Originally rubble from a ruin which fell from the sky, this surviving fragment was honed into a weapon.
One of the legendary armaments.
The ruin it came from crumbled when struck by a meteorite, as such this weapon harbors its destructive power.
Where to Find Ruins Greatsword in Elden Ring
The Ruins Greatsword weapon can be found at the following location:
- Ruins Greatsword can be acquried by defeating Misbegotten Warrior + Crucible Knight at Redmane Castle Plaza. [Elden Ring Map here] This boss fight is only accessible before the festival OR after defeating Starscourge Radahn and exhausting Witch-Hunter Jerren's subsequent dialogue. Video Location
Elden Ring Ruins Greatsword Notes & Tips
- Weapon Skill: Wave of Destruction
- This weapon cannot be infused with Ashes of War
- Cannot be enchanted with Magic nor boosted by Consumables
- Ruins Greatsword can be upgraded by using Somber Smithing Stones
- Wave of Destruction: The weapon skill damage scales primarily with weapon level. There are minor increases in damage from STR levels, and the least increase from INT levels.
- Charged strong attacks cause a small burst of gravity magic upon slamming the ground. This slam causes additional damage, as well as staggering enemies in close proximity. This doesn't cost FP, but consumes more Stamina than normal charged heavy attacks.
- If the player doesn't meet the stat requirements to wield the weapon, the following penalties are applied:
- They will become unable to use the Weapon Skill.
- Their stamina cost on each attack is increased.
- They cannot benefit from the weapon's magic scaling.
- However, meeting the STR requirement allows the physical damage and scaling of the weapon remain the same. The base magical damage also remains unaffected.
- This could prove useful for pure Strength builds if the player manages to acquire it early in the game, provided they can find the Somber Stones to upgrade it.
- Sell Value: 1000
- Normally you can rotate to attack in any which direction during the final stages of the animation but with this weapon the 1H R2 is seemingly locked into whatever direction you were facing when pressing R2.
- Other notes and player tips go here
Moveset & Videos in Elden Ring for Ruins Greatsword
- Videos for the Ruins Greatsword Coming Soon
Ruins Greatsword Upgrades in Elden Ring
Please see the Upgrades page to understand the weapon bolstering process.
Requires regular reinforcement with Somber Smithing Stones.
|Attack Power||Stat Scaling||Passive Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Elden Ring Colossal Sword|