One of the night sorceries of Sellia, Town of Sorcery.
Releases a life-sapping silver mist before the caster, dealing
damage to all caught within, including the caster.
This sorcery can be cast while in motion.
Below Sellia, the Eternal City of Nokron sleeps. This sorcery
originates from the maiden of that place.
Where to find Night Maiden's Mist
Where to find Night Maiden's Mist:
Elden Ring Night Maiden's Mist Guide
- Night Sorcery
- Stamina Cost: 0
- Duration: 17 seconds
- Does about 1,500 damage overall.
- From the time the spell strikes to the time the mist clears is 15 seconds. It may continue to damage briefly after the spell ends.
- Can be charged, increasing the radius of the cloud but neither damage nor duration.
- It appears to double the radius. It may be slightly less.
- Can be cast at level 1 (Wretch) with enough intelligence boosting gear and low requirement staves:
- Headgear: Karolos Glintstone Crown, Olivinus Glintstone Crown or Twinsage Glintstone Crown.
- Talismans: Marika's Scarseal, Marika's Soreseal or Stargazer Heirloom.
- Staves: Glintstone Staff, Demi-Human Queen's Staff or Digger's Staff.
- Early options: Olivinus Glintstone Crown, Marika's Scarseal, and Glintstone Staff. These can be all obtained with little effort involved other than traveling and running past enemies.
- The mist can attack enemies through walls and objects. It can be used to kill hosts glitched under terrain or inside walls during invasions.
- Continues dealing damage for a few more ticks after the target has left the radius.
- Casting the spell will initially shoot a ball of mist, which will generate the mist area if it comes into contact with a wall, floor, enemy, or object. It will also generate the mist after it travels a few seconds in the air without touching anything.
- The mist lingers for its full duration even after death (until the loading screen), so if a boss has low health but you think you might not make it, you can cast it at your feet, or run into an existing mist and hopefully it will bring down the boss with you. The boss has to actually be defeated and give you its rewards though, otherwise this is pointless.
- This spell is very effective for guarding ladders. The direct impact area (about the size of an uncharged spell radius or smaller) will knock enemies down, but the mist will also slowly sap their HP.
- This sorcery deals damage to all targets, including yourself. The sole exception appears to be friendly players in co-op. Use with caution!
- However it doesn't destroy physical objects, nor can it destroy skull-like deposits on Walking Mausoleums.
- Multiple clouds do not stack, the second cancels the first.