Rivers of Blood is a Katana in Elden Ring. The Rivers of Blood scales primarily with Strength, Dexterity, and Arcane and is a good Weapon for mid-range combat and it is capable of inflicting both Slash and Pierce attacks. The scaling was fixed in an update
Weapon of Okina, swordsman from the Land of Reeds.
A cursed weapon that has felled countless men.
When Mohg, the Lord of Blood, first felt Okina's sword, and madness,
upon his flesh, he had a proposal, to offer Okina the life of a demon, whose thirst would never go unsated.
Where to Find Rivers of Blood in Elden Ring
The Rivers of Blood weapon can be found at the following location:
- Dropped by Bloody Finger Okina
- Okina invades near the Church of Repose, found in the Eastern region of Mountaintops of the Giants.
[Elden Ring Map here]
Elden Ring Rivers of Blood Notes & Tips
- Weapon Skill: Corpse Piler
- Cannot be infused with Ashes of War
- Cannot be enchanted with Magic nor boosted by Consumables.
- Causes Blood loss Buildup: (50)
- Despite the D scaling in Arcane, the damage gain is comparable to Dex but splits more into Fire. In addition, more arcane increases bleed build up. In summary, this weapon is reasonably viable on a pure Dex or pure Arcane build.
- Sell Value: 500
- Corpse Piler has the same animation as Double Slash, but longer range and adds more Bleed Build Up than is listed on the weapon
- Corpse Piler deals both Physical and Fire Damage
- Rivers of Blood is most likely inspired by Muramasa, a swordsmith in Japan from the 16th century. Legend says that Muramasa's swords were cursed and demonic in power, causing bloodlust to those who wield it.
- NOTE: As of Patch 1.08, Katanas poise damage has been reduced only on PVP.
- Other notes and player tips go here.
Moveset & Videos in Elden Ring for Rivers of Blood
Rivers of Blood Upgrades in Elden Ring
Please see the Upgrades page to understand the weapon bolstering process.
Requires regular reinforcement with Somber Smithing Stones.
|Attack Power||Stat Scaling||Passive Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Rivers of Blood||Phy||Mag||Fir||Lit||Hol||Sta||Str||Dex||Int||Fai||Arc||Any||Phy||Mag||Fir||Lit||Hol||Bst||Rst|