Skill prized by the crafty and fleet of foot.
Perform a quickstep maneuver that allows for circling around lock-on targets.
Quickstep is a Skill in Elden Ring. Quickstep is an action skill that allows players to reposition themselves in combat to avoid incoming damage and gain a better position to attack the targeted enemy.
How to get Quickstep
- Default skill for the Great Knife, Forked Hatchet, Misericorde, Daggers, Erdsteel Dagger, Hookclaws, Ivory Sickle, Celebrant's Sickle.
- Sold by Knight Bernahl at the Warmaster's Shack for 800 . Elden Ring Map Link.
- Can be purchased from Twin Maiden Husks at the Roundtable Hold after giving them Bernahl's Bell Bearing.
- Default skill for the Venomous Fang.
Elden Ring Quickstep Guide, Notes & Tips
- This is an Ash of War Skill, associated with the Ash of War: Quickstep.
- FP Cost: 3
- Stamina Cost: 12 (the same as rolling)
- If you're out of FP, the Stamina Cost is 18.
- A single use of Quickstep provides 15 invulnerability frames (at 30 FPS).
- If you use Quickstep multiple times in a row, uses after the first provide 13 i-frames (14 with light Equip Load).
- If you're out of FP, it provides only 5 i-frames.
- See Dodging for detailed information on the mechanic and a comparison of different dodging skills.
- When R1 is pressed after using this skill sideways or backwards, it will perform a Backstep attack.
- As stated in the skills description, using this skill sideways while locked on will circle around the target you are locked on to. If you wish to circle around the target, then you must perform the sideways animation. This maneuver does not work when using the forward or backwards animation. Changed in patch 1.06. see example below (Try holding back-left or back-right when you're right next to your target to ensure a sideways quickstep.)
- Patch 1.06 introduced several substantial changes to Quickstep:
- It reduced the activation interval when using Quickstep repeatedly, making it easier to circle around the enemy when locked on.
- It added more curving towards your target when Quickstepping forwards or sideways, giving it a reason to choose Quickstep over Bloodhounds Step. (Ex. When using a forward-left/right Quickstep Infront of your target, you will curve around and home in towards your targets back, perfectly setting up for a backstab)
- It increased the recovery time when using Quickstep repeatedly.
- It increased the distance traveled with a light Equip Load.
Click below for Quickstep recovery frame data.
See Quickstep recovery frames at 30 FPS (click to reveal)