Poison Mist is an Incantation in Elden Ring. The Poison Mist spell releases a cloud of poison in front of the caster, inflicting the Poison status effect on susceptible enemies. Updated to Patch 1.07.
Incantation of the servants of rot.
Releases a poisonous mist before the caster.
This incantation can be cast while in motion.
Those who dwell within poison know rot all too well. The death that begets life, that comes to all equally. That is to say: it is the cycle of rebirth put into practice.
Poison Mist Location in Elden Ring
- Weeping Peninsula: Dropped by a teleporting Teardrop Scarab in a forested area southeast of the Castle Morne Rampart site of grace. [Map link] and north of the poison swamp.
Poison Mist Guide
- Servants of Rot Incantation
- Stamina Cost: 10
- Inflicts Poison Buildup: (20) per tick.
- Poison Mist does not alert enemies of your presence. If they spawn in a static position and aren't immune to poison (for example, this doesn't work with the Black Knife Assassin guarding Sainted Hero's Grave as she's immune to poison), you can sneak behind them and use it repeatedly until they die of poisoning. Notable examples of overworld minibosses that can be cheesed this way include:
- The Draconic Tree Sentinel guarding the entry to Leyndell, Royal Capital
- The Godskin Apostle in Dominula, Windmill Village
- Commander O'Neill
- The Baleful Shadow in Ainsel River (this is possible by running to the elevator leading to Lake of Rot, resting at the grace and riding it back. If the player crouches, they can sneak behind the Shadow and kill it with multiple casts)
- Erdtree Avatars (might require to quit out of the game a couple of times in order to reach their back but they can be killed without noticing you, tested on the western Liurnia avatar)
- every humanoid non-invader NPC that can be approached from behind (simply attack them, run away until they lose aggro, circle around them, approach them from their back while crouching, cast)
- Additionally, it doesn't wake sleeping enemies, making it ideal on enemies weak to sleep, such as the Godskin Apostle.
- Note: This Spell was changed with Patch 1.07 as follows; Poison Status Buildup was increased to 20 (from 10).
Poison Mist Note and Tips
- Updated to patch 1.07. See Patch Notes for details.
- Other notes and player tips go here.