Greatsword of Ordovis, one of the two honored as foremost
among the Crucible Knights.
This sword is imbued with an ancient holy essence.
Its red tint exemplifies the nature of primordial gold, said to be
close in nature to life itself.
Where to Find Ordovis's Greatsword in Elden Ring
The Ordovis's Greatsword weapon can be found at the following location:
Elden Ring Ordovis's Greatsword Notes & Tips
- Weapon Skill: Ordovis's Vortex
- This weapon cannot be infused with Ashes of War
- Can't be enchanted with Magic nor boosted by Consumables.
- Ordovis's Greatsword can be upgraded by using Somber Smithing Stones.
- Decent on a Strength Builds, as it mainly scales to Strength, Faith and Dex can be req only.
- The skill also scales to AR, not to Faith. Since both Dex and Faith Scaling on this weapon are terrible, rushing to 80 STR is the best option to maximise damage on both regular attacks and the skill.
- The Vortex is slow, meaning you'll need either proper timing or high poise to pull off a full charge. It has an AOE so can take out multiple enemies, and when you slam it into the ground it has a ripple effect depending on how much Vortex was charged. These ripples each due rapid damage that quickly stacks up, and they cause enemies to stagger on each one. If you're quick with a heavy follow up, you can cause a stance break.
- Sell Value: 1000
- Vortex deals both Physical and Holy Damage, though much more Physical than Holy (~80%).
- As a chargable weapon skill, the Godfrey Icon and Shard of Alexander will both increase the damage of the Vortex.
- Vortex grants a good amount of Poise, making it hard to interrupt
- Like most weapons that deal multiple damage types, this weapon has increased AR to compensate for the fact that its damage is calculated against two different enemy resistances (standard or pierce, and holy in this case).
Moveset & Videos in Elden Ring for Ordovis's Greatsword
Ordovis's Greatsword Upgrades in Elden Ring
Please see the Upgrades page to understand the weapon bolstering process.
Requires regular reinforcement with Somber Smithing Stones
|Attack Power||Stat Scaling||Passive Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|