Will be lost on death in place of runes.
A talisman fashioned from a dried twig, so slender that it might snap at the slightest touch.
Prevent rune loss upon death, but will be lost itself in exchange.
Believed to be a twig pruned from the Erdtree long, long ago.
Sacrificial Twig Effect in Elden Ring
Sacrificial Twig prevents rune loss upon death, but will be lost itself in exchange. Users will lose the talisman instead of their runes, saving them the effort and risk of having to do the trip to pick up the runes where they died.
Where to find Sacrificial Twig in Elden Ring
Where to purchase Sacrificial Twig:
- Sold by Patches at Murkwater Cave after he sets up shop. [Video location]
- Can be purchased from Twin Maiden Husks at the Roundtable Hold, after giving them Patches' Bell Bearing.
- Three sold by the Isolated Merchant at the Weeping Peninsula for 3,000 Runes each. [Map link]
Where to find Sacrificial Twig:
- Rare drop from Lesser Wormfaces in Altus Plateau and Crumbling Farum Azula.
- Mistwood: Can be found on the ledge of the cemetery overlooking the Mistwood Ruins, northeast of Waypoint Ruins. [Map link]
- Liurnia of the Lakes: Found on a corpse sitting by a stone platform jutting out of the cliffs in the southern landmass. The platform is accessible from the top of the long stretch of land where the Malefactor's Evergaol is located. [Map link]
- Given by Edgar when spoken to for the first time at Castle Morne. [Map link] [Video location]
- Altus Plateau: Can be found inside a chest at an enemy camp. [Map link]
- One received from Fia after talking about Rogier while progressing his questline.
- Video Location, Miquella's Halligtree
Elden Ring Sacrificial Twig Notes & Tips
- Sell value: 1,000
- Because the item is lost when its effect activates, it's a good idea to have multiple copies of it.
- It can also be used after a death, on the trip to get back your Runes, to have a safe-guard in case of another death. In this scenario, were the player to die a second time before recovering their Runes, the Sacrificial Twig will be consumed and the original Runes will not be lost, as a ''second'' Rune recovery point will not be generated. Thus the player can try once again to recover their runes.
- Important note: Does not prevent rune loss when dying to Death Blight. When afflicted by Death Blight, the Sacrificial Twig will remain equipped as if nothing had happened, and the player's Runes will be lost at their death's location as normal.