the bottom of the first large open cavern with giant purple crystals that the player traverses on. It will be on a corpse. Be wary of the Revenant down here guarding it and other items. [Map Link]
- Ruin-Strewn Precipice: Within the area with 2 Chanting Winged Dames. Look for the ledge behind the wooden platform. [Map Link]
- One can be found in the first chest past Skeletal Militiaman in Sage's Cave in Altus Plateau.
- One can be found by the locked northwestern gate outside Leyndell. [Map Link]
- One can be found in Leyndell slums' sewer tunnels (not Subterranean Shunning-Grounds). Past some rats and small hand enemies, at the end of a long straight otherwise empty tunnel that has the Lost Ashes of War and a wall-clung Fingercreeper enemy guarding it.
- Subterranean Shunning-Grounds: One is found on a corpse outside Dung Eater's cell beneath the Royal Capital. Beware the Spider Hand that emerges as you collect the item. [Map Link]
- One can be found on a corpse on the narrow ridge in the Mountaintops of The Giants after the whip enemy. [Map Link]
- One can be purchased from the Imprisoned Merchant inside the Mohgwyn Dynasty Mausoleum for 5,000. [Map Link]
- One can be found on a corpse slumped over in front of a statue in Miquella's Haligtree canopy. [Map Link]
- Video Location
- Video Location Leyndell
Lost Ashes of War Elden Ring Guide
- Lost Ashes of War can be used to duplicate Ashes of War
- It does not provide any kind of affinity by itself.
- Players need to take it to Smithing Master Hewg of the Roundtable Hold to duplicate other Ashes of War
Elden Ring Lost Ashes of War Notes & Tips
- Cannot be dropped for Player Trade.
- Notes and player tips go here