Serpent-Hunter is a Great Spear in Elden Ring. The Serpent-Hunter scales primarily with Strength and Dexterity. It is a good Weapon for attacking enemies at a long reach and does not require any stats value.
Weapon that serves as both greatsword and spear. Thought to
have been used to hunt an immortal great serpent in the distant
past, it manifests a long blade of light when facing such a creature.
When their master's heroic aspirations degenerated into mere
greed, his men searched for a weapon with which they might halt
Where to Find Serpent-Hunter in Elden Ring
The Serpent-Hunter weapon can be found at the following location:
- Held by a corpse on the left as you enter the boss chamber of Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy. [Elden Ring Map here]
- If the players picks up the Serpent-Hunter in the middle of being summoned. After picking up the spear and getting summoned, a second copy of the Serpent-Hunter would appear at the original location upon returning to their world, allowing you to dual wield the Serpent-Hunters.
- This weapon will not be respawned on a New Game Plus. The only way to respawn the weapon is to discard it. After discarding the weapon and reloading your location, the weapon would reappear at its original location provided that Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy was still alive.
- If the player manages to beat Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy without picking up the Serpent-Hunter, the weapon disappears.
- Video Location
Elden Ring Serpent-Hunter Notes & Tips
- Weapon Skill: Great-Serpent Hunt
- This weapon cannot be infused with Ashes of War
- Serpent-Hunter can be upgraded by using Somber Smithing Stones
- A solid weapon for Strength build due to its A scaling for Strength. While slightly heavier than the Lance and cannot be infused with Ashes of War, the Serpent-Hunter has a horizontal sweep as its strong attacks. It can also be used as an offhand weapon for the Lance if one wants to dual wield Great Spear class weapons.
- Sell Value: 0
- This item cannot be sold.
- This item cannot be dropped and given to another player.
- NOTE: As of Patch 1.08 incorrect physical attack values of some attacks of the Serpent-Hunter weapon has been fixed.
- The weapon's attacks, and its weapon skill, will generate additional beams of swirling wind that greatly extend its range to allow the player to hit Rykard from outside the lava pool at his feet.
- Axe Talisman and Spiked Cracked Tear, Claw Talisman (and by extension, Raptor's Black Feathers), Twinblade Talisman, Spear Talisman and Curved Sword Talisman do not affect the special damage of the weapon.
- Warrior Jar Shard and Shard of Alexander does boost the damage of the weapon's Skill.
- Because of the long windup of the skill, people can believe that Godfrey Icon boost its damage, but that is not the case.
- Ritual Sword Talisman, Red-Feathered Branchsword, Kindred of Rot's Exultation and Lord of Blood's Exultation work as normal, and provide a general damage boost. The same applies to the incantation Flame, Grant me Strength.
- Winged Sword Insignia does not trigger while attacking, but does receive the benefit if triggered by another weapon.
- When dual wielding with another Great Spear class weapon, both spears will generate the beams during the powerstance attacks.
Moveset & Videos in Elden Ring for Serpent-Hunter
- Videos for the Serpent-Hunter Coming Soon
Serpent-Hunter Upgrades in Elden Ring
Please see the Upgrades page to understand the weapon bolstering process.
Requires regular reinforcement with Somber Smithing Stones
|Attack Power||Stat Scaling||Passive Effects||Damage Reduction (%)|
|Elden Ring Great Spears|