Roiling Magma is a Sorcery in Elden Ring. Roiling Magma spell fires a ball of magma. Upon contact with the environment, explodes in a radius after a short delay while additionally leaving patches of lava. This explosion will not occur if the ball hits an enemy, instead dealing single target damage. Can be charged to increase the explosion delay, radius and damage. Updated to Patch 1.07.
One of the sorceries developed from the magma of Mt. Gelmir.
Fires a lump of condensed magma that explodes a short delay after hitting the target.
Charging enhances potency and further delays the explosion.
After discovering the ancient hexes of Gelmir, Rykard, son of Queen Rennala, brought them back into practical use as new forms of sorcery.
Roiling Magma Location in Elden Ring
Roiling Magma can be found in the following location:
Elden Ring Roiling Magma Guide
- Magma Sorcery
- Stamina Cost: 27
- Deals fire damage
- Sticks to surfaces such as walls and ceilings
- Most enemies that are unaware of the player will walk towards the magma ball, drawn to the light and sound.
- Despite magma ball being a fire projectile, hitting a target with the ball does not reset frostbite debuff; unlike other fire based damage does. The explosion however, does remove the frostbite debuff from target.
- The projectile will disappear if it hits an enemy, or if it simply reaches its maximum travel distance.
- NOTE: Since Patch 1.07 FP Consumption has been Decreased from 32 to 28.
Elden Ring Roiling Magma Notes and tips
- Updated to patch 1.07. See Patch Notes for details.
- Other notes and player tips go here.