|Effect||Determines how many Sorceries or Incantations players can have ready to cast at one time|
Memory Slots is a Base Stat in Elden Ring representing the number of slots available for memorizing Sorceries and Incantations. Memorizing Spells can be done while resting at any Sites of Grace. Certain spells cost more than a single Memory Slot to memorize.
How to Increases Memory Slots in Elden Ring
All Classes begin the game with 2 Memory Slots.
Memory Stone are a Key Item which, when held, passively increases Memory Slots by 1.
- Players can hold up to 8 Memory Stones.
Moon of Nokstella is a Talisman which, when equipped, increases Memory Slots by 2.
Elden Ring Memory Slots Notes & Tips
How do I put stuff in my Memory Slot Elden Ring?
- After having your desired Equipped Spells or Magic, the first step is to rest at a Site of Grace where you will have a few additional options besides resting at this spot. Choose to Memorize Spell to bring up a menu with your Sorceries and Incantations. From here this will also display your current Memory Slots, Empty Slots and FP. The Slots at the top display your Memory Slots. Select one of the slots then choose which spell you will like to equip into that memory slot. Make sure that you meet the requirements and conditions for the Spells you select to memorize. You may now see these equipped spells from the quick access menu and switch your items here with the designated button depending on the platform you play on. Once selected, attack to use the spell. You may need to press and hold down your attack button until the action successfully activates. This will then successfully deploy the spell and drain some of your FP
Step by Step
- Gain Memory Slots from Memory Stones
- Rest at a Site of Grace
- Memorize Spell
- Equip your spell to use Memory Slot
How to gain Memory Stones for Memory Slots Elden Ring?
Memory Stones can be found in multiple Locations and can sometimes be purchased from Merchants in the game. To view all information and Locations on Memory Stones, view the Memory Stones page here or follow the Locations listed below.
- Found in a chest at the top of Oridys's Rise in Weeping Peninsula. [Map Link]
- Note: Oridys's Rise involves a challenge before the tower can be accessed. See the Oridys's Rise page for details.
- Found in a chest on the top floor of the Converted Tower in western Liurnia of the Lakes. [Map Link]
- Note: Converted Tower involves a challenge before the tower can be accessed. See the Converted Tower page for details.
- Dropped by the Red Wolf of Radagon at Raya Lucaria Academy. [Map Link]
- Found in a chest at the top floor of Testu's Rise in northern Liurnia of the Lakes. [Map Link]
- Note: Testu's Rise involves a challenge before the tower can be accessed. See the Testu's Rise page for details.
- Found in a chest on the top floor of Seluvis's Rise in the Three Sisters sub-region. [Map Link]
- Dropped by Demi-Human Queen Maggie, an optional boss in the northeast of Hermit Village in Mt. Gelmir. [Map Link]
- Found in a chest at the top floor of Lenne's Rise in eastern Caelid. [Map Link]
- Note: Entering Lenne's Rise requires jumping onto the open balcony from the Spiritspring south of the tower.
Where to purchase:
- Purchasable from Twin Maiden Husks at the Roundtable Hold for 3,000 Runes.
Other Memory Slot Notes
- With 8 Memory Stones and the Moon of Nokstella, it is possible to have 10 additional Memory Slots for a maximum of 12.
- Memory Stones are a departure from Dark Souls 3's Attunement stat which was a combination of both FP and Memory Slots.
Join the page discussion Register to EDIT the Wiki!
Really wish these were part of the MND stat.
Word of the advice. If you double tap and hold the up D-pad, you'll skip back the first spell slot.
"You think 10 slots is a lot until you run a faith build"
Yep. Yeah I feel that. I want to have my black flames, my lightning, my heal, my buff, my regen, and my debuffs! But I can't! >:C
Horrible choice, should have been tied to attunement, with the end result being way more than 12 slots.
"With a total of 8 Memory Stones and an equipped Moon of Nokstella, players can have up to 12 Memory Slots."
How does 8 + 2 equal 12?
But where can I find my memory slots?… not stones but slots
It would be cool if we could turn memory slots into something useful, as a non-casting character. Convert memory slots into some kind of stat. Shouldn't be too powerful, though.
12 slots seems like a lot until you try playing as an INT/FTH hybrid....
is it 12 max with moon of Nokstella or can you bump ot up to 14 with moon?
The Moon of Nokstell also increases memory slots
This doesn't tell me how to equip a new memory stone...
Can I get all the memory stones again on journey 2?
The memory stones are only for memory slots. They do not apply to weapons.
What's the Base amount of memory slots? and is it the same for all classes?
Is there a memory slot cap?
No mention of the Moon of Nokstella? Okay. The Moon of Nokstella talisman gives 2 extra memory slots.
Remember to level up your Mind status to the point one Maxed Cerulean Flask restones it fully. Anymore is a waste of points considering we get this to upgrade our magic slots.
This doesn't tell me what those memory slots on weapons actually do , I have these weapons that show memory slots on the bottom, if you don't have the right requirements for this spells it won't let you use the weapon , but it still doesn't tell me what they actually do on the melee weapons or bows I see them on .. care to explain me what these memory slots do with the weapon ? Since I can't see any difference
This is a change from DS3 I really like. To even get 4 slots in DS3, you'd have to invest quite a bit into mind...
Memory Slots can be increased by finding memory stones, 1 is sold for 3000 by Twin Maiden Husks npc at Table of Lost Grace
Just to let you all know, that due to new infomation from the outlets that have had hands-on gameplay with the final build of the game, have stated that (Memory Slots) can be increased by (Finding Item: not known yet) out in the world.
is there any information on what increases memory slots? it didn't scale with any stats in the network test so I'm wondering how you're supposed to increase memory slots