Briefly binds Mohg, once imprisoned, to earth
Mohg's Shackle is a Tool in Elden Ring. Tools are unique, reusable items which assist the player during various facets of gameplay ranging from basic communication to assisting in boss encounters.
A fetish bathed in golden magic.
Shackles were used to bind the accursed people called the Omen, and these ones were made to keep a particular Omen under strictest confinement.
Though faint, the shackles still retain vestiges of power — enough to trap the once-bound Mohg on earth, if only for a short time.
Where to find Mohg's Shackle in Elden Ring
- Leyndell Royal Capital: Found all the way down in Subterranean Shunning-Grounds, guarded by 2 Giant Crayfish.
- Video location
Mohg's Shackle use in Elden Ring
- Mohg's Shackle, when used during one of Mohg's boss fights, causes Mohg to violently slam against the floor, inflicting no damage, but stunning him for a brief moment. This effect will also interrupt anything Mohg was doing at the time. The effect of this item can only be activated twice during the boss fight and only during Mohg's first phase. Attempting to use the shackle otherwise will have the player go through the animation, but will have no effect whatsoever.
Elden Ring Mohg's Shackle Notes & Tips
- You can hold up to 1 Mohg's Shackle.
- You can store up to 600 Mohg's Shackle.
- Sell Value: N/A
- Cooperative summons are also able to use this item during either of Mohg's boss fights. Please note, however, that Mohg can only be stunned by this shackle's effect twice per battle during their first phase, regardless of how many copies of the shackle are used.
- While it might be an oversight, Mohg's Shackle (as well as Margit's Shackle) can be used to dispel nearby illusory walls and trigger some dungeon traps that require striking, in particular, it can be used to trigger the fire pillar trap within Auriza Hero's Grave from as far away as the first safe alcove on the right where you encounter the dungeon's first Chariot, allowing the three Chariots in the dungeon to collide and be destroyed with considerably little effort. Supposedly, this effect is due to the shackle releasing an invisible, large range explosion that deals no damage, but hits everything in its range. Please note, Mohg's Shackle has less range than Margit's Shackle. This is likely due to the fact that you can encounter Margit once out on the field, so they gave his shackle a greater range to compensate for this.
Join the page discussion Register to EDIT the Wiki!
Asking the real question here: can this interrupt nihil?
Finding this item on google is a nightmare. Everything is about Margit's Shackle.
during Mohg the omen fight u can use the shackle in "second phase" as well
this boss is a lot of fun and isn't too hard but he always flies away in his second phase hard to attack as a melee build wish the shackles would work on second phase
Which Mohg does this count for? The blood lord or the omen? I'm guessing the blood lord because he is a main boss.
You can also get this one from Patches at his Volcano Manor location.
Both shackles can be used to trigger the pillars that spew flames.
It's awful that you cant use it when you actually need it before phase 2. Like it's literally useless. Shame.
does it really reveal illusion walls? because since i read that im spamming that thing.
Guys, you can use Mohgs shackle to make the flamethrower towers in catacombs actually go up or down
using it around one, will effect them.
Like the ones in Gelmirs hero cave, or the starting cave with the chariot
Be it an oversight or not, Mohg's Shackle can be used to destroy the chariot.
is this actually true?
I was wondering what this effect was and I saw it happen to Margit in a video just now. Didn't realize they both had separate items that worked like this, I thought it was a powerful incantation or something.
The fact that Mohg and Morgott both have shackles is just one more thing that adds weight to the theme of twins in Elden Ring.
Use this and Ghiza wheel, + Aleksander shard.
With this set up, you can skip phase 1, and leave him with very little health in phase 2
i beat mohg before finding this. i left the fight thinking he was absurdly weak for the area and went about exploring everything i missed. i thought since he was so weak, it was like a summon buddy. oh well, thanks for the info.
PSA: I tend to see a lot of people in co-op spamming shackle items as soon as the fight starts. Don't do this, as it wastes the shackle's influence. Instead, use it right before landing heavy burst damage, especially to their head. Alternatively, if playing co-op another great use is as a safety net for another player who's about to be finished off since it comes out fast and has infinite range.
use this a few times before the boss fight starts to keep him in place until you get too close in the arena. you can stand at the bottom of the steps and spam swarm of flies spell to do tons of bleed damage, which he cant move until you eventually stagger him.
Getting the "Underground Roadside" Grace:
- Start at the "Avenue Balcony" Grace.
- Take the stairs down, take a left and jump down onto the roofs. Now jump down to the courtyard where three crawlers will attack you.
- There is a well in the far corner which leads to the Subterranean Shunning-Grounds.
- Fight your way through until you see a couple of large grotesque enemies below. In the center of that street, across a locked door, is the Grace.
Getting Mohg's Shackle:
- Start at the "Underground Roadside" Grace.
- If you haven't done anything here yet: go left and work your way into the central area which is recognizable by wooden platforms, pipes and imps.
- If you unlocked the gate on the right: go through it and back into the central area.
- Now work your way down to the bottom by dropping down on the pipes.
- At the bottom there are two giant lobsters. The first one is visible and can be avoided. Across the room, a second one will come up from under water and will usually snipe you once. Behind it is the item. It's possible to run from it via a small breach in the side wall.
- While you are there, you can get another Grace.
I critical hit him at about 50-60% HP, then immediately use these twice in a row to get some fat charged attacks in. Enough to stun him again for another crit to kill him. Guess you just need to use it before he enters the 2nd phase, regardless of HP.
I smell cheese with this new update. You do it three times outside of the fog door, and then just make sure he isn't staggered/posture broke. Tyrannicon did a Youtube video about this.
This item is missing from the walkthrough page, where are these lobster guardians exactly? Missed it on my way to the boss.
Lore wise, what is the difference between this boss and Mohg Lord of Blood?
It's not consumable, it's reusable
1.Use the shackle before his fog door
2.Spam spells/ranged attacks
Absolutely obliterated Mohg when a teammate used it. We did so much initial DPS that it skipped his uber powerful countdown attack, went straight into second phase and died before he could jump around
Interestingly enough, Margott's shackle still completely works on Mohg. I used it twice on him.
This item allowed me to cheese Mohg Lord of Blood and kill him prior to activating second phase. Literally only possible because of this item and the free headshot and time to hit it granted, absolutely hilarious.
Completely useless. It works only when his Hp is almost full.. but that unavoidable something something blood curse seal kills me everytime when I beat him to half hp bar. what am I suppose to do?
this item doesn't do **** for Mohg Lord of Blood
Using this item will stun Mohg during a fight. Both in depth of capitol and 2nd location.
It works 2 times per fight.
This is a good item. It only works when the boss is above 90% of his HP. This may sound bad but you can easily hammer the first 20% off his HP for free with the item.