|Location||Church of the Plague|
|Role||Quest NPC and Summonable Cooperator|
|Voiced by||Allegra Marland|
Millicent is an NPC in Elden Ring with a quest line that players can complete in order to gain some valuable items. Millicent is a young woman stricken with an incurable case of Scarlet Rot. Gowry will send players to look for her in an attempt to cure her of Scarlet Rot. Progress through her questline in order to unlock her as an NPC Summon Cooperator during specific boss battles.
Millicent can also be encountered as an NPC Invader. She will invade the player in the Swamp of Aeonia at all times of the day. She has light armor and appears to use a Shamshir, but with the Waterfowl Dance skill, the same as Malenia.
I would rather trust you than simply continue to spoil from within.
Millicent Location in Elden Ring
- Millicent can initially be found at Church of the Plague, around the northeast direction from Gowry's Shack. You need to light the first two braziers in Sellia, Town of Sorcery, then progress up the stairs north towards the Sellia Backstreets site of grace; the first two braziers unlock the barrier. Then go up the mountain towards the Church of the Plague, and she'll be next to the site of grace. [Map link]
- After giving her the Unalloyed Gold Needle, she will move on to Gowry's Shack. [Map link]
- Millicent can also be found in southern Altus Plateau. [Map link]
- After Godskin Apostle is defeated, Millicent can be found near the newly visible grace at the northern end of Windmill Village. [Map link]
- This NPC moves.
- This NPC can be fought.
- If defeated as an NPC, drops: 6,000 runes, Millicent's Prosthesis (after she moved to the Windmill Village).
- Millicent appears as an NPC Invader, in the southeast of the Swamp of Aeonia, near the geysers and the Commander O'Neil boss fight. [Map link]
- If defeated as an invader, drops: Sacramental Bud x5, Golden Rune , Golden Rune , Golden Rune , and 316 Runes.
NPC Summon Boss Fights:
- Magma Wyrm Makar: Available once you've given her the Unalloyed Gold Needle and she's decided to go on a journey, and tried to pay Gowry a visit.
- Godskin Apostle: You can summon Millicent for this boss, after giving her the Valkyrie's Prosthesis
- Draconic Tree Sentinel: You can summon Millicent for this boss, after giving her the Valkyrie's Prosthesis, and defeating the Godskin Apostle in Windmill Village.
- Black Blade Kindred: Advance in her questline until you defeat Godskin Apostle in Windmill Village, and her summon sign will be available north of the Statue of Marika in the Forbidden Lands.
- Does not appear as a summon for Commander Niall, despite her dialogue stating that she would be heading toward him.
Millicent Questline: How to complete Millicent's Quest
Millicent has a questline related to Gowry, but also appears as an NPC Invader at the Aeonia Swamp. The quest can be completed after reaching the Haligtree Roots site of grace, and can still be completed after defeating Malenia. The quest can be done quickly if the player defeats the bosses or otherwise obtains the quest items before exhausting dialogue.
- Speak with Gowry in his shack and he will ask for a favor. He wants help to heal a young girl, Millicent, found beyond Sellia, who has been infected with Scarlet Rot. To do this, he will ask you to seek an Unalloyed Gold Needle, which is dropped by Commander O'Neil, located in the Swamp of Aeonia. In return, he will share the secrets of the town of Sellia.
- Give the Unalloyed Gold Needle to Gowry. He'll need some time to repair the needle and will give you Sellia's Secret. Speaking to Gowry and accepting his quest will unlock Polyanna, Adopted Daughter's summon sign, north of O'Neil's battle arena.
- Warp to a nearby site of grace or quit the game to reload, and he'll give you the repaired needle.
- Bring the needle to Millicent at the Church of the Plague. You may need to complete the puzzle in Sellia, Town of Sorcery to open the path uphill. Or, coming from Dragonbarrow, jump down a Spirit Spring to the north of the Church.
- After Millicent uses the needle, rest at the nearby site of grace, then exhaust her dialogue. She will gift you the Prosthesis-Wearer Heirloom. Upon reloading the area, she will have moved to Gowry's shack.
