|Location||Nokron, Eternal City
Hidden Path to the Haligtree
Nokron, Eternal City:
Hidden Path to the Haligtree:
|HP||≈ 19,536 (GREAT ENEMY)|
All Physical Attacks
Mimic Tear (known as Stray Mimic Tear during fight at Hidden Path to the Haligtree) is a Boss in Elden Ring. This Elden Ring Mimic Tear Guide features boss locations, tips, strategies and videos on how to defeat the Mimic Tear easily, as well as boss stats and lore for the Mimic Tear.
The Mimic Tear is found in Nokron, Eternal City and the Hidden Path to the Haligtree. Its fight is a mirror match as the boss copies your equipment and appearance when fighting you. Mimic Tears are special kinds of Silver Tears that can completely mimic their opponent. They were created by the people of the Eternal Cities, and Mimic Tears in particular were created in an attempt to forge a lord.
This is an optional boss, as players don't need to defeat it in order to advance in Elden Ring. However, doing so yields useful Items and Runes. Take note of all the Weapons and Spells you have equipped when spawning the boss in - these are the exact same weapons and spells you'll find yourself faced against. With this in mind, it's possible to unequip all your equipment and spells before the fight starts to force the Mimic Tear to fight with its bare fists. Re-equipping them during the boss fight will not re-equip them for the Mimic Tear. It drops the Silver Tear Mask or Blackflame Monk Amon Ashes when defeated.
A Mimic Tear can be summoned as a spirit for aid in battle by using the Mimic Tear Ashes.
Those of the Eternal City have created a special type of Silver Tear, capable of completely mimicking its opponent, along with any spells, skills and armaments they have.
Elden Ring Mimic Tear Boss
Mimic Tear initially spawns in as a Silver Tear, then transforms into your character, having the same equipped armor, weapons and spells to fight.
- Mimic Tear is mandatory for at least one ending.
- Stray Mimic Tear is an optional boss, no matter the ending desired.
- Mimic Tear is a Great Enemy-class Boss
- Closest Site of Grace: Nokron, Eternal City. [Elden Ring Map Link]; Hidden Path to the Haligtree [Elden Ring Map Link]
- Multiplayer is allowed for this boss
- You can summon Spirit Ashes for this boss
Elden Ring Mimic Tear Location
The Mimic Tear boss is encountered in multiple locations:
- Mimic Tear can be found behind a mist door to a temple ruin in Nokron, Eternal City. It doesn't attack immediately, but transforms when you approach the it in the middle of the ruin. See it on the Elden Ring Map Here.
- One is encountered as the Stray Mimic Tear in the secret catacombs under the Hidden Path to the Haligtree. See the location's page for details on how to reach the boss. Despite the slightly different name, this boss functions much the same way as the Mimic Tear. See it on the Elden Ring Map Here.
Mimic Tear Combat Information
- Health: NG (??), NG+ (??), NG++ (8250), NG+3 (??), NG+4 (??), NG+5 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+7 (??)
- Damage type: It depends (same applies to Status Effects)
- Parriable: It depends on the weapon it uses.
- With specific equipment it can perform a parry, use equipment or Ash of War.
- It is possible to guard break Mimic Tear, what allows to perform a riposte.
- Armor worn during entering boss fight arena affects the boss Absorption.
- Example: Deaths poker dealt 161 damage to Mimic with Lionel Set (exluding armor)/Pumpkin helm and 244 to Mimic without any armor.
- Can heal 1 time.
- Can be backstabbed
- Can't be poise broken, but can be staggered like any player in PvP.
The absorption numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example if an absorption is 60. 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% is absorbed. Bigger number= less damage. An absorption of 100 means no damage goes through, and a resistance of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers is the buildup amount to trigger it. For example if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of whatever aux buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs.
Elden Ring Mimic Tear Boss Guide
Mimic Tear Boss Video Guide
[video coming soon]
Mimic Tear Fight Strategy
The Best Tips for Mimic Tear:
- Use the Lone Wolf Ashes Ash Summons or any Ashes if having difficulty
- Keep in mind that whatever build and equipment you choose to proceed with during this encounter will be mirrored. This will include the Armor, Weapons, Consumables, and Spells you are actively using.
- Unequip armors and weapons you have so the the Mimic will appear with nothing once you enter the arena, then after going through the yellow mist, you can start equipping your weapons and quickly make work of this boss fight.
- Like any human encounter, Status Effects are very effective.
Strategy: You could unequip your main weapon and catalyst/staff, the boss will have only their fists to attack you with. Then, spam your strongest poise breaking attack or backstab him for maximum damage. The Mimic Tear will then only transform when you approach close enough. If in co-op, this means you can keep a distance while another player focuses on clearing it.
Without this method, this fight strategy will vary since the Mimic Tear is essentially a copy of you. You will have to keep in mind what your build is and fight according to your own weakness. Any healing items will also apply to the mimic tear so be mindful when distancing yourself as well.
Magic and Ranged Users
For Ranged Users, the strategy would be the same. If you're going in with Sorceries or Faith builds you can expect this boss to have the same. If you don't want to fight a boss with the same build as you, you will have to go in with a different set of equipped weapons before switching back.
The boss only transforms when the host gets within range of the boss while it's in its slime form. Therefore, by summoning a player, it's possible to cheese the boss. Summon a player into the game, go into the boss room, and do not go near the boss. Have the summoned player attack the boss while it's in slime form. The boss will have the normal health of a Silver Tear enemy, and will be much easier to kill. This method only works if the summon can 1-shot the boss while it's in slime form, but in this phase it has much lower HP. Note: It's possible to employ a similar strategy solo by 1-shotting the boss while staying out of it's range, using magic or some other means.
Mimic Tear Attacks & Counters
|Mimic Tear attacks are dependent on the player's equipped weapons and stats. They adjust accordingly to your own build.|
Mimic Tear Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- Voice Actor: ??
- Mimic Tear is a boss in a closed arena, that can die not from player direct hit (f.e. by using Seppuku Skill/Ash of War).
- Other Notes and Trivia Go Here
Mimic Tear Image Gallery