Royal Revenant is a Boss in Elden Ring. Royal Revenant is a grotesque amalgamation of humanoid and arachnid, with its many grafted limbs. The Revenant is extremely aggressive and quick, utilizing its poison attacks to weaken prey. It is extremely weak to the Heal spell, despite the spell having no offensive properties. Royal Revenant can be found in the Kingsrealm Ruins and other locations. This is an optional boss, as players don't need to defeat it in order to advance in Elden Ring. However, doing so yields useful Items and Runes.
An obscene and disturbing abomination, blend of a spider-like creature and human limbs resulting in a quite resourceful fighter at close range.
Elden Ring Royal Revenant Boss
Royal Revenant is a Field Boss found in the Kingsrealm Ruins.
- Royal Revenant is an optional boss
- Royal Revenant is a Field-type boss
- Closest Site of Grace: Northern Liurnia Lake Shore
- Multiplayer is available for this boss
- Spirit Summons are available for this boss.
- Royal Revenant drops 3,100 Runes upon defeat.
Elden Ring Royal Revenant Location
Royal Revenant can be found at the Kingsrealm Ruins in northwest Liurnia of the Lakes. It is in a hidden underground location under the ruins. The stairs leading down to this underground area is hidden by an illusory floor in the northeast section of the ruins. Attacking the illusory floor dispels it, revealing the stairs. [Map Link]
2 Royal Revenants can be found in The Shaded Castle as regular enemies.
Multiple Royal Revenants can be found at the ground level of Elphael Brace of the Haligtree.
Royal Revenant Combat Information
- Health: NG (??), NG+ (??), NG++ (??), NG+3 (??), NG+4 (??), NG+5 (??), NG+6 (??), NG+7 (??)
- Defenses do not change between phases - a firebomb will do the same damage in phase 1 as in phase 2.
- Deals Standard Damage. May also inflict Poison.
- The area of effect from Heal, Great Heal, Lord's Heal, and Erdtree Heal damages Revenants, including this boss, for 50% of their max HP + 300 HP. In addition, the area of effect from Blessing's Boon and Blessing of the Erdtree damages them for 3% + 10 HP per second for 30 seconds. The area of effect of these healing incantations also deal significant Poise damage.
- Parriable: No
- Can be poise broken, which allows for a critical attack.
Negations (or Absorptions)
The absorption numbers are the % of your damage that gets blocked. For example, if an absorption is 60, 40% of that damage by that type will go through and 60% is absorbed. Bigger number = less damage. An absorption of 100 means no damage goes through, and a resistance of -100 mean the enemy takes 2x damage from that source. 0 means damage goes pretty much as is.
The resistance numbers are the buildup amount to trigger it. For example, if a resistance is 100 you must deal 100 points of whatever aux buildup to trigger it. Note that these go down over time, and increase each time the effect procs.
Elden Ring Royal Revenant Boss Guide
Royal Revenant Boss Video Guide
Royal Revenant Fight Strategy
The Best Tips for Royal Revenant:
- Using Heal within range of the Royal Revenant will deal massive damage to it, as well as break its stance, allowing for an easy follow-up heal to kill it.
- With the help of Godrick's Great Rune (+5 all stats) and the Two Fingers Heirloom (+5 Faith), any starting class is capable of using this strategy.
- Bring a Shield if fighting melee. Barricade Shield is recommended to prevent stamina depletion
- Neutralizing Boluses can alleviate poison buildup
- Lone Wolf Ashes or any other summon is recommended for ranged combat to put some separation between enemy and player.
It is not recommended to fight this enemy melee (see above/below). If you must, use your hardest hitting weapon and attempt to break its stance with jumping attacks or guard counters. Be aware of the arena too since he can be encountered in a tight space. With that in mind, the best strategy is to spend the encounter trying to circle around the enemy to get out its line of sight since most attacks are projected forward. Ideally, have a shield with you to counter its aggressive attack combos. If it disappears in to the floor, back up and get a better view of the whole arena, but remain in a space open enough where you can dodge for when it reappears and spews its poison attack. Continue to dodge to its side while blocking and attacking to eventually deplete its health.
Magic and Ranged Users
Cast the Heal spell within the vicinity of this enemy in order to deal massive damage and break its stance, allowing for one to easily follow up with another Heal to finish it off. Ideally have a summon to help distract the enemy allowing you to also bring some separation between you and the revenant in this small arena. Much like melee in this tight space, since most attacks are dealt forward, keep circling to the side to remain out of its line of sight and avoid its attack. Roll to the side as much as possible while following up with an attack.
Royal Revenant Attacks & Counters
|Slam||The revenant brings its front hands up before coming down for a ground slam.||This attack can be parried and is easily noticed from the starting animation. There is a brief pause as it lifts its body just before coming down for a slam, giving the player enough time to roll away and get out of the damage range.|
|Lunge||This enemy quickly lunges at players from a distances. It can use one or both of its from arms for this attack, charging forward. This attack can occur in a combo.||Block this attack if plausible or side step away from this direction he faces. Due to the small arena, attempt to always be moving to the side in order to gain a better position to attack and avoid receiving damage form lunges.|
|Teleport (Poison)||This action is usually accompanied by a poison inflicting attack upon appearing. This enemy momentarily can disappear and reposition then respawn while immediately spewing poison forward.||Keep an eye out of the arena. This action doesn't usually take long so if you don't see it appear, odds are it could've appeared behind you. Locate it and immediate dodge to the side to anticipate its attack.|
|Aggro Scratching||For this action the enemy runs at the player while aggressively clawing repeatedly. This action may end with another attack to end the combo.||A shield is recommended if players choose to fight in melee. Block these attacks while backing up.|
Royal Revenant Lore, Notes & Other Trivia
- Voice Actor: ??
- Other Notes and Trivia Go Here
This boss has no dialogue
Royal Revenant Image Gallery