- Return to Gowry's shack to find him gone, but Millicent there. Exhaust her dialogue. Reload the area, and Millicent will move, and Gowry will return. You can now purchase spells from him.
- Millicent will now be located just northeast of the Erdtree-Gazing Hill site of grace in Altus Plateau, standing near the edge of the cliff. [Map Link].
- Go to Dominula, Windmill Village, and defeat the Godskin Apostle. After giving Millicent the Prosthesis, her summon sign will appear at the base of the hill northwest of the Stake of Marika.
- After defeating the Apostle, rest at the Windmill Heights site of grace, and she will appear next to it. Exhaust her dialogue to continue the quest. [Map Link]
- Millicent can be summoned to fight the Black Blade Kindred boss in Forbidden Lands, even before defeating the Godskin Apostle.
- Millicent will move to the Ancient Snow Valley Ruins site of grace in Mountaintops of the Giants. Exhaust her dialogue to continue. [Map link]
- If Millicent does not appear at the site of grace, try returning to the Windmill Heights again and see if she's there, and if so, exhaust her dialogue there.
- Millicent will move to the Prayer Room site of grace in Elphael, Brace of the Haligtree. She will not move from this spot until the player has defeated the nearby Ulcerated Tree Spirit mini-boss. To reach the mini-boss, go to the Drainage Channel site of grace, go west through the doorway, climb up the ladder at the end of the corridor, and go out the doorway on your right at the top. The mini-boss is at the landmass across the gap to the left. To reach it, go up the slope on the right and walk across the tree branch, heading southwest across the gap. [Map link]
- Once the player has defeated the mini-boss, there will be two summon signs near where the mini-boss used to be. Specifically, on the northwest hill around the lake. The player can either:
- Be summoned into her world and help fight four NPC Invaders called Millicent's Sisters, granting you the Rotten Winged Sword Insignia upon completion.
- Be summoned as an invader in order to challenge her, granting you Millicent's Prosthesis upon completion, but not the Unalloyed Gold Needle.
- If the player chose to help Millicent, they can find her near where her summoning sign was, sitting by the rotten pool. Exhaust all of her dialogue, then reload the area. The Unalloyed Gold Needle is on the ground.
- If you return to Gowry, and he will talk about Malenia and Millicent's connection. You will no longer be able to purchase from the Sage.
- Nggh... Who's there? Well, it matters not. If you are wise, you will leave, immediately. My flesh writhes with scarlet rot. It is a curse. Not to be meddled with by man.
Upon giving her the Unalloyed Gold Needle
- You ask that I stab myself with the needle... To quell the scarlet rot? But...how? ... Never mind. I've decided. I would rather trust you, than simply continue to spoil from within. Would you mind...averting your eyes for a moment? Well. That was easier than expected. But...why do I feel so...
Upon reloading area
- I...hoped to see you again. My apologies for when last we met. I fainted before I could even thank you. Everything is as you said. Since inserting the needle, the scarlet rot has ceased to writhe. Even the nightmares have abated... And now, thought I can scarcely believe it myself, I can move as I please. It is all thanks to you. Not that I could every truly repay you, but I would like you to have this, by way of thanks. A token, though it is.
Attacking her after giving her the Unalloyed Gold Needle
- (Warning) Ugh. Is there something wrong? Please, cease this at once.
- (Combat) Why are you doing this? Now you've forced my hand.
- (On player kill) I will not forget what you did for me. But this day marks our farewell.
After receiving the Prosthesis-Wearer Heirloom
- I'm considering leaving. On a journey. With the needle buried in my flesh, I've started to recall, but dimly... My destiny... My name is Millicent. I pray fate permits us meet again.
At Gowry's Shack
- Oh, hello again. Something about this place felt familiar to me. So I decided to pay a visit, hoping to find someone here. But I've only found emptiness. Perhaps before my departure, I needed someone to say farewell to. I must focus on my journey, for which I have you to thank.
