Memory Slots is a Base Stat in Elden Ring representing the number of slots available for memorizing Sorceries and Incantations. Memorizing Spells can be done while resting at any Sites of Grace. Certain spells cost more than a single Memory Slot to memorize.
How to Increases Memory Slots in Elden Ring
All Classes begin the game with 2 Memory Slots.
- Players can hold up to 8 Memory Stones.
Elden Ring Memory Slots Notes & Tips
How do I put stuff in my Memory Slot Elden Ring?
- After having your desired Equipped Spells or Magic, the first step is to rest at a Site of Grace where you will have a few additional options besides resting at this spot. Choose to Memorize Spell to bring up a menu with your Sorceries and Incantations. From here this will also display your current Memory Slots, Empty Slots and FP. The Slots at the top display your Memory Slots. Select one of the slots then choose which spell you will like to equip into that memory slot. Make sure that you meet the requirements and conditions for the Spells you select to memorize. You may now see these equipped spells from the quick access menu and switch your items here with the designated button depending on the platform you play on. Once selected, attack to use the spell. You may need to press and hold down your attack button until the action successfully activates. This will then successfully deploy the spell and drain some of your FP
Step by Step
- Gain Memory Slots from Memory Stones
- Rest at a Site of Grace
- Memorize Spell
- Equip your spell to use Memory Slot
How to gain Memory Stones for Memory Slots Elden Ring?
Memory Stones can be found in multiple Locations and can sometimes be purchased from Merchants in the game. To view all information and Locations on Memory Stones, view the Memory Stones page here or follow the Locations listed below.
- Found in a chest at the top of Oridys's Rise in Weeping Peninsula. [Map Link]
- Note: Oridys's Rise involves a challenge before the tower can be accessed. See the Oridys's Rise page for details.
- Found in a chest on the top floor of the Converted Tower in western Liurnia of the Lakes. [Map Link]
- Note: Converted Tower involves a challenge before the tower can be accessed. See the Converted Tower page for details.
- Dropped by the Red Wolf of Radagon at Raya Lucaria Academy. [Map Link]
- Found in a chest at the top floor of Testu's Rise in northern Liurnia of the Lakes. [Map Link]
- Note: Testu's Rise involves a challenge before the tower can be accessed. See the Testu's Rise page for details.
- Found in a chest on the top floor of Seluvis's Rise in the Three Sisters sub-region. [Map Link]
- Dropped by Demi-Human Queen Maggie, an optional boss in the northeast of Hermit Village in Mt. Gelmir. [Map Link]
- Found in a chest at the top floor of Lenne's Rise in eastern Caelid. [Map Link]
- Note: Entering Lenne's Rise requires jumping onto the open balcony from the Spiritspring south of the tower.
Where to purchase:
Other Memory Slot Notes
- With 8 Memory Stones and the Moon of Nokstella, it is possible to have 10 additional Memory Slots for a maximum of 12.
- Memory Stones are a departure from Dark Souls 3's Attunement stat which was a combination of both FP and Memory Slots.