An old sorcery of the Carian Royal Family.
Creates a sigil overhead, from which an enemy-seeking glintblade appears after a brief delay. This sorcery can be used while in motion. Charging increases the delay.
Said to be the prototype of the sword-phalanx soerceries wielded by royal enchanted knights
Where to find Magic Glintblade
- Starting Equipment for the Prisoner Class.
- Can be purchased from Miriel, Pastor of Vows at the Church of Vows for 3,000 Runes. [Map Link].
Elden Ring Magic Glintblade Guide
- Boosted by Carian Glintblade Staff.
- Stamina Cost: 22.
- Deals magic damage
- Holding the input to cast Magic Glintblade will increase the damage. However, this both increases the initial casting time, as well as the time it takes for the spell to fire.
- A full charged cast can be followed up by a cast without a charge and they will hit at roughly the same time.
- Magic Glintblade can be very useful to cheese many types of ranged enemies. Most enemies will fire their projectiles for center mass. This sorcery, however, fires from above the caster. This allows you to cast over barriers that can block enemy projectiles while not impeding your own, such as guard rails, barricades, and walls.
- This is particularly useful against difficult range targets, such as Preceptor Miriam.
- The stamina cost for casting Magic Glintblade is applied at the time of the initial cast, but it won't begin costing stamina if you cast it several times in a row before entering combat. You can take advantage of this to rapidly queue up several without issue.
- This spell is a suitable alternative to Ambush Shard for dealing with shielded enemies, particularly those that move slowly. Queuing up one or more of the spells and then rotating positions around the target will cause them to turn and expose their back.
- Back-pedaling is also effective for some speedier enemies, as they will generally move beyond the sigil that will release the glintblade and be hit in the back.
- Magic Glintblade is excellent for killing NPC Invaders and other enemies that dodge, because they dodge when the spell finishes casting and not when the blade fires, and usually get hit by the spell.
- Note: As of Patch 1.07, Poise damage, Attack power, and Stamina Attack Power against guarded enemies when charged has been Increased.
Builds with Magic Glintblade
Elden Ring Magic Glintblade Note and Tips
- Updated to patch 1.07. See Patch Notes for details.
- Other notes and player tips go here.