- I must stay strong. I must focus on my journey, for which I have you to thank.
North of the Erdtree-Gazing Hill Grace on the Altus Plateau
- Ah. We meet again. In truth, it's been smooth sailing, for me. The scarlet rot has stilled, since last we met. As such, I've been able to continue my journey. I realise that if I still had my sword arm, I could have aided you in battle.
- Now, I'm tracing the path Malenia took, after unleashing the power of the scarlet rot, during her battle with General Radahn, in the Caelid Wilds. I should like to meet her, this vanished woman. I think she's in the north. In the lands that lie beyond the Erdtree.
After giving her the Valkyrie's Prosthesis
- Giving me this arm? I thank you. I am in your debt, yet again. I think, if the arm serves well enough, it might be possible for me to wield a sword again.
- If the arm serves well enough, it might be possible for me to wield a sword again. Perhaps, then. I can aid you in battle.
Near the Windmill Heights Grace on the Altus Plateau
- Ah, we meet yet again. The arm you gave me truly is a thing of wonder. It feels just like my own, even handling a sword. Perhaps it is foolish to say this to you of all people, but I am sure of my skill with the sword. Thus, I would have you call upon me in battle, should you ever have the need. It is the only way that I can express my thanks.
Near the Ancient Snow Valley Ruins Grace at Mountaintops of the Giants
- To think we'd meet in such a place... What could your purpose possibly... No, I know well enough who you are, and what I know is good enough for me. Call upon me again in battle, should you have the need.
- I'm searching for a fort to the north of the ruins. I heard the master of the fort was given a medallion that allowed him to visit the Haligtree. Indeed, I believe that is where Malenia will be found. The Haligtree is hidden somewhere in these Northern lands.
Near the Prayer Room Grace at Elphael, Brace of the Haligtree
- Again we meet. I can only surmise our purposes are aligned. In which case, allow me to explain myself. I am of Malenia's blood. But in what capacity I know not. I could be sister, daughter, or an offshoot... Whatever the case though, I am certain of a kinship between us.
- There is something I must return to Malenia. The will that was once her own. The dignity, the sense of self, that allowed her to resist the call of the scarlet rot. The pride she abandoned, to meet Radahn's measure.
After choosing to help Millicent at the end of her questline, laying by the pool near where her summoning sign was
- Thank you for lending your hand. Without your help, I could not have defeated that quartet. I feel as if I've been in your debt from beginning to end. Thank you. With your help, I was able to live as my own person, if only in passing.
- But this is where things end. I pause to even tell you, but... I took out the needle myself. Tell whoever put you up to this. That if I am to flower into something other than myself, I would rather rot into nothingness as I am.
- Please, let me pass alone. The scarlet rot writhes now, worse than ever. Soon, I won't be more than a mound of flesh. Curse-laden. Untouchable. I wouldn't want such a thing to bring you harm.
Killing Millicent at the end of her questline in Elphael, Brace of the Haligtree before reloading the area
- I did not expect it to end like this. But I will not forget what you have done.
After choosing to challenge Millicent
- Ahh, how could you... Is this your true heart? Was I... was it all...for this?
Millicent Notes & Trivia
- In combat, Millicent wields a unique version of the Shamshir that has the Waterfowl Dance skill, which is normally only found on the Hand of Malenia. Before she receives the prosthesis, she uses it in her left hand, never two-handing it or doing anything else that would involve her right arm, and she won't use its skill either.
- When fighting her as an invader in the swamp, it is recommended to use Flame, Cleanse Me or Preserving Boluses to cleanse the Scarlet Rot.
- The name "Millicent" comes from the old Germanic name Amalasuintha, composed of the words "Amal" which means "work" or "labor" and "Swinth", which means "strong". Alternatively, the French variation, Mélisande, means "brave strength". This fits directly back into Millicent's character, who despite being heavily afflicted with the Scarlet Rot and lacking an arm, is able to travel from Caelid all the way to the Haligtree almost on her own, requiring only some assistance from the player.